Inquiry Fauna user mattk24 some things don't add up any info?? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #31
snowgyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
On FB page, he has only two Cover Photos.
At least one, if not both, we're not taken in the U.S... if that means anything.
For example, attached is one of the two Cover Photos. Note the sign with the E and a line through it. That sign means "No Estacionarse". Which, in Spanish, means "No Parking".
Sorry, I meant that the images of the reptiles he had for sale did not show up any hits on the reverse image lookup. I didn't do an image lookup for the cover photos. I didn't think they were relevant, given my own cover photo was taken in Minnesota when I now live in Georgia.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #32
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Sorry, I meant that the images of the reptiles he had for sale did not show up any hits on the reverse image lookup. I didn't do an image lookup for the cover photos. I didn't think they were relevant, given my own cover photo was taken in Minnesota when I now live in Georgia.
I understood what you were saying. I probably shouldn't have used your quote, to jump off of, but did so due to its mention of FB and also pics.

Usually, I hold very little relevance to cover photos and certain others. After all, most people do post photos of places where they do not reside.

However, there was mention (by someone else), earlier, of the seller using a term nomally used in Mexico. With there only being 4 photos (in total), on the seller's FB site, where only two are outdoors (the two Cover Photos) and one has a sign that I know is in use in Mexico, it just gives a slight connection.
Then there is the matter of the seller's phone number with an area code not assigned to any U.S regions.

These things, along with what the OP has stated, can make things questionable.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #33
Pasodama
BTW In my post, about the cover photo, I stated it may not mean anything... and it really may not.
After the seller's comment, of finding the pic on Google, I discovered that it, indeed, can be found on Google. Haven't done any searches to see where, or who, the photo originated from.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #34
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
BTW In my post, about the cover photo, I stated it may not mean anything... and it really may not.
After the seller's comment, of finding the pic on Google, I discovered that it, indeed, can be found on Google. Haven't done any searches to see where, or who, the photo originated from.

I would never worry too much on origins of a cover photo, I do the same all the time, if I see a photo I really like I may use it as a cover pic.
However any animal I have for sale would ALWAYS be one of my own actual pictures for sure!

Old 05-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #35
Mistyck
The broken English does not strike me as coming from Mexico. But I do think that this person is of foreign descent.

As for Matt, quit having an attitude and saying, "You come look." Instead why not be constructive and help people feel at ease with you and your animals by proving they're yours and where you are? Nah; we can't have that. Let's be condescending and rude to anyone who types in this thread, and tell people that they need to find God and blah blah blah.

You're right; you don't need us to help you look bad. You're doing that all on your own. Good luck out there.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:59 PM   #36
Jay Sommers Reptiles
My suspicion is this is a mexican national with a made up name. It's that simple. I could be wrong and I would love to be proven as such. With proof.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #37
guruza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
The broken English does not strike me as coming from Mexico. But I do think that this person is of foreign descent.

As for Matt, quit having an attitude and saying, "You come look." Instead why not be constructive and help people feel at ease with you and your animals by proving they're yours and where you are? Nah; we can't have that. Let's be condescending and rude to anyone who types in this thread, and tell people that they need to find God and blah blah blah.

You're right; you don't need us to help you look bad. You're doing that all on your own. Good luck out there.
Didnt someone already look up the pics of his animals and say they werent from online? What further proof would there be that the animals are his? And im not really sure what proof you want of where he lives. Are you expecting him to send you his electric bill? Just seems this whole topic just flew right off the handle to me.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #38
guruza
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
My suspicion is this is a mexican national with a made up name. It's that simple. I could be wrong and I would love to be proven as such. With proof.
Seems like your basing alot off of garbled english and an incorrect fb location. I honestly couldnt tell you where my FB says i live right at this moment because i have honestly never felt the need to update it myself.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #39
guruza
Oh, and google says 299 is greenland area code. not sure why noone mentioned that since a few of you are playing detective already.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #40
TeguBuzz
This whole thread is rather ridiculous.

Everyone is ganging up on this guy, how do you expect him to react?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
matt jay, matt kenton