Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 36 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #351
Chameleon Company
Having been a participant in the first thread, and having looked back at it a couple of times to to refresh my aging memory, why am I not surprised that Adam came here on the same day as his email to Matt, spitting flame and referring to Matt as a liar (note spelling A.) among other things, being quite evasive and certainly not thorough in explaining the complete nature of his attempts to contact Matt, or better put lack-thereof ? Now, I don't claim to know the absolute truth here, but I do know that in both threads that nothing that Matt has said was ever contradicted, he was thorough in his evidence, and actually showed reasonable restraint. And as for Adam ........ well ? Give someone enough rope ....... and obviously some don't need very much .... ! Where'd I put those shovel handle extensions I wanted to sell before Christmas, just when you think you found a possible buyer ? Let me see .....

Old 12-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #352
A_Kendergirl
Obviously a few people haven't worked with credit card companies before!! I'm sure if you asked the credit card company, they would tell you they refunded because that's how it's suppose to happen! In fact, they get quite POed when a cash refund is given when the purchase was made on a CC. That's because they charge a high APR on cash withdrawls, and when you make a credit payment and get a cash refund, they consider the cash refund a cash withdrawl but they can't charge you the higher APR. Some of you need to work retail for a little bit.

Matt, I hope you have a good vacation, and I have faith that you'll set things straight.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #353
A_Kendergirl
BTW Adam, how are you liking the bed you made? I'm betting it's not very comfy. All of this could have been avoided if you had never forced Matt to go to the CC company in the first place.

You think you know and provide customer service, what a laugh!!

Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #354
Junkyard
Adam, I have another question for you.

Did you contact Matt before you started this thread? Or did you start this thread and then contact Matt?

Old 12-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #355
screamdreams
Hey, I got an idea...how 'bout the peanut gallery start putting all their effort into posting over in the "legislative alerts" forum??? I still don't understand why everyone and there mother jumps in on these things. It bothers me that some of these threads have 10+ pages of gibberish from people that had no role whatsoever in the transaction being discussed, buyer or seller, while the REAL BAD GUY threads (US Gov't/Local Law Officials proposing new laws) go completely unnoticed over in the Legistrative Alerts Forum. I think most of them might have 3 or 4 replies...trust me...if keeps going the way it's going right now, we won't be able to take sides anymore. My thoughts on this whole transaction is BOTH parties have and will resolve it...period. There is no need for the peanut gallery jumping in..."yea, you take that", "you shall suffer"...blah-blah-blah...trust me, if Carolina Reptile Exchange, Big Sal, Pruett and the boys have ALL managed to stay in business after all their BS, neither of these two should suffer any substantial loss of sales by any means.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #356
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I still don't understand why everyone and there mother jumps in on these things. It bothers me that some of these threads have 10+ pages of gibberish from people that had no role whatsoever in the transaction being discussed, buyer or seller, while the REAL BAD GUY threads (US Gov't/Local Law Officials proposing new laws) go completely unnoticed over in the Legistrative Alerts Forum.
Troy,

The explanation is very simple, and it’s in the very first paragraph of the original thread:

Quote:
Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money

Here is a brief overview of my dealings with Adam at Millennium Morphs, followed by emails to prove my case. I understand that Adam has a good reputation in the business, so I will do my best to prove my case. I am not calling him a bad guy, but I am hoping you all can help me get my money back.
Matt asked for help because he was not getting his money back. Here are Adam’s words in this very same thread:

Quote:
Matt Crabe came to the BOI accusing us of doing wrong just to get a refund he did not deserve. He probably needed the money back for something and figured if he tried to hurt our reputation on the BOI, we would give him a refund so we would not have people look at our company in a bad way. AND HE WAS RIGHT. That is exactly what we did. Just to make everyone on the BOI happy, we refunded his money against our wished and sure enough we got screwed.....
It is clear that both Matt and Adam think that the “outsiders” that participated of this thread had an influence in resolving this issue.

