Bad Guy Steve Russo; World of Reptile out of New Jersey - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #31
ReptileAddictions
Seizures are VERY common in Beardies lacking Calcium. I have seen it many many times Seems no stores tell customers to buy UVB, if they think they cant afford it. Or the chains dont seem to know they need it.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #32
East_Coast
I wonder if someone could be charged with animal cruelty for stuff like this?

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #33
Emileypaige776
its very very cruel. And he stiill won't return my animals, so I am sure he prob doesn't have them under proper lighting either. He makes me sick. Is there anything legally I can do? Or am I out of luck?

On a good note.... His hypos and "trans" are doing really good. So my fingers are crossed for those ones to make it.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #34
yankees789
wow i never seen this thread.i traded 2 very very nice dragons to him.he sent me 3 wannabe leathers.no color an 4sure not leathers.they were shipped awful 2.i met him on hoobly/stay away from steve russo hes a joke an a bad image for people who actual care abouth reptiles,unlike him.when i talked to him all he did is biatch about shipping prices.cry me a river an dround in it.i guess no1 else pays the same shipping prices.(what a joke)

Old 09-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #35
heebie.jeebies
Just reading about this aggravates me beyond belief, and then seeing the pictures of the dead animals is the icing on the cake.

You shipped to him, right? You have his name and address then, I assume? I hope you also saved the vet records to further prove that these animals were very ill.

If I were you (and you can take this advice or leave it), I would write to him one last time. I would tell him that unless he rectifies the situation immediately by sending your animals back, you will:

1. File a complaint with the police department for theft. He knowingly and willingly scammed you, you can provide proof of that; he stole X amount of dollars from you as a result. When you call to file the police report, they will ask you if you want to take him to court or press charges. Say YES.
2. Report him to the BBB.
3. File an animal cruelty report with the ASPCA or Humane Society; if they can't do anything, you will contact his local Animal Control department to make sure something is done.

Tell him that you will provide pictures of the abuse to the three above-referenced entities; you will provide pictures and emails to show he did not send you what you paid for (he can't back his case up with shabby excuses, either - as a breeder I'm sure he is well-qualified enough to know what he sent you was NOT what you ordered).

Furthermore, you can threaten to take him to small claims court to get your money (or animals) back. If he says he already sold/gave away your animals, or that they died (in which case you'd have even more of a case against him), you can still try and get your money back regardless.

And if he threatens to get even with you, assure him that upon any investigation, they'll find he made false claims and will be in even more trouble.

Sound excessive? Probably. The point of threatening him with all this is to "hope" he will just give you your animals back so he doesn't have to endure several painful processes. Of course, if he doesn't, depending on how badly you want your animals/money back, you can then follow through with what I mentioned above.

Just what I would do if I were in your situation.

PS - Just a note, when and if you do write to these people, keep in mind that proper grammar and punctuation, and clear, concise, well-thought out sentences will add to your credibility.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #36
tomb9712
Excellent idea. I like the way you think Katherine.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #37
Earthworks
wow

wow jeeze just give him his dam animals back...

on another note i think theres a number of unrelated Russos in the reptile industry, would certainly suck to be somehow mistakenly mucked into these kind of things...

Old 09-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #38
Earthworks
oops

meant to ad that i live right outside las vegas, in the desert, and its reallllly hot...i leave it to the seller if they want to ship but i keep them posted on temps and demand that they take precautions for keeping cool +take liability for there shipments...seen some innovative results but always arrive healthy and safely even in some intense hot times so...where im going with this is it doesnt get much hotter than here so if d-bags would make sooooome attempt at insulating and cooling the animals it would probably be sufficient...that shipping job was lammme reminded me vaguely of a cham i got years back was a pillowcase in a box... was pretty pissed off but it survived and thrived fortunently

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!