Tampa Reptile Mania & Exotic Expo - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #21
Suncoast Herpetological
Thumbs up What a treat!!!

Well the first day of the Tampa show is now over. I just got home and put my feet up. What a geniuine delight to actually work an organized show. From set up yesterday to 5:00 this afternoon it was seamlessly professional and well organized.

The non existant advertising budget that another promoter (we all know who) has been touting on his website must have kicked in at some time since traffic was strong all day with buyers instead of gawkers. Probably has something to do with the lack of a petting zoo / circus.

All in all an extremely positive (and lucrative) day. I could not be more pleased.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:53 AM   #22
Gino
I agree with John.
I've already done better than Fall Tampa on Sat and had so much less on the table.
So much for that injunction.:-)
For the first time I came to set up Friday and everything was ready at 1:00.
I came to set up to play music on Friday night and it was soooooooo relaxed and organized.
Other Tampa shows nothing was ready and I was being pushed to get started.
I'm finally looking forward to releasing the CD in cooperation with a promotor who appears to actually care what my needs are to get things done correctly.
Ditto John. Seeya in a couple of hours.
Take Care,
Gino

Old 03-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #23
Mike Greathouse
Back To Basics

From a vendor standpoint, it is so refreshing to work at a show where the customers are there to purchase animals and not to take the kids to the zoo.

After just one day, Tampa Reptile Mania has already proven to be a huge success. The traffic was steady all day and not one person asked where they could find the camel ride.

The customers were there to see and purchase animals and from what I could see, every vendor was doing well.

Couple this with the the organization and professionalism exhibited by Alex and his staff, and you've got a perfect show.

I look forward to a long a prosperous history for the Tampa Reptile Mania & Exotic Expo.

Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #24
eric adrignola
So how did everything go on Sunday? The last Tampa shows didnt' go so well, so I'm curious how attendance was at this one.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #25
Mike Greathouse
This was hands-down the best Tampa show that I have ever worked.
It was well organized, the traffic was steady both days, and the attendees were there to see and buy reptiles.

My table was located near the front door and from this vantage point, I could easily see the traffic. There was a steady stream of people coming in all day. This was without question, a buying show. People were leaving with armloads of animals and supplies.

Once again, kudos to Alex and his staff for a very well run show.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #26
Suncoast Herpetological
Thumbs up Sunday was as great as Saturday

Day two started off strong and kept on going. Steady foot traffic and steady sales all day. The crowd did not even begin to thin till 3:30 or so.

All in all the best show I have worked at this venue. The professionalism and organization really capped off an alltogether stellar show.

Oh, and by the way Alex, all the things you have been accused of not doing for the vendors at this show, i.e no advertising, lack of communication, and a complete lack of concern for all of us....keep doing them. If it got much busier at the show we would not have been able to handle the traffic.

I have already committed to my tables at the Fall Show as have most of the other vendors.

This one was an unqualified hit!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #27
Gino
Ditto.
This was my best Tampa show in 3 years.
How did I do that with the least amount of animals I had in 3 years?
I'm still trying to figure it out... NOT!
I am truly sorry that there is bitterness out there but the truth is this was an example of how to treat attendees, vendors, and just plain folk.
I enjoyed the time with my neighbors. Even though we all kept busy enough the atmosphere was so stress free we actually seem to enjoy each other's company more.
I for one WILL NEVER return to the stressed out way of doing things that went on so long.
All I can say about this new set up is what I said as I walked out the door:
"TO BE CONTINUED"
By the way, Mike. I got $20 left over what will you give me for it?
Gino

Old 03-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #28
Winston
You know this show was really good...saw a lot of high dollar aniamls go...I think everyone did not bad.....but as with everything there is always room for improvements........but the attendance was good....people was buying.....over all it is really good........I would def. do it again.....oh yeah I might think about doing Tony's show only if I get free tables.....but anyways Hey Alex good show I want end caps at the main isle next time)

Old 03-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #29
homegrownherps
Thumbs up Back To Basics

This was by far the BEST Tampa show I have done. In the past 4 years I have a done both the spring shows and the fall shows making that 8 shows consecutive.
And never have I done this well! (Despite the unprofessional dirty tactics by Tony to do what he could to prevent vendors and customers to attend).

As mentioned by others, this event was WELL organized, when I needed something Alex and Brett were actually in the building and I didn't’t have to search for them.
Vendor packets were ready when we arrived and not having to wait until Saturday afternoon to get them was great. All the tables were numbered and easy to find.
Even though my spaces didn't’t have electric and were supposed to…. Alex had my electric set up in a matter of 10 minutes and I didn't’t have to follow him around the building to make sure he didn't’t forget (like so many of have had to do with Tony in past shows).

Traffic was good, and no doubt will get better from here on in. Saturday’s traffic was heavy until about 3:30 – 4:00, and Sunday’s traffic started slow but didn't’t stay that way long. I don’t think there was a single vendor that was unhappy about sales. I had very little stock left over from last season and still did very well.

It was great to be back in Tampa!

And even though Tony offered me two free table and electric, I still won’t do his Clearwater event (if it even happens) or any of his other shows.

Thanks to Gino, Paul, and the rest of the band for some entertainment during set up.
Can’t wait to hear that album.

I’ll be back in the fall !

Old 03-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #30
Gino
Thanks Jim,
That's a tough room to get your sound correct in. You bounce all over the place.
Still it was great to perform without all of the stress of disorganization.
Next year the release party will be at a concert venue with full band on Sat Night.
I know Tony is now telling folks I am breaking my word by pulling the CD from his show.
The truth is Tony ended the agreement.
When I was scrambling to get necessary information to continue he blew me off for 6 weeks.
When that made an April promised release impossible he was angry and ignored EVERY SINGLE effort I made to secure the support I needed to release the CD through his shows.
Many of my musicians signed on because of a promise of a Hard Rock release party that Tony promised. I have since learned he never secured any commitments for that concert.
I feel completely confident that I made every attempt to fulfill any promise I made.
In Cold Blood will happen. It will happen Sept 30th at Alex's Fall show.
I'll be posting an informational link soon that will include selected lyrics, musician bios, Information on next year's release party concert, cover art, and maybe later a demo of a song or 2.

Sorry if I got off target but the blasts from Tony have only recently come to my attention. I am a man of my word and if Tony had kept his word I would have still released the CD at his show even with the current fighting.
Take Care,
Gino

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!