Bite Club - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 AM   #331
lamprophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleida View Post
Finally! Someone I can sympathize with!

I have to agree on the Cocker Spaniel part. But I also have to add Shih Tsu and Chihuahua. Those little suckers may not be very big, but man are they ever persistent... sort of like that baby corn...
Yes, all the small breeds! They were the worst for biters.

And I have to add the Spectacled Caiman to my list. The only bite that made it through my shoe.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #332
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamprophis View Post
COCKER SPANIELS. Shelter work had its ups and downs.
AMEN, Brotha! I hear you!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #333
Will0W783
Hey guys, some great funny stories on here! I have been keeping snakes for a little over two years now, although I researched them and wanted them for much longer. I have gotten tagged a few good times, although usually no by what one would expect would get me. My 4-year-old male ball Saleen is a sweet fellow, very calm and docile, but he goes loopy when it's feeding time. The first time he got me was when I had been playing with my guinea pig and the maintenance guy for my apartment building comes in and I asked if he wanted to see my "friendly, really nice, never bites" snake. FOrgetting I'd been handling rodent, I stuck my hand in Saleen's cage and he latched onto my middle, ring, and idex fingers and held on for dear life. I yelped, and shook my hand and got him off but the maintenance guy hightailed it out of there and would never go in the room with the snake again..lol. Another time I was cleaning his cage and my fiance brought mice in to get ready to feed, and Saleen went berserk and latched onto the back of my hand. I've also been tagged by one of my baby coastal carpets who will strike at you through the cage glass and by my yearling jungle/jag who I accidentally woke up. My male white-lip, emerald tree boa, and green tree python are all as docile as could be, but the female white-lip tagged me good on my middle finger when I was trying to get her out. I will now use a snake hook for her. Once she is out, she's cool, but forget going in there with your hands to get her! My sand boa, Oscar, is a bugger and will lie very still until you get more than halfway up his body and WHAM! He bites hard for a little guy. Just doesn't like you anywhere near his head.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #334
Helenthereef
"friendly, really nice, never bites"

That's just ASKING for it!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #335
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
"friendly, really nice, never bites"

That's just ASKING for it!
Yep lol, Was the "maintenance" man's name MURPHY by any chance?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #336
Will0W783
Yeah, I know...it was stupid of me. Ah well, sometimes we all do dumb things- I sure learned from that one!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #337
candykidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamprophis View Post
Yes, all the small breeds! They were the worst for biters.

And I have to add the Spectacled Caiman to my list. The only bite that made it through my shoe.
I second that. Its mainly the little ones. I've only had one snake but in the yearly years it was pretty bad in the sense that I would get freaked out. But over time he got a bit more docile and I also learned to swerve better

Old 05-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #338
dtnjd
I was bitten one by my Ball Python. It was the only time I was bitten and it was my own fault. I was inexperienced at the time and just plain ignorant. I thought it was a good idea to reach my hand in his cage and try to pick him up after a nice chicken meal. Sadly he has passed away now. I got him when he was about 4 feet long, sick and malnourished. I kept him for about 15 more years. As close as I can guess he lived to about 20 years old. I am trying my hand at a B&W Tegu now and it should be here tomorrow! Hope I don't get bit by him, I am guessing it will hurt a tad more lol.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #339
Twizted Paths
Not From The DYI Tutorial,New Pain For Your Pleasure!

My face is apparently quite tasty, when I was three a mastiff tore my face up over some graham crackers (our airedale saved my life) Had to have plastic surgeon sew my upper lip back on and close the gash on my brow ridge (can't even tell now) ,at around 9 the BP me and my cousin shared wrapped my neck and got me from under my jaw bone up to me check and proceded to grind,at 20 a yellow naped amazon flew over landed on my shoulder whispered I love you in my ear and lacked on the my cheek so bad that I have scar tissue on the inside of my mouth. All on the left side.

My striped male boa left a tooth or two in my left middle knuckle last week, the dh boa I bought last month tagged me twice (on my left hand) while I was deciding between her and her sister. Today I got an 07 jungle who I was warned repeatedly was quite feisty. I carried her all around the show,half an hour in a pick up truck (w/two gerbils),through the house, into her new tub, back out of tub so I could let my brother get a better look at her - nothing,sweet as sin a little tense, but a total angel the whole time. I take out my het coral lady, and stupidly say Here you can hold her,she's a doll. BAM ! Immediate bruising & dripping blood, she fortunately didn't loose any teeth. I feel so guilty when they do.
And yeah it was my left upper arm.
I can't get photobucket to upload, but it's a crappy picture anyway, you guys have posted way more impressive.

Now who do I see for a membership card?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #340
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
My face is apparently quite tasty, when I was three a mastiff tore my face up over some graham crackers (our airedale saved my life) Had to have plastic surgeon sew my upper lip back on and close the gash on my brow ridge (can't even tell now) ,at around 9 the BP me and my cousin shared wrapped my neck and got me from under my jaw bone up to me check and proceded to grind,at 20 a yellow naped amazon flew over landed on my shoulder whispered I love you in my ear and lacked on the my cheek so bad that I have scar tissue on the inside of my mouth. All on the left side.

My striped male boa left a tooth or two in my left middle knuckle last week, the dh boa I bought last month tagged me twice (on my left hand) while I was deciding between her and her sister. Today I got an 07 jungle who I was warned repeatedly was quite feisty. I carried her all around the show,half an hour in a pick up truck (w/two gerbils),through the house, into her new tub, back out of tub so I could let my brother get a better look at her - nothing,sweet as sin a little tense, but a total angel the whole time. I take out my het coral lady, and stupidly say Here you can hold her,she's a doll. BAM ! Immediate bruising & dripping blood, she fortunately didn't loose any teeth. I feel so guilty when they do.
And yeah it was my left upper arm.
I can't get photobucket to upload, but it's a crappy picture anyway, you guys have posted way more impressive.

Now who do I see for a membership card?
Wow, You must be made of sugar and spice....I was at the show today ( got a Sulcata for my boy, my first tort.). Who did you get the Jungle from?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!