Msherps - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:46 AM   #31
liquidleaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
WC Hogg Island Boas was also a clue. According to Gus Renfro, they'd be hard to find if they even exist in the wild at all any longer. And if they did I am quite certain they could not be legally taken.
Right - I think he's trying to capitalize on a rumor (might be truth who knows) that someone managed to import some Hogs recently by calling them simply "BCI" to get around the protected status. Still shady, but I highly doubt MSherps would be able to get any of those animals anyway if they do exist, though I'm sure the "shady" route wouldn't bother them an iota.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 AM   #32
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
Right - I think he's trying to capitalize on a rumor (might be truth who knows) that someone managed to import some Hogs recently by calling them simply "BCI" to get around the protected status. Still shady, but I highly doubt MSherps would be able to get any of those animals anyway if they do exist, though I'm sure the "shady" route wouldn't bother them an iota.
I wasn't aware of the rumor but why would anyone want one when they could get CBB beauties here in the states anyway?

Don't get me wrong. I have bought plenty of imports. Moluccan Pythons, Aru Scrubs, Wamena scrubs, and other animals that have not been well established in captive bred programs. But anyone who would knowingly smuggle endangered organisms strictly for profit...well I think you can guess my opinion. There are of course exceptions to rules, but these guys are only exceptional in their audacity. Well, maybe not even that. LOL.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 PM   #33
nicolai
about the hogs

Well for one thing it is 100% true that 84 imported hogs came into the us through a florida importer under the species BCI. Several Large wholesales (a few fauna members) aquired them and sold them to people looking for new bloodlines for thier collection. Right or wrong on how they got here a lot of people jumped on the chance to get new bloodlines.
I never actually recieved any reptiles from msherps because i wouldnt buy without pics of the animals i was purchasing beforehand, so i dont personally know what kind of animals they sell good or bad.
My complaint was a customer service complaint about not being able to provide pictures for animals for sale. Sure a lot of the big wholesalers that sell in volume dont have the time to take pics of thier animals and you expect that when you buy in volume. But when you are selling reptiles in pairs and singles i think it is good customer service to show a customer what he is thinking about buying, especially when they post ads with pics of other animals they have up for sale (some thier picssome aquired pics).
Just my 2 cents on this.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #34
Chris@TSE
I just got a PM from miamireps regarding this thread, thought I would share....

Top Shelf,

I am sending this to you as I cannot post in the BOI for some reason? I do not live religiously here so I do not know if you have to pay now, or what.
Anyways, Ms Herps is owned by Mitch. He is a young guy who sells animals from kingsnake as you know and just started out.
He recieves Zoological Imports's list , among others probably, and sells animals off the list. When he has time he comes down to Marios and snaps pics of the animals. Sometimes the list goes out with certain animals and they are sold, then Mitch sells them. He refunds the customers money because they are no longer available. He is just starting in the business and doesnt know all the details as to every single animal, but has a fair general knowledge of the reptiles he is selling. Not to say he hasnt made a few mistakes on labeling what he is selling , e.g; female ball pythons, as he just isn't a "professional" as you claim to be or claim he says he is, which he doesn't. We all make mistkaes, atleast his are innocent.
My company, M n R-Reptiles has been around kingsnake since it was for only kingsnakes and I have been posting there since.....when classifieds were FREE. I started by brokering the "big boys" animals to get a start, and Mitch is well on his way.....atleast he isnt brokering animals from JP PETS or the like, which in itself would have burned him quickly, he is selling animals from one of the highest respected importers/dealers in the world and either having them picked up or dropped shipped. He has full authorization, as well as others, to use photos off of ZoologicalImports.com . Because he was misinformed on ball pythons or cannot provide pics at the time, he is labeled a thief??? Zoological Imports gives him open account , which they rarely do to ANYONE anymore....
he sells something, calls in and asks them to Hold it for him, and then picks it up to ship it. On top of that ZoologicalImports does not retail anymore, so they are glad they have someone willing to do the work to make a retail sale as they have no time and dont feel like answering the hundreds of questions over one baby ball python or boa. They will be glad to discuss exotic purchases on reptiles or mammals they carry, or answer questions on what is a 2k lot of boas is going to cost .
There is no wrong doing in brokering.......as long as it is brokering from a reputable source that has few if any rivals in quality. This country is run by brokers. I have seen ALL of the major players, including myself broker certain animals before....as well as alot of the every hour posters on here that have an excellent reputation. I have seen all of them and you, mess up in their ads to but do not get called on it.
I think this thread was someone bored at home who saw a mistake and wanted to make a huge ordeal out of something virtually nil.
Mitch is a good guy and makes sure the animals he picks up and sells are helthy, treated and acclimated.

