ASF Rack - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #31
TripleMoonsExotic
I've had no chews/escapes yet. They have shims (wood) and tp rolls to chew up. Plus they chew on their little plastic houses.

Found my first litter today too! She had at least 18. Having babies didn't turn her aggressive either, she let me pet her just like I usually do.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM   #32
Cat_72
OK, well, it took me awhile (yeah, I forgot)....but I found a neat idea for pans for these guys. Pricey, yes.....but if you only have a few, I think it would be more than worth the cost to use these and prevent any escapees, and these would be super easy to clean and disinfect as well. These particular pans are stainless, but they do have fiberglass and heavy-duty plastic as well.

I was actually looking through one of our catalogs here at work for new tubing for my rat racks, and if I buy it through work, I can sometimes get a pretty good discount, if they are a franchised vendor....and these guys have some other really cool stuff that I am thinking I could use for reptile/rodent projects as well!

Anyhoo....the pans:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=13049

Old 04-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #33
The BoidSmith
Thanks Cathy, those are nice!

Old 04-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #34
TripleMoonsExotic
Those are a 1/2" too small for my rack.

I actually haven't had a single problem with them chewing.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #35
TripleMoonsExotic
Thought I'd post an update to this...

Since reptile room has become baby room and back room has become reptile room, I had to make my closet contraption into a stand alone unit. Here's what it looks like!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #36
The BoidSmith
Steph,

How do you provide the water?

Thanks

Dan G.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Right now I'm using bowls until I get an auto watering system hooked up (and right now I'm looking at which pieces I need to complete it). I do not recommend the bowl method...I'm changing it out 5 times a day...Ugg...

Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #38
Cat_72
Steph, if it helps any, I get all of my watering supplies here:

http://www.bassequipment.com/Waterer...m/default.aspx

Best prices I've found, and an easy system to work with.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #39
TripleMoonsExotic
Thank you, Cathy. But what exactly do I need?

I already have the tubing...

Can I just get 5 of the Valve/Bracket/Tube/Tee Complete Units and then a Tank Connector? Is that right? I planned on getting the bucket locally.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #40
Cat_72
Actually, I don't use the brackets at all, they are for side-mounted applications. I guess you could get the complete units, and then not use the brackets....if your tubing is the same size. I run the valve thru the wire on top, using a metal washer on either side to keep it in place. I could try to get a pic for you, if that doesn't make sense....I'm not always real good at explaining stuff without using a picture (or drawing one with crayons).

I just buy each of the pieces separately, and always carry a couple of extra valves, just in case. They do seem to get leaky after using them awhile, though usually you can pop them apart, clean them up, and they are fine. It's always when you don't have an extra on hand that you get a leaker, lol.

And no, there's no sense in ordering the whole bucket setup they have, just ordering the connector and then using your own bucket works fine, and is cheaper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!