Having trouble with Kingsnake.com Help Please!! Sorry, kind of long - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2002, 05:19 PM   #31
Adam Block
Just to make something clear! I love this Country and what it stands for. I make a lot of money on just the things I'm talking about. People don't need me in my other line of work but still I'm paid well to provide something that I'm not needed for only because they fail to look into the matter. I'm 100% in full support of people asking ANYTHING they want for a product.

On the same hand I don't worry or get upset about competition as that comes with the game. Cage Liners can be had from the same source DCLs uses in the same sizes for under $10 a roll. If you would rather support the herp business by paying 3 times that amount and not buying more reptiles, better cages, giving kids free reptiles to get them started or something else that's your business and not mine. I was only offering the information so you could choose where you spent your money.

If Jeff doesn't want to provide me service that's fine as well, I respect that. My issue is that he had no trouble taking my money first! Why would he take my money, decide he doesn't like me and then cancel my account. If a business doesn't want to deal with you that's fine, don't deal with the person and don't take their money. But if they choose to deal with you and then decide not to, a refund is in order. As of this point I haven't gotten a penny back and Jeff has kept my money to make a point. I'm not the first, without giving names this is just one of many messages I've gotten.

Quote:
My posts were pulled twice within two days.
When I complained,I was told that I would receive a refund on my account.
This person mentioned others were doing the same thing he was. Jeff is biased and while it's fine to overlook the people doing wronge that you like or that spend a lot of money with you it's wrong to steal money from the people you don't like. Jeff has made it painfully clear that if you step on his toes or question him in ANY way he will put an end to your kingsnake.com account and most likely keep your money!

I was warned, I took heed and he still canceled my account to spite me. That is JUST BAD BUSINESS! Jeff has no morals and has ripped me off at this point. We'll see if he corrects this but I highly doubt it.

Good luck to all doing business with kingsnake.com

Adam Block

Old 12-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #32
Adam Block
A hobby is all it is so I'm not stressed about this in the least. Thanks for the words though Fred and you're 100% this hobby is very messed up. It's all about money now and I have started to be more and more thankfull for people like Rich.

As for the refund. I emailed Jeff back within 1 minute of his email as I was on the lookout for him to cancel my account. I staited that the account I paid for my membership with was no longer open (due to theft, the balance is in despute) and I would need my refund via PayPal or some other method. He has since ignored every attempt I've made to contact him. I assume he will refund it to that account knowing this information anyway just so I don't see the funds. I know that the last thing he needs is another person on the list of "people screwed by kingsnake" but this list is getting bigger and bigger and I can only guess will grow to bite him very hard one day.

Adam Block

PS I intend to get this story out to as many people as I can and if you have anything you'd like to share or add to my story please email me and I will include you in the new section of my site staiting the true facts kingsnake.com

Old 12-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #33
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I know that the last thing he needs is another person on the list of "people screwed by kingsnake" but this list is getting bigger and bigger and I can only guess will grow to bite him very hard one day.
Now that's something I can agree with.

Kingsnake.com is certainly a great site and Jeff certainly did put a great deal of time and effort into creating what he has but he did not do it alone.

Where would Kingsnake be without the individuals who post in it's forums helping neophyte keepers?

Where would kingsnake be without the individuals who write the care articles that are hosted by KS?

Where would kingsnakebe without the people who allow an hour or more of their time to be spent in a guestchat answering questions?

Where would kingsnake be if it was not linked to the sites of the breeders and dealers who allow their educational or buisness websites to be placed on the mainpage?

Where would kingsnake be if not for the hundreds of people who hold classified accounts or the people who buy banner ads?

The point is, kingsnake, like any organization, relies on the public to maintain it's existance, alienate enough people from your customer base and the enterprise fails.

Jeff as an individual is a good man who created something great but many of his recent actions, along with his refusal to admit mistakes and his seemingly ever expanding and not entirely deserved ego will destroy what he has created if he continues on the path he has apparantly chosen for himself.

