Bite Club - Page 32 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #311
Slipmattic
That was one nasty bite!! and by a beardie, dangg.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #312
TattooLost
HA! And people in chat make fun of me for using a pair of welding gloves to pick up my wife's beardie. He's completely unsocialized, as she lost interest after a few weeks. I would be gone for months at a time for work, so he pretty much sat in his cage for most of his life. He's really aggressive so when i DO have to move him, i use the gloves.

I will say this though. Since the hibiscus have been blooming and I started offering them to him, he seems to like me more... granted only when I have a flower or leaf in my hand. hahaha

Here's a vid to show you!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #313
Tiger Lilly
That is part of the problem with the one I have; I've only had her about 3 months & apparently the kid I got her from didn't spend much time with her. She is probably 20 months old now. I know I don't spend as much time with her as she needs, so I'm thinking about getting rid of her to someone that does have the time. I should've known better than to try and hand feed her while I was tired!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #314
ShellPlox
Irrational fear...I think not!

"Body of a beardie, mind of a komodo."

Old 03-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #315
Tiger Lilly
Richard, I was not awake when I read your response earlier, so I didn't realize it was a video you posted...I have to say, mine is nowhere near that bad! I can pick her up without gloves and she'll be still for a little bit, but I sure can't put her down & expect her to sit still; I'd be chasing her all over the house.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #316
TattooLost
Well, Robbie the bastard got me today... I mixed up a salad for him and the iggy, and was putting it in there. Now normally, lately, he'll eat hibiscus flowers right out of my hand. I guess something got him riled up, because I offered him a flower petal, and he was puffed up. I should have taken his advice and left him alone, but figured once he saw the flower he'd calm right down.

Well, he didn't. lol He jumped up and aimed for my thumb instead of the petal, latching on. I almost wish I'd gotten video of me yanking my thumb out of the tank with him still attached... lol

Anyway, here's the fun fun... *whimper*

Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #317
ForkedTung
Wow, Did he crack your fingernail?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #318
TattooLost
yeah, just about pulled that section off... waiting for the pain to subside a bit and i'll hafta clip it the rest of the way off.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #319
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
yeah, just about pulled that section off... waiting for the pain to subside a bit and i'll hafta clip it the rest of the way off.
You've got to be friggin kiddin me...they have that much bite force? wow!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #320
TattooLost
Oh yeah. He bit me one time, while I was wearing the welding gloves. Left a bruise on my finger where he'd caught me. So yeah, crushing bug exoskeletons I guess worked out his jaws pretty good. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!