Bad Guy Mailibumiles (Miles Sundher) BAD BUSINESS ETHICS - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #31
hhmoore
I had (have) a few other questions...but I don't want to distract from the basic fact that Mailibumiles (Miles Sundher) sent those chameleons in that condition. Trevor's handling of certain aspects of this aren't really the issue (though it could be beneficial to HIM to consider some of the points that have and have not been made - nothing wrong with learning from our experiences).

To Miles: A live arrival guarantee is a standard....but so is the expectation that the animals will be outwardly healthy. If you cannot provide healthy animals - don't ship them. If you cannot recognize obvious issues - you should either not keep that species, or you should not include them in your sales until you learn. You dropped the ball on this one in a big way, and being new is not an acceptable excuse.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #32
Googlez_N_Vincent
Alright, well thank you everyone for your input and opinions. As of this point in time I still have NOT been reimbursed, if Miles every does reimburse me I will post on here to let everyone know.

Trevor Rizzuto

Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #33
Lopann
I see so many of these threads starting up where the buyer receives a sick animal, not saying that its the buyers fault, but maybe people should start requesting new pictures preshipping to avoid some of these issues. Don't settle on the picture in the thread.

Obviously anyone would be able to tell you those chams are sick just by looking at their eyes (1 so inflamed it looks like the eye is about to pop, and the other so far recessed in the socket it's clearly in bad shape).

Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #34
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
One drop? Not a very accurate measurement....and, also, most likely, an overdose (given the weight of a chameleon).
.04 ml is just about equal to 1 drop per 100g. The vet must have diluted it to the right level. Lots of vets will say just give them one drop and provide a bottle with a dropper. It's easier for people that are not good with measurements to provide.

I seriously doubt an overdose.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
.04 ml is just about equal to 1 drop per 100g. The vet must have diluted it to the right level. Lots of vets will say just give them one drop and provide a bottle with a dropper. It's easier for people that are not good with measurements to provide.

I seriously doubt an overdose.
I should have said in regards to chameleons this scenario is very common.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #36
Killer Chams
I dont know what the story was with these two chams he sent out that were sick. But for a newbie cham keeper Miles is definately a flipper. I have seen his ads for nosy falys on the fauna class section. He bought some of Max's falys and was selling them only weeks later for about double what he paid. Which isnt against the law or the rules of fauna. But just wanted everyone to know he is def a flipper. He's in it for a quick buck not looking out for the well being of the animals he is selling.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #37
Googlez_N_Vincent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Chams View Post
I dont know what the story was with these two chams he sent out that were sick. But for a newbie cham keeper Miles is definately a flipper. I have seen his ads for nosy falys on the fauna class section. He bought some of Max's falys and was selling them only weeks later for about double what he paid. Which isnt against the law or the rules of fauna. But just wanted everyone to know he is def a flipper. He's in it for a quick buck not looking out for the well being of the animals he is selling.

Althought most people knew that, I don't feel it is necessary to point that out now because everything is all said and done. Since Miles is so new it is easy to speculate, but no one really knows if he is a "Bad Guy" or just incredibly inexperienced and young. Personally I feel he is more likely the latter of the two and has a bit to learn.

Thank you though for your statement as is does show he is not a breeder, but just a seller. To me that makes a huge difference because if someone is a breeder they more than likely know how to care for the animal, if some one just "flips" them and is only selling, then they might not know all the right husbandry for the said animal.

Trevor Rizzuto

Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #38
Killer Chams
I only posted this information so that others who see any of his ads know what they are possibly getting into. I watch the ads on many sites and I know alot of the cham breeders so its pretty easy to spot a flipper when you know who's got clutches that just hatched etc... Im just trying to give people the infrmation to make an informed purchase.....

Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #39
robmd1
wow sorry ya got sent those sick chams trevor, they should have never been shipped, good to know of yet another to watch out for..

Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #40
Googlez_N_Vincent
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmd1 View Post
wow sorry ya got sent those sick chams trevor, they should have never been shipped, good to know of yet another to watch out for..
Yeah, still no reimbursement, I doubt it will ever come.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!