Colorado Reptile Rescue is bad news - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:52 PM   #31
Mark and Aimee
CoRR

Quote:
There are other people that have quit volunteering with them because of their practices.
I do not volunteer with CoRR because they have a no breeding clause. It is not because I think that they are dishonest (they are very honest) nor is it because sometimes communiation lines get crossed. When it is an all volunteer organization and run out of their home and the homes of volunteers, its is bound to happen. But, I do know that they do their best when communication lines get crossed to make it right.

Yes, Russell, I was symathetic to recieving the same e-mail over and over again. And, I told you what I would do.

Quote:
Yes I know Aimee and she knows me.
Quote:
Mark and Aimee, You can talk to me later if you want and tell me what the deal is. You guys know that I would make a great home though. The reason you are sticking up for them is because they are friends of yours and I am sorry if I have upset you with telling them off.
However, as far as knowing you. I have met you 3 times that I can recall. Two were at Ron's shop, one at the herp show. To me, that means I know who you are, and that is all. I can not say you are a good owner or if you have the cage space. I have never seen how you house your animals.

Quote:
Hmmmmm......Hundreds of iguanas.......Thirty five Boa Constrictors? Is there anyone here (besides Mark & Aimee) who has been aproved to adopt something from this rescue?
Quote:
I've adopted several box turtles from CORR, and two of my friends also adopted multiple box turtles from them. All of us were very happy with the healthy animals we received. I've read CORR's posts on a couple of other lists where we're both members and I have nothing but respect for what they do and their knowledge of herps.
This is from Jan Orcutt and is on the first page of this thread. I know Scott and Liz Colleen have also adopted from them. Scott frequents this area. When I was activly volunteering, I helped place MANY animals (mostly green Igs and ball pythons). My first foster snake was placed through an adoption event, I helped follow the paper trail and STILL see her new family regularly. If you look to their web, they list the most recent adoptions and to what part of the nation they were adopted to.

Quote:
NO ONE CONTACTED ANY REFERENCES...... That means they talked to no one about me. They don't know me and they don't know if I am a good reptile owner or not.
Are you sure? I, in the past, have contacted many ref. Did you check with everyone you listed and ask?

Quote:
I think i am going to call CoRR today and alert them of the thread. See what they have to say. I am sure they will shed some light on why they denied you. We will see what you have to say then.
Ref and aplication/adoption processes are strictly confidential. I know that Ae is aware of this thread.

Aimee Berger

Old 10-29-2003, 01:54 PM   #32
Mark and Aimee
Can't believe I missed this...

Quote:
I know your wife more so then you so that is true.
Are you attempting to say you know my wife better than I do? Man... THAT'S a bold statement!

Old 10-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #33
ms_terese
I think he meant he knows your wife better than he knows you, Mark. LOL

Old 10-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #34
morphrancher
I have found my email dealing my application to CoRR. Please note that I was incorrect in my previous post about email contact. I did initiate contact on April 22 and I did receive a response.

Please note that the initial application took place on March 25th, 2003

Quote:
Subject: Receipt for your Payment
Date: March 25, 2003 2:55:31 PM MST
To: sales@avantha.com

This email confirms that you sent $10.00 to corr@peakpeak.com.

------------------------------
Payment Details
------------------------------

Amount: $10.00
Transaction ID: 8VK76473U24440410
Subject: Adoption Application Fee

Quote:
Subject: Re: CORR: Adoption Application from the web
Date: April 22, 2003 10:24:49 PM MDT
To: Alex Tanner

I submitted this application along with the $10 fee through PayPal on the 25th of March and I have not received any sort of reply. Has there been some sort of problem?

Hi Alex - I suppose you never received my previous email? In any case, I have pre-qualified you for a ball python - right now, there aren't any available - we've had a recent run over the last two months, and yes, we need to remove them from the website.

However, they come in regularly enough that we should be able to adopt a healthy one to you sometime in the near future.

I do keep a list of my prequalified applicants, and will contact you when a Ball python becomes available. But please feel free to email me if you'd like to touch base, or have any questions.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jonathan Scupin
Associate Director
Colorado Reptile Rescue
www.coloradoreptilerescue.org
I'm not arguing on anyones side here. I am just pointing out that beyond my initiating contact, they have never gotten back with me. These are facts. Not opinions.

My opinion: Like I noted in my previous post, I have run into similar issues with other rescue organizations. I just think it would be in the animals best interest if more effort was put into actually placing the rescued animals.

Alex Tanner

Old 10-29-2003, 02:38 PM   #35
liegekiller
Mark you are talking in code here. First of all they ask for references when you fill out the application form. Do you think that maybe I talk to these guys? Second they said that would also visit my home to see that I would provide a good home and care. This was not done. Third, they denied me based some kind of reference. If that is true then what reference is this? I don't expect them to tell me who but I do trust my friends and if they were called they would tell me. I talked to Ron at Gator Gardens and he and Tyla said they never talk to them. I talked to my other references and they said no one called them either. If you are going to take quotes try and give the whole truth. I am not coating anything here. Everything that I have said is not only true but I also added as much information as possible on the subject. You ask me a question and I will give you the truth. You being a friend of theirs is a biased opinion and it is showing in the criptic way that you are posting. Rather then take quotes partial quotes how about you give us all the information. I do not want to smear anyone here and the buttom line with this post is ALL BEWARE. If you try to do business with them and get burned I am telling you that you have been warned. Take the risk if you want it is your choice. Colorado Reptile Rescue is in need of help so please do help if you can. Volunteer work is fun and rewarding. So Mark if you would like to give an intelligent paragraph or so please do.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:10 PM   #36
Zoo Supply
References

Well, I gotta say, that if someone asks to have me as their reference I wont turn them down, but if I feel that I cannot provide a good reference I won't. I also will not be telling that person that someone called if I gave them a bad reference to avoid a conflict.

Tom Snyder

Old 10-29-2003, 03:15 PM   #37
liegekiller
I uderstand that but I am telling you that the references I gave would not have given me a bad reference. If anyone came by the house to see my setup they would know that I am a good home. I have very good friends that know me very well. I don't see Colorado Reptile Rescue giving me a true answer or any other information so just take this post as what it is:

********A WARNING TO ALL********
********Buyer Beware************
********(Put in your own phrase)***

This site is suposed to be where you can post bad and good information to help others from making the same mistake. I am doing just that with this post.... Take it at that.... Thanks

Old 10-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #38
sputnik
Wink

Running a reptile rescue like CoRR is nothing short of a full time demanding job.... that you have to perform day in and day out AFTER you get home from you normal job!!

I have helped Shawna clean cages, feed animals, check on their heath at her home on numerous occasions as has Mark and Aimee and others. It's a hell of a job!

Russel, if it didn't work out, then just move on. Life's too short to be munching on sour grapes all day!

Old 10-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #39
liegekiller
Agreed... I am going to email them and apologize for going off like I did. I think that I just blew this out of wack and maybe I should just chaulk it up to a misunderstanding. Sorry all and have a great day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!