Bad Guy PAUL EDWARDS- peherps@comcast.net - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #31
Jim@SW
Quote:
Of course none of actually believe the grade school lie that that Paul did not have $1,100 on hand, but even if it is true this really is the FIRST rule of doing business.. DO NOT SPEND MONEY THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!!
If the guy is really "in the business and here to stay" and does not have $1100. I am sure he probably does not have any kind of product liability insurance. So if his cage/rack has a problem and cooks someones reptiles. I am sure he will not be there for anyone either. I plan on staying with Habitat cages. Sorry Mr. Edwards

Old 07-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #32
Paul Edwards
Actually, Tom is not the one who discovered this material. A very good friend of mine did. And it was that gentleman who started building cages out of it with the vinyl plastic fencing for face frames. Tom took the idea from him frankly, and built his company around it and my friend has never got a dime out of it. Not even a discount. Yes, Tom has helped me a lot with reptiles, general herping, photography, veterinary care, all kinds of stuff over the years, and I have more respect for Tom and what he has achieved in his life than probably anyone. I've also bought thousands of dollars worth of reptiles from him over the years, and have promoted their company in talks I've given and in countless personal conversations simply because I believe in this material. When I wanted to do this, we talked on the phone, and we talked about him getting either a piece of my business, or to become a franchise of their business and they declined, based mainly on the fact that I would be out here selling cages made out of the same material, at a much cheaper price, even though the vast majority of their business does not come from the herp world, it comes from the zoo world, because they are the only ones who can afford their products.

I'm not trying to come off as all warm and fuzzy as you say, I am trying to be professional. I appreciate everyones opinions that have been voiced here, and their rights to do so, even those who know nothing about me, or my business, or my products. I run a respectable business, I work hard, and I am working hard to make this the best company I can make it. I am a one man show and I am always trying to make what I make better, and get things out in a timely manner. Has there been mistakes made along the way? Sure there has, but I have always stood by my products and I always will.

I knew Tom wouldn't like me out here making cages out of this stuff. But you don't not go into business because someone is not going to like it. Anytime someone goes into business, there are going to be some that don't like it. Is everything we as consumers purchase a total 100% original? I don't think so. Look at the Freedom Breeder knock offs, or all the sheet goods manufacturers out there selling cages and racks. The clothes you wear, the electronics you enjoy, the cars you drive, to the hamburgers you eat - somebody else did it first. I'm making products simular to theirs at a fraction of the cost...I've heard that called "the American way". My goal in all of this, and the reason I started the company, is because I don't think it is fair that you can't get cages made out of this material unless you are willing to pay an exorbitant price, and so that people can get this level of quality that I'm able to produce at a price that is reasonable. Otherwise it is simply not available, unless, again, they want to pay literally 3 times what I am charging. That's it. That's what I am trying to do, and make a living in the meantime doing something I love. My only offense is not getting some customers products out in a timely fashion. Everything else is simply not true. All of my customers have got what they paid for. Even Leslie.
I did a little survey 2 nights ago. I got on the phone and called almost everyone I had done business with since I started this, just to find out if they were happy with my products, and to the man, everyone I talked to is extremely happy with what they bought from me. The incubators that Kyle Millsap and Santo got from me that they are complaining about, are the exact ones pictured in my adds (3'x2' and the 3'x3'). Everyone else that has got those sizes from me report them working fine. If not, like Kyle and Santo, I will take care of it.
Thanks,
Paul

Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #33
ljsreptiles
When Mr. Edwards spoke to me on the phone, and told me how great his company was doing...he told me about a $10,000 deal that went through for him. So, how does that happen and you don't have $1,000 for a refund? He didn't tell me he didn't have money for a refund, he just said he wouldn't give me one.

According to him, it was the crating company that had such a huge delay. He said it usually takes them about 3 days to crate the products and get them out. All of a sudden it took weeks and weeks for them to do this. Now, maybe I'm wrong...but if that was true, most people would be getting a refund from the crating company for their major delays. Which should be passed on to the customer in this extreme situation. When I asked for a refund on my shipping costs...he refused.

That just made be me assume he didn't finish it, and it had nothing to do with the crating company.

The one thing that was wrong with my incubator, which i fixed myself immediatly. There was a gap between the doors in the middle. Not a huge gap, but enough to let heat and air out. It was an easy fix with some very thin weather stripping from the hardware store.

I will update with what happens to the eggs I have inside the incubator.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #34
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Edwards View Post
Actually,blah..blah....blah....mumbojumbo.
Thanks,
Paul
Talk is cheap.

Put your money where your mouth is.

There are some people out there who just talk and talk and talk---but never actually say anything. I'm not saying that's you--because I'm just skimming your emails for $$$ signs and talk of REFUNDS.

Can you get a credit card to pay this gentleman back?

I understand that this is a free market---by all means--build a better mousetrap---more cost effectively with long-term customer service. So far, I've seen none of those qualities exhibited here, although--you really can go on and on!

Your personal impromptu poll doesn't pull much weight about the $1100 REFUND YOU OWE YOUR CUSTOMER.

Lastly, since you tossed it out there---It is my belief that it costs waaay more than $1000/month to have a kid. To look at it as money you'd use on something other than the kid is ridiculous.

