Rare Monitors up for Adoption - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #31
Palex134
I know this. I had kept tons of other herps before my varanids, and when I got them I learned so much new stuff about keeping reptiles. Someone once said that keeping reptiles is practice for keeping monitors, and that is 100% true. I have an 8 year old blue tongue, my first real herp. She is a beauty, but nothing compared to a varanid. Also my rhacodactylus and oedura are cake compared to a monitor. Tree monitors require such care and time, I couldn't care for them. my advice to you is get a baby yellow acanthurus. they are like 100-150, but worth the price! I am glad you acted very mature about this. I just think such rare creatures, or any creatures, should have the best home possible.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #32
VampGirl
Your nuts first off i already took everything out my room for them and am making it like a jungle for them in there, would you do that? Probly not but i would because i care for them alot every since i saw this post i have been researching on how to care for them and have found many helpful caresheets http://store.reptileron.com/product_...oducts_id=1009
and think i have learned a thing or two from them. I am prepared to feed them crickets, roaches, mealworms, ground turkey and cat food. well roaches creep me out but i can give all the other stuff and even if i have no cash to feed myself i will make sure they eat and are always taken care of. I have been thinking also because of the pairs i will be breeding them also and am prepared to hatch and keep 7-35 eggs because i care and if i cant keep them i would not even sell them i would give them away just like billy is doing i think this is a great thing to do for the hobby and will bring in more people to this hobby. i have been looking into monitors for some time now and who are you anyway Palex you said yourself you never kept them so how do you know the care for them it is already aparent i am learning more than you already.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #33
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampGirl
...my people have been keeping reptiles for Generations and its in my blood. .
Your people?

Quote:
My beardie made it out great and would have ate your skinks for breakfast!
A Beardie is no comparison to a Monitor...Trust me, I have both...

Quote:
...these other people are jokes and just want to make a fast buck off them i want to raise them and keep them for as long as they are alive.
I would watch your statements and judging individuals and businesses you know nothing about. It is apparant since your first post on Fauna was for the adoption of these monitors, that you are looking for hand outs.

Quote:
...I dont feel someone like you should be saying anything as they are not your animals to start with and you have no say in the matter.
No, they are not his animals...But he has every right to post his opinions and advice. I also agree with him...Taking on that many monitors when you have no experience what so ever is ludacris.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #34
VampGirl
well my people i believe in the vampire religion here is one of our many creeds.
I am a Vampire.

I worship my ego and I worship my life, for I am the only God that is.

I am proud that I am a predatory animal and I honor my animal instincts.

I exalt my rational mind and hold no belief that is in defiance of reason.

I recognize the difference between the worlds of truth and fantasy.

I acknowledge the fact that survival is the highest law.

I acknowledge the Powers of Darkness to be hidden natural laws

through which I work my magic.

I know that my beliefs in Ritual are fantasy but the magic is real,

and I respect and acknowledge the results of my magic.

I realize there is no heaven as there is no hell,

and I view death as the destroyer of life.

Therefore I will make the most of life here and now.

I am a Vampire.

Bow down before me.
that is just one of our many creeds we have this is just what i believe and if you read the part "I am proud that I am a predatory animal and I honor my animal instincts." should show how much i feel for animals and care for them as i believe they are part of me as well. As i said i have been reading bout these monitors and feel i am really ready to take on the job and would be great at it. It is clear you are just a broker in it for a quick buck you dont care for the animals themselves you know how much they cost i dont however and dont care but i am willing to shell out lots of cash for them unlike most people like you would do such as keep them in bad conditions as most of you brokers do. i dont want to sound mean but it is becoming more aparent i deserve these creatures more than any of you do.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #35
VampGirl
and so what if they are free they need a good home and they will get that here so i dont like of it as a "Hand Out."

Old 01-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #36
Palex134
I do have some crested geckos that lay and the eggs hatch and I sell their hatchlings. This is true. But I am not even interested in the varanid as I clearly stated in a previous post. I don't know what all that vampire stuff was about. kinda wierd. And I agree, a beardie is like keeping a rock compared to a varanid. I am just trying to help Billy find a good home for his varanids as I clearly stated. Another thing. Monitors aren't cats, they shouldn't eat cat food. It isnt as healthy for them. You clearly do not know how to care for them.

and I also don't think billy willams said you are getting them. If I was him, I wouldn't give even you a leopard gecko.
so next time, please dont be so rude to me and clal me nuts, when I am not the one setting up a room for monitors you may not get.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Thumbs down

Quote:
It is clear you are just a broker in it for a quick buck you dont care for the animals themselves you know how much they cost i dont however and dont care but i am willing to shell out lots of cash for them unlike most people like you would do such as keep them in bad conditions as most of you brokers do. i dont want to sound mean but it is becoming more aparent i deserve these creatures more than any of you do.
Yeah...I'm just a broker with 50+ reptiles housed 5-10 to a 10 gallon tank...I feed them all but once a month if I can't get them out my door fast enough...

Wow, you really are insane.

I think you really need to do a little research on the do's and don'ts of this hobby...As well as how to present yourself to your peers...

It's not about "deserving" the Monitors. It's about being capable of handling and housing them properly...About giving them the time and attention they need to thrive and live a full life.

I own my own home (and at my age, that's a feat all on its own) and have a room specifically for the reptiles I keep and breed (which 1/2 is for the monitor cages alone). That is very much not being a broker, as it has been said in previous posts.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #38
TripleMoonsExotic
I would like to apologize to Billy for this thread getting so insane...

But I can't but comment on some of the BS that is being spewed about.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #39
Palex134
I agree. It is rediculous. and by the way, you can't learn to fully care for a monitor by reading an online care sheet.

since your feeding them cat food, I think the emeralds would love some fish food, maybe some hermit crab chow also.

Hopefully someone who can care for them who has the time, space, and Knowlage will come soon and help this thread out. I still stand behind triplemoon taking them if they are still open. She sounds like she knows how to care for them. She also has other varanids, not just a beardie.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #40
VampGirl
well im just getting ready shows how much i care does it not? if he says yes then i am ready to take them in if not them i will go back in. The vampire stuff is just what i believe in its my religon so please dont call it weird im not making fun of your religion. I have been reading lots of caresheets and do feel im ready and yes you can feed catfood to them it said so on the sheet i posted. i am learning as i go and i am learning lots a nother one of our creeds is "Test Everything,Believe Nothing." wich is how i live my life and just shows how i can react to things like the well being of a lizard. Please dont call my beardie a rock it is not it is a living animal and i can see by saying that you have no feelings for animals. So go play with a skink or something!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread