Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #301
Reptar
Isn't there a pending court date to settle this? I think at this point before the courts have their say the most favorable outcome from this mess would be for the OP to get her $400 back and for Ty to donate 3,000 on her behalf to the charity of her choice as previously suggested. This much drama isn't worth it, specially when this all started to help reptiles.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #302
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Isn't there a pending court date to settle this? I think at this point before the courts have their say the most favorable outcome from this mess would be for the OP to get her $400 back and for Ty to donate 3,000 on her behalf to the charity of her choice as previously suggested. This much drama isn't worth it, specially when this all started to help reptiles.
Sorry to disagree, but Michelle WON the raffle. The only thing which should happen is that she herself should be paid the $3K as promised in the original raffle terms presented by Mr Park.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #303
Reptar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
Sorry to disagree, but Michelle WON the raffle. The only thing which should happen is that she herself should be paid the $3K as promised in the original raffle terms presented by Mr Park.
I would normally agree with you but who knows what the court will decide. If they rule in her favor what's to say Ty won't appeal and continue to drag this out. I hope he doesn't and accepts whatever is decided but the 400 she spent isn't worth flying to FL plus accommodation/food and whatever else she will spend and hope he wins. As unfair as it is sometimes the law doesn't see who we think is right but who has deeper pockets.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #304
zovick
Quote:
I would normally agree with you but who knows what the court will decide. If they rule in her favor what's to say Ty won't appeal and continue to drag this out. I hope he doesn't and accepts whatever is decided but the 400 she spent isn't worth flying to FL plus accommodation/food and whatever else she will spend and hope he wins. As unfair as it is sometimes the law doesn't see who we think is right but who has deeper pockets.
Yes, you are correct in theory. However, as of now, the case is being heard in MA where Michelle lives. The magistrate there allowed Park to testify via phone. Possibly the same thing could happen for Michelle in FL if the case ends up there.

Hopefully, though, before too much longer, someone in that IRCF organization will see fit to make good on THEIR obligation to deliver what was promised. Since the ticket sales were payable to the IRCF, not to Park, I think IRCF is the party legally responsible for making that payment in the end. As I have said earlier, if the legality of all these fund-raising shenanigans comes into question, they will very likely regret not simply paying the $3K. Several things have been brought up in this thread already upon which I know the IRS would frown were they made aware.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #305
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
Hopefully, though, before too much longer, someone in that IRCF organization will see fit to make good on THEIR obligation to deliver what was promised.

I believe the IRCF is responsible for awarding the prizes in the raffle. It is their responsibility in my opinion to either have gotten the advertised lizard, or now, award cash. Donors donate to the non profit, the non profit awards the prizes.
After looking over the law in Fla and Az, one can see that the IRCF is not going to want the 'participation' other than donating to them, of anyone in another state, and Ty, who I do not believe is a non profit, is not going to want to be seen as participating, other than a donor, in such a raffle.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #306
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
otherwise you will have people like
King Joffrey trying to drag your name through the mud until he tires of it,
and trolls someone else
I guess insults and name-calling are just fine and dandy when it comes time to take up for the bad guy. Your hypocrisy isn't even vaguely surprising at this point.

If the telling of hard truths makes one a troll, I guess that's what I am. Better that, than someone who's desperate to rationalize Ty Park's bad decisions and clear display of utterly poor character. If I'm Joffrey, I guess that would probably make you Ser Dontos. I can live with that, so long as I've made you into a fool.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #307
Lucille
It was not clear at the beginning of the thread that Ty was not running the raffle. The first screen shot we saw is of Ty saying 'How many of you would be interested if I ran an online-raffle for a baby albino blue tegu to be delivered in July?'.
That offer was so wrong, in so many ways- Unless Ty is a non profit, he cannot run a raffle, he sure can't run an online raffle, and he seemed to be raffling a prize not yet in existence.

Later in the thread it became clear that the IRCF was running the raffle. The line between the non-profit and the donor seemed to be impermissibly smudged, Michelle should not have had to deal with Ty at all, and for John to say he did not want to be involved was perhaps not a good choice, since it turns out the IRCF is the one responsible for the prizes in my opinion.

Ty says he hired an attorney. In my opinion the attorney should have made it clear that Ty was not the responsible party because Ty was merely a donor to the IRCF, not to the winners.

In reality, in many cases in these types of fundraisers the prizes may be sent direct from the donor, but in cases where there are issues, making the distinction of who is actually awarding the prize can be critical.
I'm not sure why the Ty suit is still active. If it were me with no lizard under the tree, I'd be looking at the IRCF.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #308
Lucille
I should have added that no matter who was to award the lizards, what Ty did was wrong and hurtful, and I believe that should he have any interest in righting the wrong he perpetrated on Michelle, after the IRCF settles up with Michelle, he should send a gift and apology.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #309
Lucille
And that maybe the gift should be one of the lizards he kept back.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #310
SofaKing
Quote:
All I know about Ty Park is he's a man of his word and has a great reputation as a breeder and a conservationist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240 View Post
Here's my interpretation. Ty offered you an albino blue tegu but you saw a way to take advantage of the situation and wanted $3k instead. Ty donates a huge portion of his reptile income to conservation efforts. These raffles are held for a good cause and Ty funds them 100%. It's a shame to see someone take advantage of his efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognose1 View Post
Your a POS liar...I hope Mr. Ty Park sues you for this post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I do not know Mr. Parks, but if he is friends with Rick Hudson, then he is "good people" in my book.
I wish this could have been resolved without it going this far, because frankly, all I see is a bunch of people trying to drag a good man through the mud.

I guess Ty held a private raffle for his followers, to see who can stick their head up his ass the furthest.... Here's the winners!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu