CMG Reptiles Inquiry - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:08 PM   #31
rmontez
Thanks

Thanks Alvaro, that is exactly what I am saying. Chris just refuses to understand what I am saying!! Anyone can use any picture I have ever taken to sell an animal 1. as long as it truely is that animals and 2. it represents the animal accuratley. If not I will speak up!

Thanks again
Rene

Old 12-18-2003, 11:13 PM   #32
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Guess I'll jump in here like I know what I’m doing or something and have my say~

I don't know either player in this drama…….but I have met Rene on another snake related board, and he seems to be a pretty decent fellow.

I don't know Chris at all.....but I don't think his intent was being a bad guy.

I can sure see why Rene thought so.......it sure looks like it too if you look at it from his side. When I first saw it, I sure thought you must be a colossal bad guy/jerk wad Chris. When Rene found your add he had no way of knowing you had purchased that snake…….it looked like EXACTLY what he thought, like what we all see in this business all too often lately. It looked like you had stolen the pics to sell none-existent snakes. Think about it Chris…..if they were your pics of snakes your bred, and you saw that add from someone you never heard of, trying to sell snakes from a DIFFERENT line with your pics………….you would have thought the same thing. And yes, you probably would have started promptly griping about it. If not~ well then you’re a better person than I am. I would have been PISSED and VOCAL.

Now…….I understand why you got defensive Chris. And why your feeling a bit put upon here………but whether you knew it or not the first error WAS YOURS. You used a pic that did not belong to you, without proper permission and mis-labeled the line that snake was from. And those first pics you took to “Prove” you owned her……..well those pics where pretty crappy (and you said something about crappy photo’s while using Rene’s photo to top it all off!). You can’t be surprised Rene (and me, and I bet some others) still thought you were lying.

I think (*think* I don’t actually know him) Rene is actually a quite reasonable person……..and if you explained the situation and apologized for using the photo he probably would have retracted his negative comments about you.

Now there has been some heated words back and forth~ but it probably is not too late to apologize. It’s worth a try anyway.

~ Or I’m feeling just entirely too “Polly Anna” tonight and need a drink.
Tootles and Good Luck guys!

Old 12-18-2003, 11:41 PM   #33
Vegeta
Chris great person

Hi I just wanted to share my experience with Chris from CMG.Ive done some trades with him in the past and got nothing but great animals from him.im sure he mite of made some mistakes and we all do..no one is perfect.Chris is a really great person and if u have met him in person im sure u would say so yourself..Well i gtg now but I hope this subject drops soon cause I dont like to see bad things happen to good people..Alex Lee

Old 12-19-2003, 12:43 PM   #34
CMGREPTILES
Ok to end this once and for all. I apoligize for using the pics that rene had apparentlly took of animals he produced. But i was sent the pics by the one i bought the animal from so i didnt think to question the pics. Sorry. But that is the only thing i believe that is remotely my fault. I dont think i misrepresented the animal at all about being high contrast because she is. The pics just are not good quality. the animal that rene produced is a smoking animal. I was also obviously mixed up on the lines of the animal so here is what i have found out about the animal. She is a product of a Sharp albino male bred to a V.P.I het female. Now if this is not correct with you Rene please correct me. Maybe i need to buy a new digital cam and that would solve alot of this. And to clear up the rest of the bashing attemps both on Renes part and mt own, I was highly upset that before figuring this out 1 on 1 Rene posted me on the front pages of the ball python classifieds on kingsnake instead of on here to give me a chance to clear this misunderstanding up. To me that was a direct bash at me and i felt it to be an attempt to trash my name on a forum that was not created for that kind of issues. I returned the bash on kingsnake for a reason and that was so i could clear up the accusations against me on kingsnake so people reading that would see. I apoligize to the INDUSTRY AS A WHOLE for that. But i do not sell animals that i do not own nor do i misrepresent animals. And if i get wrong info or i make a mistake i correct it when it becomes aware to me. Im only human. I hope this clears this up and hope this is finally a dead subject cause now it is just getting rediculous and i do not wish to keep this going any further. I believe this blown up to be bigger then it was on both myself and Renes part.

THANKS ALOT
CHRIS
CMG REPTILES

Old 12-19-2003, 10:52 PM   #35
The BoidSmith
Anyone has a phone number for Chris Guida. I've been having trouble today trying to reach him via e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-20-2003, 12:03 PM   #36
The BoidSmith
Never mind

I finally did get an e-mail from Chris today stating he decided to take off the market the snake he had posted for sale.

Thanks anyways!

Old 03-04-2004, 12:45 AM   #37
The BoidSmith
Opinions needed.

The opinion of those that are ball pyhton connoiseurs will be greatly appreciated. This female is up for sale for best offer (900 g).
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2004, 01:38 AM   #38
SNAKESALLAROUND
Black Head Ball

Ive seen the animal in person at a show and i have to say it is an awesome animal. The only thing i cant understand is why they want to sell it. But i talked to them for awhile and basically its for sale or trade for he righ price whatever that means. Ralph davis sold one that he produced for 20 grand last year. Even though the bodies look kinda different the heads are the same and who knows this may be the next big thing. Imagine a blackhead albino or a blackhead pastel, that would be hot. If i had the loot id take the chance. But i think they are trying to trade for other morphs more than the cash. At least thats the vibe i got from them. Im thinking about that axanthic, its a real nice male but they told me he might be traded already. Anyway thats my time.

Peace j-dog

Old 03-24-2004, 08:36 AM   #39
snakebstr
I am not sure what is up with chris and rene montez. But I did a deal with Rene Montez on a 1.1 pair of kenyan sand boas a few years ago, Guess what I got 2.0 Kenyan sand boas, then he went on the kingsnake board and posted me as a bad guy and tried to rip him off because I would send the package back and pay for it then he would send me my money...needless to say I made him send the shipping before I shipped. So unless Chris doesn't send the snake I purchased from him I am on his side because I have had bad dealing with RENE MONTEZ. Thanks DAVID

Old 03-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #40
The BoidSmith
David,

Maybe I'm a little slow today but to be honest with you I did not understand what the problem was. What does Chris have to do with Montez? What was the deal with the KSBs?

Kindly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!