My retort.......

You think I care if he is brokering? Not at all....... Many of the big boys still broker certain animals. In fact there are many reputable breeders and suppliers we still trust enough to do so on occasion..... Its part of the business..... BUT...

Lying about it is another story all together. His ads one after another stated things like "we just got these in, blah blah blah....." when in all reality not a single specimen was in his posession. They were being drop shipped from zooimp.

And guess what? He was selling most of the imports listed as treated. Got some bad news for you buddy, they werent. Another lie, not to mention a dangerous misrepresentation showing no regard for his potential customers or the collections these animals might be exposed too.

And how about those 600-900 gram breeder female bp's eh? Gotta get me some of those, must be a new dwarf species eh?

Don't get me started........ I commend you on defending the many aspects of brokering, I really do, but that is not the issue here. Nice try however.....

Old 03-31-2005, 12:50 PM   #35
Chris@TSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlepimp
I talked to Mike B at Zoological the other day.MSHerps are merely brokering,and of course,the snake has NOT been treated.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #36
nealdolson
Hello,

I purchased a snake from MS herps, and have tried contacting them through the msherps@aol.com address, as well as the address I sent my paypal to ever since I got the snake last friday. No one will reply to me, and I am thoroughly disappointed with my snake. Here is my beef:

We have 7 of the spectacular female BP's available!

These are CLEANED + TREATED farm raised imports.

-obviously not

They are all in the 650-950 gram range.
These are super healthy animals, absolutely NO parasites.

-not cleaned or treated

They do not have any scarring or physcial injuries whatsoever.

- mine has several scars and missing scales

They have very calm demeanors.

-mine is not calm, she is extremely shy and scared and wont do anything but coil up tightly 24/7. not even holdable

These will make FANTASTIC Breeders without a doubt.
They can be fattened up to breed easily with just a few feeds.
They have not been offered food yet, but should eat with absolutely NO problems.

-I cant get mine to eat, in fact, it was so scared of the rat that it went and hid in the opposite corner and hasnt left there since.

These are some of the nicest we've seen in a while, you will NOT be disappointed!

-EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! This snake is not beautiful as it was made out to be, its a dull bland brown and black, and has obvious physical blemishes

Only $59.99 each!!!

We ship Overnight FedEx.
Provide A Live Arrival Guarante on All Reptile Orders.
We ship Money-Saturday.
Paypal and Money Orders accepted.
No additional, or individual photos available, but ALL are true beauties.

References upon request

Hurry, these girls are selling fast! Get yours while you can!

Thanks for looking!

M.S. HERPS

----------------

Top shelf seems to be able to get responses from MSHERPS through email, even today. Yet, they have been ignoring my emails ever since last friday.

If they are so willing to give refunds to anyone not satisfied, why do they continue to ignore me!

help me out guys, i am by far a BP expert, and i dont have the time or capacity to take care of a wild caught snake.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:07 PM   #37
Wilomn
Bummer Neil.

Have you tried the phone? Keep emailing them and phoning them. Have someone else to it as well as they may be ignoring you in particular.

Be patient with your snake. It is NOT unusual at all for them to be extremely shy for several months when freshly imported. Most of them come out of that in time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Be sure it has a nice dark hide as well, very comforting for the snake and don't feed her live unless you're watching.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM   #38
nealdolson
Yes, it does have a nice dark hide. Funny thing is, it wont go in it. It just prefers to tightly coil up in the corner all day long.

I am not for CERTAIN that this is the phone number, I put the paypal name in whitepages.com, and it was THE only number found, and it is out of Captiva Florida. So I dont know, I tried calling it, but there was no answering machine and no one picked up, so I will try again later tonight.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 PM   #39
Wilomn
Let that sucker ring. And call at all hours. Sounds annoying because it is, but it also gets results.

Good luck again and try moving her hide to the other side of the tank. Sometimes the weirdest things work.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #40
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealdolson
...I got the snake last friday....

-I cant get mine to eat, in fact, it was so scared of the rat that it went and hid in the opposite corner and hasnt left there since.
Neal,

Ball Pythons are finicky eaters under the best of circumstances. Most people don't even recommend trying for a week (at least) after moving them. Some of my best eating Ball Pythons go off feed for a few week safter a being put in a new cage. Virtually all of them go off feed for a few weeks or more from time to time just because, and then start eating again, also just because. That's the nature of the species. Don't offer prey items too often as the snake may get used to the idea that prey is always available. Wait a week or longer between offerings. And use fresh killed or thawed. Much safer.

Buying imported Ball Pythons that have not fed is always risky but most do eventually feed.

None of that excuses this seller for making the "should eat with absolutely NO problems" statement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!