Open discussion on the new "west" - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #31
Stardust
Kelli,
Yikes reading that myself it was hard to follow and I wrote it lol. Just tired.
I posted that Lucille had given me negative karma for my post responding to her post in wild wild west thread. I did not go against any rules, I was showing a point, one that I was afraid will happen with the point system. The abuse of it.
I was saying that even though the bad karma was given that I did not or will not retaliate as I think that would be childish, plus the fact that I am not really angry about it, just worried that this same thing will happen with the point system just because... as there was no comment left with the bad karma so I can not give a reason.
It was basically an example of some of my fears of what might happen with the point system, only then it will not just be "karma" but money out of peoples pockets, plus if pettiness does occur then who will know what to believe anymore or of anyone?
On the good note, for that same thread I also got good karma, enough so to go higher then the bad karma

I hope that explains, sorry, I had little sleep and running low on energy and mind,

Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #32
KelliH
OK, that does explain it very well and does not surprise me. I believe as you do that a similar thing will happen with the new system, as in people frivilously issuing points and then others retaliating.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #33
ms_terese
Quote:
OK, that does explain it very well and does not surprise me. I believe as you do that a similar thing will happen with the new system, as in people frivilously issuing points and then others retaliating.
That's what I was referring to. Many of the warnings or violations are open to interpretation. Even people using the same wording within a different context create a different meaning. Then there is the matter of intent....sheesh!

I think the biggest differentiation between what is now and what will be is this:

I am very comfortable in the knowledge that current moderators distribute warnings based on an interpretation of the rules as applied to what is best for FAUNA. I believe that with the new system, there will be some people who will not be able to control themselves when it comes to giving warnings based on WHO said it more than WHAT was said. While I will continue to hope for the best, my intuition tells me that the same people will find the same violations for the same offender. THAT is not what is best for Fauna.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #34
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
That's what I was referring to. Many of the warnings or violations are open to interpretation. Even people using the same wording within a different context create a different meaning. Then there is the matter of intent....sheesh!

I think the biggest differentiation between what is now and what will be is this:

I am very comfortable in the knowledge that current moderators distribute warnings based on an interpretation of the rules as applied to what is best for FAUNA. I believe that with the new system, there will be some people who will not be able to control themselves when it comes to giving warnings based on WHO said it more than WHAT was said. While I will continue to hope for the best, my intuition tells me that the same people will find the same violations for the same offender. THAT is not what is best for Fauna.
Couldn't give you anymore positive Karma.

That is the crux of my opting out.

It's not going to be about WHAT was said, but WHO said it.

Anyone who thinks differently hasn't been here very long.

The hyenas, for whomever asked, are those feeding on the entrails and leavings from the kills that the wolves have brought down.

Personally, I've always thought of myself as more of a hunter than a scavenger.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #35
Dragondad
Wes, the king of the jungle has a pride to feed, and the leftovers get picked at by the scavengers. There are some who will use the scavengers to weaken the prey before the kill. Some are just too afraid to come at you by themselves or come at you at.

Are the packs forming?

Old 01-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #36
Stardust
I don't know of any packs forming Mike nor do I intend to try to form one or be in one.
That has never been me or what I am about and I do not intend to change now.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #37
Dragondad
Dang guys was only kidding on the packs. Lord knows I don't have one and I don't want to be part of one. Yet it wouldn't surprise me to know that some are trying to collect support.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #38
Stardust
I pretty much knew you were joking about it, but don't say you don't have packs, you have packs of rats that keep breeding, I think it is safe to assume they won't be pushing any point buttons though

After some great breathing exercises I have come to the decision that I am not going to let any of this get to me in any way, shape or form. It is what it is and is not likely to side rail off its current path and I can only be who I am
I am just not willing to go with the drama of it. Really it is nothing I asked for or complained about. I haven't ever wanted to be the captain of this ship, I just find value here and amusement as well some good people who have some of the same interests that I do .
I have my doubts and thoughts on it but in the long run it really doesn't matter. For the most part I will be the watcher, and play here in my own little sandbox and venture out every now and then to socialize or give a view or two. Eh, life goes on and fauna does too

Old 01-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #39
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust

Anyway, I would like to hear other views pertaining to this.

Honestly, I guess I really don't care one way or the other. I mean, I don't really see how it could affect me in some monumental way, and it is Rich's site afterall - so if he wants to have fun with it, I say go for it.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #40
kmurphy
Quote:
Honestly, I guess I really don't care one way or the other. I mean, I don't really see how it could affect me in some monumental way, and it is Rich's site after all - so if he wants to have fun with it, I say go for it.
I have a different opinion Paul. I really don't think I would be in danger of getting enough warning points to cause concern, however, if anyone does, you for instance, and you get the boot, that affects me.
There isn't anyone that I would like to see banned and I don't really look forward to the increased bickering that will happen when the warning points begin to be meted out. It's hard enough to keep a BOI thread on topic now.
Personally I don't have any intention of taking part in it and it would be nice is no one did. That's not going to happen though. What bothers me is the some can't seem to wait for the ability to give out points.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!