Lori Kehoe/Lori_SnakesRule (not a good guy post, not a bad guy post) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 12:56 PM   #31
WebSlave
While I suppose it is not impossible for a single letter to be a name, I would think someone with a last name such as "Smith", might not be inclined to do this. Secondly, I followed a link to this person's website and see this as a caption to a photograph shown there:

Quote:
B. W. Smith with an adult Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
The periods after the 'B' and the 'W' indicate initials, to me, anyway. I have trouble envisioning Mr. and Mrs. Smith only being able to come up with the name 'B' for their new son at the hospital. Of course, perhaps he has an older brother named 'A', and a younger sister named 'C', so I could be completely wrong about this.

Yeah, maybe I am being picky, but if I am going to have rules here, I might as well enforce them, or why bother with any rules at all?

Old 04-04-2003, 01:33 PM   #32
BWSmith
Quote:
Of course, perhaps he has an older brother named 'A', and a younger sister named 'C', so I could be completely wrong about this.
Oddly enough, I think that was clever and amusing

Quote:
Yeah, maybe I am being picky, but if I am going to have rules here, I might as well enforce them, or why bother with any rules at all?
I agree with you. The purpose of the rule, as i understand it, is so there is no confusion as to who is talking. I like that rule. I am being honest, I cold have put my name as Charlie Jackson and avoided the entire issue. But my name is B W Smith. This name appears on my business, credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, business cards, reptile permits, records with Dept of natural Resources, and virtually everything else in my life. By reverting to a virtually unused name, it would be defeating the purpose of the rule, to let everyone know who they are talking to. Just my 2 cents. Don't know if it makes a difference.

Old 04-04-2003, 01:55 PM   #33
Wilomn
Just for the chuckle factor I did know a guy whose legal name was K. C. Now imagine how many people thought his name was Casey. We laughed about it on more than one occasion. His mother and father actually put on his birth certificate for his name just the initials K and C. He did have a last name but I'll leave it out of this for now. To make matters even more humorous his sisters name was C. K.

Some parents, huh?

Wes Pollock

Old 04-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #34
WebSlave
OK. 'B W' it is. If that is your name, then who am I to argue?

But do expect other people whom have not read this discourse to ping on you about it now and again. Many people here are very sensitive about the full name rule.

Welcome to the club.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #35
BWSmith
Thumbs up

Thank you. If anyone deserves "pinging" it is probably me Been lurking here for several years.

Old 04-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #36
ReticEd
http://www.redtailboas.com/cgi-bin/y...94514;start=15

The thread is closed, and is still accessible.

If need be, then more screen shots....

Simple as this, Lori Kehoe has my address, given to her on RTBS in PM, which was opened by her.
I have requested that she pay by USPS MO since it will be cheaper for her, no extra fees, I refuse to deal with payPal and I will not accept a dime over $37.50 minus the MO cost.

Yet she still went against what has been told to her, by me for quite some time, that I do not have NOR will use paypal and sent $45 in paypal, which I keep getting reminders on.

Another issue of Lori Kehoe doing as she wants and not what is asked.

if anyone reads the post from Lori, either by screen capture that I posted or on the RTBS forum, then you can see that some outrageous claims were made by Lori, pertaining to myself and other admins, in the arena of illegal tobacco trafficing and in the arena of her account on RH.

I feel she now owes an apology to those accused of the felonies and an apology to Brett, JuliusSqueezer, on RH, for pretty much accusing Brett of tampering with her account.

Lori, since this is open for all to see, MANY people know of the code issues on RH. Another admin had his account completely deleted yet was only found to be a possible coding issue that went awry.
Name changes for example, with the curent coding can cause major glitches along with forums access issues for others.
Bretts account was locked this past Saturday night, when after another members name changed and postsed directly behind Brett on a thread, the changed account took the info from JuliusSqueezers account and posted it on the others post.
Password retreival system does not always work properly.

Many code issues at the moment which you do know of and have dealt with, numerous times in the past.

Even my wifes account got messed up a few months ago, all of her private info and password, were deleted from the account and I had to fix it prior to her having the ability to log onto RH.

With all of the resignations, admin deletions and moderator deletions and changes in such a very short period of time, then I can understand why anyone would be looking at accounts, to ensure there were no damages done by the code issues.

It is what a good admin would do, in order to catch, fix if possible and report a problem to someone that can fix it.

Now sponge up your pride and do what is right.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:22 AM   #37
XzyluM
While you may say this is a matter of principle, I honestly have to disagree. Never was this issue brought up until Lori had resigned from RH. When all the issues came up and about, you brought this up. There's a big coincidence in this. To me, it's not about principle, it's more about trying to berate another person with the given circumstances that lead to this being pulled up. She sent you $45, so let it die. Whether more than the amount or not, you got your money and it's a done deal. While RH's code is somewhat out of place, I have a strongly disagree that her account was tampered with due to a coding malfunction. Tons of complaints were posted in the past with admins tampering with others accounts like changing their passwords, and email addresses so they could not retrieve their pass. There has been tons of complaints related to admins abusing their privileges and doing things they are not suppose to be doing. Every since this all started, it has been mostly nothing but Lori this and Lori that. If anyone needs an apology, I think it's Lori.

Devin Watts

Old 04-07-2003, 11:57 AM   #38
Darin Chappell
Devin,

Ed has proof that he has been trying to contact Lori for quite some time. So, you conspiracy theory can't really hold water. He will not accept PayPal, for whatever reasons, so she has still not paid him. We all backed Lori when she was in the right on a deal, but now it is time for her to step up and send this man his money.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #39
BWSmith
Devin,
Great to get someone to offer another opinion. Two sides to every story. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have not been privy to alot of the "behind-the-scenes" goings on. I have my opinions and observations, as you have stated yours. I think you have a couple valid points. But personally, I don't really care about modivation of the action. Now Eddie could easily take the $45. That is not the method of payment he requested, so it all comes down to whether he wants to compromise on another form of payment. It is all on Eddie's plate now. As far as the tampering with her account, coding issues, or complaints.......... there are very few that know 100% for sure. And I aint one of em

Old 04-07-2003, 12:14 PM   #40
Suncoast Herpetological
Bottom line is that the man has been paid. If the overage bothers you that much, cut her a check for $7.50 after the money hits your account and be done with it.

This one is now dangerously close to approaching "beating a dead horse".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread