Inquiry cvexotics - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #31
bloodpython_MA
My question for those of you who are questioning whether or not he knew it was stolen is, how many people have axanthic killer bees? Be honest, how many people have the combos to make axanthic killer bees? And where would this random guy(the actual thief) be getting the $$ to buy one, only to resell it for 1/100 what he paid??
Use your heads. He knew this kid got the snake dishonestly, I feel like this is cut an dry. It's not like he bough a piebald or something several breeders have.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #32
gsrept
Can you tell the difference between the axanthic and black widow from what i was told when they raided his shop they could not figure out which was the snake he bought. I know i few people that were there the day it happened one being a former employee of his.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #33
bloodpython_MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
Can you tell the difference between the axanthic and black widow from what i was told when they raided his shop they could not figure out which was the snake he bought. I know i few people that were there the day it happened one being a former employee of his.

That's a picture that I TOOK the week that this(not necissarily the one in question) NERD axanthic bumble bee HATCHED. Can you tell the difference??

Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #34
gsrept
honestly no, have not seen enough of the axanthic killer bee but a hatchling black widow is white and black and looks very similar pattern is not as reduced. but i do not breed axanthics nor have the desire to. like i said earliier three sides to every story nerds side, cv side and then the truth as far as i am concerned he was found guilty by the jury then he should take his punishment. Niether party is perfect or hasn't had there share of scandels.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
gsrept
Anyways I have had enough of this subject happy herping every one and good luck this breeding season.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #36
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakinjak View Post
I walked into the store as the guy who sold the snake to Scott was leaving. I didn't see the transaction, but I did see them leave the store, and I heard the discussion between Scott and his employees after. From what I heard, Scott would have been deceiving his employees if he knew it was stolen. They were looked like they were pretty suspicious to me.

I don't know EXACTLY what happened between the thief and Scott and if Scott knew the snake was stolen, but from my dealings with him, and what I saw on that day, I'd be surprised if he knew the snake was stolen. And that's really the question as far as him being a good guy or not, isn't it?
Really? Do you really think that Scott, who has been in this industry for some years, thought that the value of that snake, on of only four produced was $500? Really? And wasn't the LEAST bit suspicious? I smell tuna.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #37
pakinjak
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
Really? Do you really think that Scott, who has been in this industry for some years, thought that the value of that snake, on of only four produced was $500? Really? And wasn't the LEAST bit suspicious? I smell tuna.
Couldn't tell ya. I'm very much a noob in the herp world. I'm just talking about what I saw in the shop that day, and what it looked like to me. He has told me that he saw it, knew it was something unusual, but didn't know what it was.

Only Scott knows what really is the truth, but it's not like either possibility is impossible, is it?

Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #38
rabernet
Quote:
Couldn't tell ya. I'm very much a noob in the herp world. I'm just talking about what I saw in the shop that day, and what it looked like to me. He has told me that he saw it, knew it was something unusual, but didn't know what it was.

Only Scott knows what really is the truth, but it's not like either possibility is impossible, is it?
Maybe Kevin knows the truth too? Just saying.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #39
pakinjak
How could Kevin know if Scott intentionally bought a stolen animal or not?

Personally, I think he would have been nuts to buy an animal that there are only a few of, and the others are a few miles away with a guy that you don't really get along with. Doesn't mean he didn't do it, but it sure would have been a stupid thing to steal...

Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #40
rabernet
Quote:
How could Kevin know if Scott intentionally bought a stolen animal or not?

Personally, I think he would have been nuts to buy an animal that there are only a few of, and the others are a few miles away with a guy that you don't really get along with. Doesn't mean he didn't do it, but it sure would have been a stupid thing to steal...
Apparently the facts were compelling enough for the conviction. If you want to read Kevin's side, it's on the KS thread linked above.

I have no doubt that Scott knew exactly what he was doing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cvexotics, scott seavey