Please refund this money so we can let this thread die. It's really bothering me that you can say soooooo much but never give specifics about the RETURN OF THE OTHER PERSON'S MONEY THAT YOU HAVE.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #35
mvite
Why am I so fired up you may ask? I guess because I have been reading the KS ads thinking that there was a new affordable cage manufacturer.

I don't want it to be someone with good writing skills instead.

I think immediate refunds would put Mr. Edwards on the right path to building a company.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #36
Jim@SW
Quote:
When I wanted to do this, we talked on the phone, and we talked about him getting either a piece of my business, or to become a franchise of their business and they declined, based mainly on the fact that I would be out here selling cages made out of the same material, at a much cheaper price, even though the vast majority of their business does not come from the herp world, it comes from the zoo world, because they are the only ones who can afford their products.
I hope Tom comes on here. When i told him about Paul`s ads on KS he seemed to know nothing about Paul`s new business.

Quote:
I knew Tom wouldn't like me out here making cages out of this stuff. But you don't not go into business because someone is not going to like it. Anytime someone goes into business, there are going to be some that don't like it.
It is called patent laws. Paul we all remember hanging out in Tom and Linda`s garage years back while Tom played around on what glues would work and not work. How to make a jig to hold the product. I have made a few things out of the same product, but I would never consider selling anything. For two reasons. One I lack experience in build the stuff, and second respect to a good friend like Tom.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #37
Paul Edwards
I go on and on because this is important to me. It takes years to build a reputation and minutes to tear one down. I tend to think in terms of concepts, not details. I have always had a hard time with details. I have told Kyle and Santo repeatedly they are going to get the refund. And this has not gone on for months or anything like that either. In fact, I made an arrangement with Kyle BEFORE he posted on the BOI with dates and amounts that he will be refunded. I also sent out some heat shelves to him too for his incubators as promised. He promised me that if I did what I said I was going to do he wouldn't post on here. He lied. There are those that have said I shouldn't have even refunded him the whole amount and just sent the rack when it was done...after all, he did order it. There was nothing said or written that if I didn't get the product to him by a certain time then he was entitled to a refund. His argument wouldn't stand up in a court of law. I decided to do it so as to not have any bad feelings out there. Kyle and Santo are young guys who don't know me and I'm sure they thought they were getting ripped off. But both of them have called me up (I've always been available) and called me every name in the book and left extremely nasty voicemails including threatening me with physical harm. I could have filed for a warent for his arrest for threatening me. That's why I cut off communication with them. We have agreed that I'm to get a $204 payment to him by the 18th of this month. He also said that if I do he'll come on here and post that I did what I said I was going to do. We'll see. But I've been nothing but professional with them and honest and they were extremely unprofessional with me.
I am a licensed thearaputic foster father. My foster son, when he turned 18 last September opted out of the program. he had been with me for 2 1/2 years. It didn't take anywhere near that $1000 to have him here. In fact, he worked at a restaurant and ate there a lot.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #38
Paul Edwards
Thanks mark for the compliment on my writing skills...i do enjoy writing, and the oratory...having been in outside sales for a lot of my life. I'm 3 for 3 in small claims court...should have been an atty! Oh well. I also like building things with my hands and manufacturing. Love manufacturing. And there is a new company making a better mousetrap on KS. Mine. I can send out to anyone who questions the quality of my workmanship, pics of just about everything I've built in the last several years out of this stuff. Maybe I should try and have my happy customers post on here on my behalf, like Toms friends have...I haven't yet. Jim, have we met? I don't remember ever meeting you and don't remember ever being in Toms garage trying to figure out how to use this material with you...maybe that was someone else? I remember the jigs that the guy who started the company with Tom made. Can't remember his name, but he was a natural gas welder if memory serves. BTW, I have taken in a couple roommates to make up for the $1000 in lost income. I'll do whatever I have to do to make thing thing work. But every time I get a PT job, I always get a bunch of orders in and can't do the job!

Old 07-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #39
Jim@SW
Quote:
Kyle and Santo are young guys who don't know me and I'm sure they thought they were getting ripped off. But both of them have called me up (I've always been available) and called me every name in the book and left extremely nasty voicemails including threatening me with physical harm. I could have filed for a warent for his arrest for threatening me.
Paul I think most of your customers are young guys that do not know you. Seems as us older guys that know you. Know NOT to do business with you. My daddy always said if it stinks like shit? It must be shit!

Quote:
I am a licensed thearaputic foster father. My foster son, when he turned 18 last September opted out of the program. he had been with me for 2 1/2 years. It didn't take anywhere near that $1000 to have him here. In fact, he worked at a restaurant and ate there a lot.
Paul did you have money to even feed the growing boy?? Oh my god. I can believe you would make a statement like that.

In my opinion there is no place for law breakers in this business. With HR669, and stupid people keeping a big snake that kills an innocent child. Things are tough enough without stupid crap like this.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
jayefbe
Paul, you're an idiot. Being a professional means meeting deadlines, offering refunds when requested, and not stealing other people's patents. It's amazing the level of incompetence that you have achieved in this "company" of yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
caging, reptile