Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:43 AM   #301
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im faster View Post
You would think someone with an apparently successful business woyldnt be this stupid and rude.
Stupid definitely not. Rude? With the kind of vitriol that I am getting you would think this is the Debt Ceiling debate between the Democrats and Republicans.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #302
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
Well, I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. I am off to the beach tomorrow. I'll try very hard to disappoint everyone by not drowning or getting eaten by a shark. Face it, you know some of you are wishing it would come true. Just so as to not get anyones false hopes up, I'll check in again for a post or two on Saturday or Sunday. If none of you hear from me by Monday they it's safe to assume that I have drowned or have been eaten by a shark. In the meantime I expect you all to keep finding other peoples copy-written images so we can remove them as fast as you find them.
I plead the fifth!

Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #303
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
You took a picture from national geographic?!!!! Wow, you really are itching to ruin yourself. Do you realize just how much money you can be sued for? Each owner of every photo you used can sue you. Personally I don't know how you can sleep at night.
On my belly and very soundly. Although I am told that this producing some snoring at times.

You know, there are also evil people who jay walk and right their bicycles against the traffic flow. Lord, how do they sleep at night?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #304
Ed Clark
Robert you are not a very intelligent person, somewhat well spoken but not intelligent. your first response here could have started with ... I am very sorry for stealing pics and using them on my site it will not happen again. instead you choose to argue and lie.

Are you remorseful for your lapse in good judgement?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 AM   #305
Magical Geckos
He is just a scumbag

Old 07-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #306
Magical Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
I plead the fifth!

I don't... Thin the herd

Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #307
Show Me
Quote:
On my belly and very soundly. Although I am told that this producing some snoring at times.

You know, there are also evil people who jay walk and right their bicycles against the traffic flow. Lord, how do they sleep at night?

That comparison is sooooo not close. That's like saying a murder is the same as someone not wearing a seat belt (which is illegal here).

Old 07-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #308
chazzz
Quote:
Christina, I guess you can believe what you want to believe but it still does not change the fact that copy-write infringement is not defined as stealing.

With the exception of real, profesional photographers, who actually know their craft, I would not qualify the vast hordes of amateur reptile enthusiasts who snap a few poorly composed photos and throw them in a blog or forum as "hard work". However, I do know that many breeders put a lot of hard work into their photographs, and I am not talking about a few of these more creative hobbyists.
Unbelievable, you have the audacity to put down the very photographs you have used without permission to sell your products. Then you say how it's not hard work to compose photos and throw them up on a blog or forum. Well you're right not every reptile enthusiast is a professional photographer and some might not put as much work into their photos as others. But what you fail to see is not only are the photos their property but the animals depicted in those photos as well. Which means they paid for those animals cared for those animals, oh and yeah spent money on their camera to put together poorly composed photos for you to illegally obtain to sell a misrepresented product to an unknowingly and naive customer.

If it's as you say not so hard to take a photograph then why have you never taken any of your own? I have done professional photograph work and while I might not have to put a whole lot of effort to snap a great photo of my animals to share, doesn't mean those photos are any less value to me than any others that I've taken. More importantly the subject of the photos, in this case animals, animals that I've worked really hard at acquiring the perfect ones and all the hard work making sure those animals are well maintained and cared for. If they weren't then they wouldn't make for such a nice photograph now would they.

You keep mentioning all the hard work you are doing to correct all the stolen images, yes I said stolen. Because you knew what you were doing when you took those images without permission to sell your product for a profit.
But you have the stones to say that it's not hard to take a photo put down other peoples photos that you have unlawfully used. If it's so easy to take a photo it really speaks volumes about yourself that can't take one photo.

I know all that I've written is falling on deaf ears but your arrogance about this whole situation is unnerving to say the least!

Lastly I do think it's great that you are making some effort at correcting the mess you have created. But don't think for one second that I am commending you for your actions now that you have been publicly called out. It's the same as someone doing community service that has been ordered by the court not because they voluntarily want to give back to the community.

Again I know you could care less what I have to say but your responses have compelled me to reply.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #309
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Robert you are not a very intelligent person, somewhat well spoken but not intelligent. your first response here could have started with ... I am very sorry for stealing pics and using them on my site it will not happen again. instead you choose to argue and lie.

Are you remorseful for your lapse in good judgement?
Ed, so I guess your criterion for an intelligent person is to hear someone repeat exactly what you want to hear? Am I sorry for using pictures without the owners consent? Of course I am which is why I am cleaning up the website piece by piece. I realize that until people see a copy-write notification under every image on my website, I'll be generating the ire of members of this forum which I have no control over. Once my websites images have been checked and/or replaced with new images, I'll be sure to notify everyone so they can all take a collective dump on me and my business all over again.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 AM   #310
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
Unbelievable, you have the audacity to put down the very photographs you have used without permission to sell your products. Then you say how it's not hard work to compose photos and throw them up on a blog or forum. Well you're right not every reptile enthusiast is a professional photographer and some might not put as much work into their photos as others. But what you fail to see is not only are the photos their property but the animals depicted in those photos as well. Which means they paid for those animals cared for those animals, oh and yeah spent money on their camera to put together poorly composed photos for you to illegally obtain to sell a misrepresented product to an unknowingly and naive customer.

If it's as you say not so hard to take a photograph then why have you never taken any of your own? I have done professional photograph work and while I might not have to put a whole lot of effort to snap a great photo of my animals to share, doesn't mean those photos are any less value to me than any others that I've taken. More importantly the subject of the photos, in this case animals, animals that I've worked really hard at acquiring the perfect ones and all the hard work making sure those animals are well maintained and cared for. If they weren't then they wouldn't make for such a nice photograph now would they.

You keep mentioning all the hard work you are doing to correct all the stolen images, yes I said stolen. Because you knew what you were doing when you took those images without permission to sell your product for a profit.
But you have the stones to say that it's not hard to take a photo put down other peoples photos that you have unlawfully used. If it's so easy to take a photo it really speaks volumes about yourself that can't take one photo.

I know all that I've written is falling on deaf ears but your arrogance about this whole situation is unnerving to say the least!

Lastly I do think it's great that you are making some effort at correcting the mess you have created. But don't think for one second that I am commending you for your actions now that you have been publicly called out. It's the same as someone doing community service that has been ordered by the court not because they voluntarily want to give back to the community.

Again I know you could care less what I have to say but your responses have compelled me to reply.
Charles, thank you for noticing that I am making the changes on my website, it's nice to be appreciated. Now, regarding the rest of what you stated, I think your entirely mistaken. I was merely remarking on the creative merit of amateur hobbyists verses talented and trained photographers, that's all. As to why I don't take my own photographs, it's really not my cup of tea. I deal mainly with sales and marketing, business logistics and customer service. The world we live in is highly specialized and since I don't even have the animals at the same locations as my core business operations, I am always in need of quality images. My global supply network rarely, if ever provide me with any images to us so I am left to my own devices to find suitable imagery. Well, that's all I really have to say about this matter. Thank you for your input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!