Bite Club - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #301
Tiger Lilly
Hey, it's always impressive that they give it a shot. Let's just hope HE doesn't get bit before developing a serious fondness for the creatures!
I've got 3 grown boys (men); one that won't deal with them unless he HAS to...gets huffy if I ask him to clean the bins because he thinks I'm going to torture him by making him take the snakes out of it first. Told him I LOVE my snakes, I wouldn't be that mean to them! The other 2 are more reptile friendly, but they don't have any.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #302
Tiger Lilly
IT'S JUST NOT MY WEEK

Can you believe my luck? I get home from work this morning & am feeding my beardie and I GET BIT BY HER! I was just feeding her like I always do (in the morning when I come home & before I go to work in the evening) & as I reach in to her tank, she jumped up and bit the crap out of my finger!
DID SOMEONE STICK A "BITE ME" SIGN ON MY BACK?!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #303
TheFragginDragon
OUCH!!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #304
Tiger Lilly
Yeah, I think it's gonna hurt more because it's on the tip of my finger...think I'm gonna avoid anything with teeth for a few days!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #305
h3llc4t
Oh noes, that doesn't look pleasant...they say things come in threes, so I'd watch out the next few days.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #306
Tiger Lilly
Thanks, Tracie! Now I KNOW I'm gloving up for sure--got a lot of cleaning to do this weekend--and found out for sure that 3 other bp's are gravid, and possibly 2 more besides those! yay for me...

Old 03-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #307
JordanAng420
I think it would be a shorter to list what I haven't been bitten by...The majority of the bites i've sustained were from animals that were being anethetized, so I really don't hold MOST of them accountable...as a veterinary nurse i'm quite good with restraint, but as we all know, (poop) happens. So far nothing venomous has tagged me, as the only thing i've ever handled were a couple of gila monsters, which was AWESOME btw...and no arachnids. ::shudders:: Bird bites don't tickle that much, especially aggressive, unsocialized macaws that have never seen daylight and literally CHARGE and attack you. I love those. Countless amounts of cat bites and infections, a few of them requiring IV antibiotics & stitches...one that required me to receive a rabies series.

The worst "bite" that I ever sustained was from a can opener. I went to remove the can of food and it sliced me right open... I ended up needing emergency surgery to repair the nerve damage in my fingers. So that's the only thing I try & avoid.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #308
Tiger Lilly
I'm so sorry

Maia, if the can opener was your worst bite, I regret to inform you that we will be moving your response to the "mechanical malfunctions / attacked by machinery" forums...
I think I'd rather be bit by a reptile than by a can opener--owie!

Old 03-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #309
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Yeah, I think it's gonna hurt more because it's on the tip of my finger...think I'm gonna avoid anything with teeth for a few days!
Troi, I guess that means you're not married then?
lol

Nasty bite there, didn't know those beardies could be so vicious, but then again they are from Australia where the Rivers are full of Crocs, the Beaches have the Great Whites and the Bush has all the venomous beasties...

How's it doing?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #310
Tiger Lilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Troi, I guess that means you're not married then?
lol

Nasty bite there, didn't know those beardies could be so vicious, but then again they are from Australia where the Rivers are full of Crocs, the Beaches have the Great Whites and the Bush has all the venomous beasties...

How's it doing?
Like I said, you're one funny guy! Where are those rocks...
I did not know a beardie would hang on when it bit--she almost went flying across the room when I yanked my hand out of the tank. But it was my fault; I shouldn't have been trying to feed her by hand...
Doesn't hurt like I thought it would; probably could've used a stitch or 2 on the right side of the bite. I'm keeping it band-aided for another day or so to keep stuff out of it.
It was a difficult week, but I'm over it. Not planning on being a regular poster on THIS forum.
You'll have to make fun of me somewhere else!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!