Regards

Old 12-24-2005, 03:17 AM   #357
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamdreams
Hey, I got an idea...how 'bout the peanut gallery start putting all their effort into posting over in the "legislative alerts" forum??? I still don't understand why everyone and there mother jumps in on these things. It bothers me that some of these threads have 10+ pages of gibberish from people that had no role whatsoever in the transaction being discussed, buyer or seller, while the REAL BAD GUY threads (US Gov't/Local Law Officials proposing new laws) go completely unnoticed over in the Legistrative Alerts Forum. I think most of them might have 3 or 4 replies...trust me...if keeps going the way it's going right now, we won't be able to take sides anymore. My thoughts on this whole transaction is BOTH parties have and will resolve it...period. There is no need for the peanut gallery jumping in..."yea, you take that", "you shall suffer"...blah-blah-blah...trust me, if Carolina Reptile Exchange, Big Sal, Pruett and the boys have ALL managed to stay in business after all their BS, neither of these two should suffer any substantial loss of sales by any means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumMorph
Just to make everyone on the BOI happy, we refunded his money against our wished and sure enough we got screwed.....
It didn't make a difference?

I can give you dozens of threads that the "Peanut Gallery" here has helped resolve issues and recover funds and/or animals in the last six months. Obviously other issues have got you pretty upset. If you have no desire to participate or help anyone on this thread maybe you should withhold your disparaging remarks. YOUR comments have nothing to do with this thread and do nothing but insult other members here. The BOI is doing its job, what it is design to do in this thread. It is quite obvious Matt would not have received his money if it were not for the efforts of the so-called “peanut gallery”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamdreams
trust me, if Carolina Reptile Exchange,[/b] Big Sal, Pruett and the boys have ALL managed to stay in business after all their BS, neither of these two should suffer any substantial loss of sales by any means.
And what does that have to do with this thread. They may have managed to stay in business but this board has definitely hit their pocket book, regardless of what they say. How do I know? By the countless emails and posts of people stating thank you BOI for saving my butt, I almost bought from so and so until I read that thread.

I find your post on this thread atrocious and off-topic. If you want to insult the rest of the members of this site buy a Hell Membership and keep it there.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:45 AM   #358
Chameleon Company
Troy,
Ever hear of "How to Male Friends and Influence People"? That you have concerns about legal issues that affect the hobby, and came here hoping to focus some attention there, maybe insulting your audience is not an ingredient for success, eh? I would like to add that one of the hobby's biggest problems are the few bad apples that bring bad press to us all. Whether it be their poor business ethics, thievery, flaunting of existing laws, endangering of the well-being of others by keeping dangerous animals where not allowed or in a careless manner, or just plain stupidity, etc., many of the issues which are brought here to the BOI involve more than one of the above. While self-awareness by the hobby to the legislative concerns you refer to in your post is vital, so is self-policing of the hobby. From a PR standpoint, don't you think you blew it ? Maybe wish you had a do-over ? Do us all a favor and don't volunteer to be the spokesperson for any legislative concerns group involving the industry until maybe you've worked out a wrinkle or two. Cheers !

Old 12-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #359
screamdreams
All points very well taken. All of you who have replied know the term "peanut gallery" was not directed yowards you, none of you are in "attack mode". Of course I see why we "participate" in these threads - it's the ongoing, never let die, throwing stones that has me a wee bit torn.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #360
Chameleon Company
Wink Hey Troy,

The base concern of your post, which I read as being that too many folks are not paying attention to the infringment on our hobby by mis-guided lawmakers and other special-interest groups, is one that I and many others here would agree with. Many of us also agree that there's plenty of hot air here in the BOI, stone throwing, etc. As to the latter, I don't see any way to eliminate it, as it inherently comes with the turf in a forum like this, and we do not want to see the BOI become so restrictive that it loses its teeth, as some other forums have. This is where the sparks fly, and where many come not only for information, but for entertainment. I lean towards wishing that the powers-that-be would allow more thread topics here, such as the legal issues. I understand there are pros and cons to it, and choose to lean toward the pros. If a thread has little merit or comment, it will slide into oblivion, while those that attract attention will stay near the top for their due. There are many counter-reasons, and I respect them all as well, not the least of which is the need for topic-bunching and reducing clutter. It almost becomes a political decision for the Mod's to allow a certain subject or thread to get the limelight here. Best of the holidays to you, now let me find my bag of stones !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!