BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 37 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #361
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I think your missing the point of my post also. I'll break it down. I have two young children. When they do something wrong, they get a time out in the corner. Five minutes in the corner is like hell to the both of them. So they learned a new trick, they lie and point the finger at the other. It is only until I tell them that they will not be put in the corner do they decide to come clean and tell me the truth. Then I must hold true to my word and give them a pass and hope they see the error of their ways. Teaching and patience and understanding is real pain in the ass, but its necessary to help correct bad behavior and bad situations from reoccurring.

I think Brandon might feel like his ass is grass if he accepts responsibility and holds himself accountable for the injured gecko. This situation can have a negative impact on his gecko breeding business. I'm hoping if we ease up a bit on him and assure him that he isn't in for any type of ordeal if he accepts responsibility that he will learn from this experience and perhaps learn from it and become a better keeper.

In essence I am handling Brandon with kid gloves. For now.
Have you ever tried putting both of them on a time out in the corner until one of them fesses up? There are two possible outcomes.

1) The guilty one realizes a mistake was made and accepts responsibility

2) The innocent one confesses just to end the ordeal thereby setting up future therapy sessions for life

I guess there's a third too. It's the one my kids used.

They're teenagers now and still standing in the corner.

Stubborn brats.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #362
LakesideBoas
Oh, No..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGecko
I'm sorry and I would like to apologize to Stephanie for implying that she packed the geckos and that she had commented that she saw nothing wrong with them
I obviously mis-read that part

Sandy
Sandy! You did nothing wrong here, I was just trying to re-iterate what the packing scenario was. Stephanie did say she didn't notice anything glaringly wrong, but then again, she wasn't looking for there to be anything wrong either.

I wonder how many of us would have noticed if we had been the ones picking them up to ship. I am quite sure she had a lot of other things on her mind like getting all her things together to ship.

Aside from the fact that she posted as she felt it necessary, she's really only minutely involved with this transaction, IMHO.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #363
LadyGecko
Maggie-Thanks.....

Chuck-I understand what you are saying and I did not miss your point but we are not talking about a young child here-we are talking about a person that is 22 years old and that is selling animals for hundreds of $$'s

To me-there is a adult responsibility attached to doing that and refusing to admit even the possibility that this has happened to the gecko while in his care for whatever reason is not a responsible attitude if he expects to have his sales of geckos taken seriously

I would never expect to have to treat someone that is selling me $400 worth of geckos with kid gloves as you would for a young child if a serious problem arose with the animals purchased from them

Perhaps I am just short on patience in my old age

Just my 2 cents yet again..........and I apologize if this does not make any sense-I have one hell of a toothache-the pain meds aren't really working and can't even sleep to get away from the pain
It sucks-LOL

Sandy

Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 AM   #364
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Have you ever tried putting both of them on a time out in the corner until one of them fesses up? There are two possible outcomes.

1) The guilty one realizes a mistake was made and accepts responsibility

2) The innocent one confesses just to end the ordeal thereby setting up future therapy sessions for life

I guess there's a third too. It's the one my kids used.

They're teenagers now and still standing in the corner.

Stubborn brats.
Tried that and the third outcome is where I'm at. I tell them to go to neutral corners and they argue over which one they want. Its always soo swell when I hear one or both humming the theme song to sponge bob square pants or dora the explorer while they stand there.

I've seriously thought about stuccoing the walls to make it more unpleasant.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 AM   #365
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGecko
Chuck-I understand what you are saying and I did not miss your point but we are not talking about a young child here-we are talking about a person that is 22 years old and that is selling animals for hundreds of $$'s
LOL. We aren't talking about a young child here? LOL. I consider a 22yr old by my age comparison to be nothing more than a big child. A big child who has more to lose than a tasty dessert after dinner.

He is not a grown man with a grown mans wisdom. But there are a lot of grown up adults here that are very wise. Lets share some of that wisdom with him and see if he comes to his senses. Lets see if learns something and turns this around.

