Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #301
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfconstrictors View Post
But there are also people that don't want to necessarily be "bigger breeders". They do it for the love of the hobby more then to make a real business out of it.
That may be so, but how do you think most of the bigger breeders started out in this business? I would venture to say that nearly all of them started with the love of the hobby. Actually, I would say it is likely quite rare that someone get into this with only $$ in their eyes and be successful at it.

Fact of the matter is, big or small, if someone wants to sell off the animals they produce, unless someone knows about them, they will not have as easy of a job doing so as someone who does make themselves very visible. Unless, of course, you are willing to stay low profile and wait 10 years or so for word of mouth to have an appreciable effect.

Selling is a competitive exercise, and quite often the returns will be directly proportional to the time, effort, and expense expended in that pursuit.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #302
FosterHerpetological
"Selling is a competitive exercise, and quite often the returns will be directly proportional to the time, effort, and expense expended in that pursuit."
True that.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #303
Southern Wolf
Quote:
But there are also people that don't want to necessarily be "bigger breeders". They do it for the love of the hobby more then to make a real business out of it.
Then why complain about folks doing what it takes to make the pro breeder arena if that is what THEY want. Just because the hobbiest have no desire to go pro doesn't mean they should b**ch and moan because someone else has the desire and drive to try and make it.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #304
Southern Wolf
Quote:
"Selling is a competitive exercise, and quite often the returns will be directly proportional to the time, effort, and expense expended in that pursuit."
True that.
Then why are you complaining about folks keeping their ads in front of people. They are putting in the time and effort to make sure they are seen.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #305
FosterHerpetological
and this is why I do not post on these things.......everyone just gets attacked for stating their opinions....whatever just keep posting 100 corn snake ads a day
Bye

Old 11-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #306
JudyC
Quote:
and this is why I do not post on these things.......everyone just gets attacked for stating their opinions....whatever just keep posting 100 corn snake ads a day
Bye
Why are counter-opinions or disagreements considered attacks? Is it "flaming" to point out to someone the flaw in their logic? No. No one has been rude or mean or smeared your character because of your opinion. They've simply disagreed and/or pointed out elements of your argument that don't make sense.

Good luck finding a world where you can express an opinion without being "attacked" for it. It would probably be a very lonely place.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #307
rcpreis3
I wouldnt say Kevin attacked him, but from my POV he came off a lil rude. Stephen wasnt bi***in and moaning, just stating an observation of people finding a loop hole and reposting. He didnt know that this was being encouraged by the staff here as long as the old ad is deleted. He was informed and was acknowledging his understanding. Dont get me wrong I respect Kevin and we post on alot of the same ads, but I did think he may have been a lil harsh in this case, especially since Stephen has been on here a whole 2 months.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #308
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Bye
I have NEVER posted 100 corn snake ads a day... and I dont plan on starting now.

How is it because I have a different opinion from a sellers point of view Im attacking

Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #309
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I wouldnt say Kevin attacked him, but from my POV he came off a lil rude. Stephen wasnt bi***in and moaning, just stating an observation of people finding a loop hole and reposting. He didnt know that this was being encouraged by the staff here as long as the old ad is deleted. He was informed and was acknowledging his understanding. Dont get me wrong I respect Kevin and we post on alot of the same ads, but I did think he may have been a lil harsh in this case, especially since Stephen has been on here a whole 2 months.
Maybe I was a lil harsh... but look at it from another perspective. It's the folks that have been complaining to Rich and staff about the same ads showing up over and over that got all this started. And here he is complaining about the same ads being on the front page over and over.. then he states.... if someone wanted them they would have already been bought.

Take it for what its worth.... IMO its this kind of mindset that caused all these changes to begin with. From my perspective.... the ones doing the complaining are the same ones that are not willing to spend time working their ads... and because they are not willing to put in the time or effort they want to kneecap those of us that do.

Now... I have to go reformat my ads so I can get them reposted. The old ones had links to site pages that no longer exist. Gotta love site updates.... but its all part of advertising I guess.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #310
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I wouldnt say Kevin attacked him, but from my POV he came off a lil rude. Stephen wasnt bi***in and moaning, just stating an observation of people finding a loop hole and reposting.

Here is the part that caught my attention... so please tell me how I should take it.

Quote:
the problem is not with bumping now, everytime I get on here(which is a few times a day), there are multiple people(not going to name names), that just post their ads over and over again to keep them on the front page and to get views. any way to fix this problem now? They just repost them over and over...
Quote:
That is true, I see the point now, it just irks me sometimes seeing the same posts always up there lol.
Quote:
Yea I do see your point really, but when I see the same ads, I aslo cant help but thinking, "If someone really wanted them, they wouldve been bought by now."
Maybe Im wrong... and if I am... I am man enough to apologize to sfconstrictors.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!