By no means do I think Adam was right for doing what he did in the deliberate violation of KS's TOS agreement but there is a kernal of truth to some of the emotions he's expressing over the results. Jeff didn't get where he is by himself or with the help of those he now seems to be surrounding himself with but he just may get himself something else...

Old 12-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #34
Adam Block
Quote:
By no means do I think Adam was right for doing what he did in the deliberate violation of KS's TOS agreement
I did not knowingly violate TOS and when it was brought to my attention that I had I didn't make so much as another post. As I said I've been using kingsnake.com for a long time and read the TOS when I got my first account but hadn't noticed it's huge growth spurt since that time. That is my fault none the less but I didn't knowingly do it.

My account was deleted because Jeff didn't like me offending his ego I believe and he was going to delete me to further perpetuate his God complex.

I will be launching KINGSNAKESUCKS.COM sometime this week and while I'm amazed at the number of supporters that have already shown interest I would love to see how many get on this boat. If you have a story, web skills or anything else you would like to provide please email me. I will focus on peoples stories of Jeff being unfair to them as well as providing other places to support that care about their customers.

Thanks a lot,
Adam Block

Old 12-18-2002, 06:28 PM   #35
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Jeff B. and KS.....

Sorry to hear about your problems Adam.

But in my experience with Jeff and his site, he has been great to me. And I am just a small fish in a very large reptile pond. He went a long way to help me get my site up and running. He put tons of effort into explaining technical babble that I still don't understand and even went much further than he really had to help me get it uploaded and put together. He charged me exactly jack squat for his assistance.

Not everything has been peachy and it really boils down to a well known puker salesman and his ban of cyber defenders. I have been given warnings and even had posts deleted. But out of respect for the man who helped me when I needed it, JEFFB, I have been very careful as to not let this group of riff raff destroy his site like they did before. I simply honored the warnings and nothing more has come of it.

I even met him in Chicago several times at a few of the Tinley Park shows. He was fun to meet, full of great information, and we had a ton of laughs to boot.

We have to remember several things,
1) it is his site and he can run it the way he wants
2) respect the warnings, they are for real
3) and don't spit in the face of the guy who has the #1 reptile site that you want to be on

Happy Holidays everyone.

Old 12-18-2002, 07:26 PM   #36
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Alvaro, yes I can charge as much as I want for a product and if the buyer agrees (either ignorance, laziness, or whatever) then that's ok.
I don't doubt you CAN charge as much for a product as you want. The problem is if you SHOULD do it, if you know the buyer is buying it completely unaware you are charging him 300% of the ongoing price. If it is a service you are providing and the buyer has the "benefit" of saving time, hassles, etc. and he agrees to it that's OK. But IMHO you are stating that taking advantage of people's ignorance it's OK and with that I agree to disagree.

Old 12-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #37
Classic Dum's
Quote:
I was only offering the information so you could choose where you spent your money
Adam did you ever think maybe he didnt want your list on his site because its illegal? I could be wrong but I thought profitting from a list such as that was illegal without consent from the companies first, which i am sure you didnt. Then dealing out what they want out of it. Because I for one would be pissed if I found out someone out there had my name on a list like that they were profitting from.

Old 12-18-2002, 08:57 PM   #38
Fred Albury
Good point.

Jason has a point, hadnt thought about that. Mmmmm need to think about this more deeply(Takes off socks and drink eggnog spiked with rum) Mmmmm(More later after 5th glas of eggnog

Fred Albury
Raider Fan
Aztec Reptiles

Old 12-18-2002, 09:04 PM   #39
Adam Block
Jason you are SO RIGHT!! Although I think you're a little off on the profit portion of it. I could be wrong, (ask my wife and she would be sure I was) but I would need to get money or some other method of compesation to be considered profit wouldn't I? As you can see, the list started free, is free and has never been offered for sale. Nice thought though

Thanks,
Adam Block

Old 12-18-2002, 10:16 PM   #40
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Just another thought...

Since we're talking legalities and all now. Just curious, but how long do you think KINGSNAKESUCKS.COM will last before that cease and desist order hits your mailbox Adam?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!