If he continues with the denial then there is still plenty of time to kick him in the ass and tell him he isn't going to be anything in this hobby and to simply hang it up. I just don't think its wise to start out that way.

Lets give him a chance.

I hope your tooth feels better. Mouth pain is the worst pain.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:32 AM   #366
snake5007
I thought that i might aswell post this here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=104131

Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #367
LadyGecko
Chuck-OK I see your point and I agree with your statement of

"Lets share some of that wisdom with him and see if he comes to his senses. Lets see if learns something and turns this around."

22 is very a very young age according to my age comparison too

I do understand that people of all ages do make mistakes in judgement-Lord knows that I am not exempt -so let's just see where it goes from here

IMO-the gecko now has a fighting chance of living out a good life as someone's pet and that is certainly a good thing

I guess that my outrage was influenced by what happened to me with the gecko that I received and the denial that followed from the seller that nothing wrong was ever noticed and my reaction was-"OH NO-not again!!"

Sandy

PS-
Thanks for your concern-the pain is much better this morning after finally being able to get some decent sleep and the antibiotics are kicking in
Time for some coffee and to start my day

Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #368
Golden Gate Geckos
sorry for the l-o-n-g, rhetorical post...

I am a 53 year old, estrogen deprived, mean old gecko lady. I've worked for nearly 13 years as a gecko breeder, and many years as an AKC dog breeder. But more important than that I have strived to be honest, fair, and objective. It takes a lot of commitment and hard work to not only produce healthy, beautiful animals... but to observe and know each and every one of them inside out. It also patience and objectivity to provide superior customer service. These things take a lot of time and experience to learn.

Both Brittney and Brandon are very young and inexperienced. This doesn't mean they should not be held to the highest standards in the reptile industry, but it does explain a lot about their behavior and judgment in this situation. I have no doubt whatsoever that it has been a valuable, yet painful, experience for both of them. I hope Brittney has learned about patience in resolving issues of this nature, and I hope that Brandon has learned a lesson about accountability.

I had to walk away from this thread because I was no longer being objective, and along with Brandon and Brittney, I allowed myself to become emotionally subjective. I'm really a wuss when it comes to animals that can't care for or speak for themselves. I just hated to see these two geckos suffer while being in the middle of this unfortunate situation.

That being said, BOTH geckos are doing very well, eating, and pooping normally. I stated earlier that they were both well-fed, and seem to have been handled frequently. My 'objective' opinion is that the female is most likely not calcium deprived, but has a calcium deficiency. Some geckos have congenital tendencies to have metabolic calcium absorption problems in spite of proper supplementation protocol.

Perhaps this female gecko is one of those, and it may explain why she arrived with hypo-calcemia (pre-MBD) after being subject to the stress of shipping. If she is prone to calcium mal-absorption and has low bone density, it could, and I stress the word could, make her bones break more readily than most geckos.... and not heal as efficiently. Since this female gecko has been on 6 days of NeoCalglucon, she has absolutely no symptoms of being calcium deficient at this time.

I guess at this point, it might be a good idea to ASSume that out of inexperience, Brandon either did not notice that this gecko had a broken pelvis, or didn't think it was an important enough issue to disclose it. My guess is that he won't let this escape his attention in the future.

My main concern now is, what is to become of this female gecko?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #369
critical bill
How about we all chip in for whatever Brandon wants for the gecko and we buy it for Marcia as an early Christmas gift? I know she adores the gecko and I would like to see the gecko remain with her.

My pledge is $20, sorry but I'm on a X-Mas budget.

Of course Brando might see that he has been cut MUCH slack and simply do whats right for the gecko at this point and allow it to remain in Marcia's care free of charge.

What do you say Brandon?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #370
Mad4You2
Right on Chuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Of course Brando might see that he has been cut MUCH slack and simply do whats right for the gecko at this point and allow it to remain in Marcia's care free of charge.

What do you say Brandon?
Angie Martin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!