Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 36 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #351
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
I have the tegus, but I will not ship unless the balance is paid.
You speak with a forked tongue, with deception and bad intentions Bobby Hill. you are a liar, many have paid you in full but you have not sent what you said you would.

Karma has a way of coming back to people like you in a bad way.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #352
MiIguanaLvr
Is there any news on this sad situation?

I was just going through my user cp and found something Bobby sent me back in 2009 regarding a different BOI bad guy thread where he was coming down hard on the bad guy.

"No free pass for lies on the BOI, Re-Read before posting"

Just kind of cracks me up a bit, considering the current situation.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #353
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post

I was just going through my user cp and found something Bobby sent me back in 2009 regarding a different BOI bad guy thread where he was coming down hard on the bad guy.

"No free pass for lies on the BOI, Re-Read before posting"

Just kind of cracks me up a bit, considering the current situation.
What a hypocrite!

Bobby Hill has turned out to be one of the biggest scammers the BOI has ever seen, I would rank him along side of Chris Johnson of top shelf exotics as the top 2 scammers ever.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #354
irishgrl
Hi, I posted on here back in October regarding the black & white tegu that we paid for in full via paypal to Mr Hill. We purchased for my high functioning autistic son, and he spent 4 months working on Spyro's habitat. I too fell for the weather as NJ did have very high temps and it seemed feesable to me and he was very nice about it. My emails always went unanswered though. I then spoke to him in late Sept where he stated he had 700 reptiles he needed to get outand was a little less friendly but I had asked if I could follow up in a week to check the statusandhe said yes. After this I never had contact again. I did see that his website said he was accepting 2013 deposits which was what led me to join this site in Oct. I was unable to follow up until recently since Hurricane Sandy devestated our area. I went to follow up today as my son is sill talking about Spyro (the tegu"s name) and his number is no longer a working number. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, opened a complaint with Paypal although I have been told thay most likely will not be able to help me due to the time that has passed. I can't devestate my son anymore. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder that has the "dog tame" tegus. He has worked so hard and he doesn't understand this. Everyday he is in his room prepping his habitat and asking is he coming today Mom? I can't handle it anymore. I need to get him his pet, He earned it and deserves it. I can't imagine what causes someone to throw away their reputation and to deceive so many people, but I am here to share this so that no one else has to go through it. i feel like a fool. I went online and read reviews and watched video aftter video of satisfied customers. My son fell in love and I set him up to be heartbroken while I thought I was being smart and thorough. I spoke to him a few times and fell for it and never once thought I was being deceived. This is really a case of buyer beware!! Please Please Please if anyone can tell me of a very reputable breeder where I will not have this issue again, I will be so grateful. Best Wishes and so sorry for everyone who was deceived as well.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #355
Ameivaboy
Try here aand here

http://captivebredcreations.com/

http://www.teguterra.com/

If you're able to find a tegu - I will pay for the shipping - just pm or email me Ameivaboy@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
Hi, I posted on here back in October regarding the black & white tegu that we paid for in full via paypal to Mr Hill. We purchased for my high functioning autistic son, and he spent 4 months working on Spyro's habitat. I too fell for the weather as NJ did have very high temps and it seemed feesable to me and he was very nice about it. My emails always went unanswered though. I then spoke to him in late Sept where he stated he had 700 reptiles he needed to get outand was a little less friendly but I had asked if I could follow up in a week to check the statusandhe said yes. After this I never had contact again. I did see that his website said he was accepting 2013 deposits which was what led me to join this site in Oct. I was unable to follow up until recently since Hurricane Sandy devestated our area. I went to follow up today as my son is sill talking about Spyro (the tegu"s name) and his number is no longer a working number. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, opened a complaint with Paypal although I have been told thay most likely will not be able to help me due to the time that has passed. I can't devestate my son anymore. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder that has the "dog tame" tegus. He has worked so hard and he doesn't understand this. Everyday he is in his room prepping his habitat and asking is he coming today Mom? I can't handle it anymore. I need to get him his pet, He earned it and deserves it. I can't imagine what causes someone to throw away their reputation and to deceive so many people, but I am here to share this so that no one else has to go through it. i feel like a fool. I went online and read reviews and watched video aftter video of satisfied customers. My son fell in love and I set him up to be heartbroken while I thought I was being smart and thorough. I spoke to him a few times and fell for it and never once thought I was being deceived. This is really a case of buyer beware!! Please Please Please if anyone can tell me of a very reputable breeder where I will not have this issue again, I will be so grateful. Best Wishes and so sorry for everyone who was deceived as well.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #356
irishgrl
Ameivaboy

Thank you so much for your generous offer. Tegu terra may be an option, the other one did not have a female to mate yet. Do you know if they are tame like the tegus from Varnyard were supposed to be? I may surprise my son for Christmas and get him his Spyro if this place is reputable. I just can't have a repeat. Lol

Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #357
AbsoluteApril
please take that discussion to PMs as it's getting off topic, this thread needs to stay focused on Bobby Hill, thank you

Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #358
EA7770
Bobby Hill never had some magical "tame" tegus. It's all part of his marketing scheme. There's no special "tame" bloodlines. Buy yourself any healthy cbb tegu and house and handle it properly and it's likely to become tame.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #359
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA7770 View Post
Bobby Hill never had some magical "tame" tegus. It's all part of his marketing scheme. There's no special "tame" bloodlines. Buy yourself any healthy cbb tegu and house and handle it properly and it's likely to become tame.
Your right about that, I wanted to say the same thing.

Tegus can become aggressive as hell if you don't handle them frequently and just throw food at them you are guaranteed a little monster that you will fear. I would never recommend a Tegu as a childs pet.

Yes indeed Bobby Hill was sure a salesman.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #360
irishgrl
Thank you, my son is 18 and we have had other reptiles just never a tegu. I appreciate the feedback and yes he did sell the fact that they were bred to be tame. However, we will be handling everyday and have a seperate tank for feeding that Mr Hill did recommend. I have a case number from the BBB now and they are trying to contact him. I am not sure how that will work out as the ohone number is no longer working. Is this criminal at all? If we contacted the pokice there could they do anything? Seems to be kike this would be theft by deception or fraud.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard