My Head is Spinning - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #31
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Awww, sweetie!!

Remember-there's a REASON that you have the anxiety disorder. They just don't come on themselves, from nothing.

Work with whomever you see. They can help you find the root to it.

And it doesn't mean that there's anything WRONG with you...like you're nuts or something. And you aren't a BAD person. Just "imbalanced"...chemically.

Most of the time it's a combination of a traumatic event and a chemical imbalance that makes you feel so "freaked out" about it. Your body puts out too much nor not enough of some chemical when you have a reaction to a triggering event.

I know how it works.

I have a panic/anxiety disorder, too.
Thanks Momma Donna Yeah, I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about finding a psychiatrist and talking with him/her, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #32
SamanthaJane13
As far as therapy goes, you'll most likely see a counselor-a case-worker who will talk to you from session to session.

Most likely a female.

Think of her as a aunt of sorts, who you can just DUMP you pain, fear and anxiety on.

It's not about laying on a couch and telling them that you hate your mother, love your father, have sex with goats, or any of that crap you see on TV.

You talk, and she listens. She may ask questions to help her pin-point the issues.

The only time you'll probably see a psychiatrist is if/when they prescribe meds.

Don't fear the meds, but don't disrespect them, either.

They can help you over the hump...but the can have side-effects.

When you get a handle on why you're the way you are, they can be tapered off...also can be reduced if you have side-effects.

They will help you sleep better and make you feel less anxious during the day and in situations that make you feel uncomfortable.

I'm med-free for over 10 years now, and if I have an anxiety attack or just feel icky, I know how to deal with it.

One BIG part is allowing yourself to FEEL the way you feel, but also to understand WHY you feel that way.

Don't fear the feelings. They're there to protect you!!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #33
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
As far as therapy goes, you'll most likely see a counselor-a case-worker who will talk to you from session to session.

Most likely a female.

Think of her as a aunt of sorts, who you can just DUMP you pain, fear and anxiety on.

It's not about laying on a couch and telling them that you hate your mother, love your father, have sex with goats, or any of that crap you see on TV.

You talk, and she listens. She may ask questions to help her pin-point the issues.

The only time you'll probably see a psychiatrist is if/when they prescribe meds.

Don't fear the meds, but don't disrespect them, either.

They can help you over the hump...but the can have side-effects.

When you get a handle on why you're the way you are, they can be tapered off...also can be reduced if you have side-effects.

They will help you sleep better and make you feel less anxious during the day and in situations that make you feel uncomfortable.

I'm med-free for over 10 years now, and if I have an anxiety attack or just feel icky, I know how to deal with it.

One BIG part is allowing yourself to FEEL the way you feel, but also to understand WHY you feel that way.

Don't fear the feelings. They're there to protect you!!
Thanks Doesn't sound too scary haha! Just brings me back to when I had to go to Guidance Group sessions in school because I had written a suicide letter (yup...I was one depressed kid back then, and still am today every so often, but now know that suicide or causing harm to myself is not the answer). That was never fun, but then again, it was a GROUP, several other kids from my classes there, some I knew pretty well.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #34
SamanthaJane13
Just remember-there's not gonna be anyone there but you and the counselor-and maybe BF if you invite him in.

Nobody is gonna know what you say...or how you feel.

So it's definitely NOT like a group counseling session.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #35
Helenthereef
I'm flying by and haven't read all the posts (obvisouly people have really gone to a lot of trouble to give very good advice)..

I want to add a very simple, brutal truth that I told my father when he informed me that I'd change my mind about not wanting kids when I met the right man..

If he wants kids he's not the right man.

I decided at 15. Now 54, no regrets. You can't paste on a mothering urge.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #36
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I'm flying by and haven't read all the posts (obvisouly people have really gone to a lot of trouble to give very good advice)..

I want to add a very simple, brutal truth that I told my father when he informed me that I'd change my mind about not wanting kids when I met the right man..

If he wants kids he's not the right man.

I decided at 15. Now 54, no regrets. You can't paste on a mothering urge.
EXACTLY!!

Casey Anthony didn't want her child-even during the pregnancy. Her mother shamed her into keeping Caylee. Now, she's dead...by Casey's hand...even though the jury dropped the ball for money deals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!