Bad Guy ScalesNSkin Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
gsrept
there are other ways to get rid of mites with out using harsh chemicals if you look enough you will find the answer to it easily online. yes if you use the crap they sell incorrectly you could have issues. every one looks for the easy and quick way to solve the problem and not the safe way. either way she was still sent a snake with mites but i guess thats ok and the new norm to ship mite infested aimals i must have missed that buisness practice somewhere along the way.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
there are other ways to get rid of mites with out using harsh chemicals if you look enough you will find the answer to it easily online. yes if you use the crap they sell incorrectly you could have issues. every one looks for the easy and quick way to solve the problem and not the safe way. either way she was still sent a snake with mites but i guess thats ok and the new norm to ship mite infested aimals i must have missed that buisness practice somewhere along the way.
Of course there are safe ways to treat mites, but you were saying even if you did it wrong there was no way to harm the snake except for the stress of handling it too much which simply isn't true. It's never okay to get a snake with mites, but what do you think the seller should have done at that point other than offer to take it back for a refund? I understand she didn't want to put the snake in more danger but that's when you have to decide between the snake and the refund.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #33
gsrept
i will tell you, the seller should have never shipped snake to begin with then there would be no issue. if thats your buisness practice an everyone is fine with it then buy from them, and good luck with the free stuff you get with the snake.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #34
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
i will tell you, the seller should have never shipped snake to begin with then there would be no issue. if thats your buisness practice an everyone is fine with it then buy from them, and good luck with the free stuff you get with the snake.
The attitude, while cute, won't accomplish anything. I agree it never should have been shipped. Would you have shipped it back for a refund or kept it?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #35
gsrept
depends on how bad it really looked and type of animal, being a gtp would have shipped back if it were a ball or burm or boa would have quarintined and taken care if mite problem but i would have still contacted seller let them know there animal was carring mites and would expect some type of refund for the time and aggrevation of having to deal with the problem.there is no attitude my point is simple you either agree with the seller or the buyer its that simple. i personally agree with the buyer although her decision to not ship it back was hers to make and she was thinking of the animals well being i still think she should be refunded. I have a friend that bought a snake from a well known person found a kink on snake a month after told the person and was allowed to kep snake and was fully refunded. so it just goes to the persons character and buisnes practices. you go the extra mile in this industry you get repeat buisnes you cheat people you lose buisness

Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #36
gsrept
well either way she is not getting her refund so i am done with this debate. good luck all with up coming breeding season and happy herping

Old 10-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #37
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
The attitude, while cute, won't accomplish anything. I agree it never should have been shipped. Would you have shipped it back for a refund or kept it?
Your asking him a catch-22 question. If this person sent a sick snake covered in mites why would anyone trust them to refund the money when it was sent back? I sure wouldn't trust them.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #38
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
Your asking him a catch-22 question. If this person sent a sick snake covered in mites why would anyone trust them to refund the money when it was sent back? I sure wouldn't trust them.
I probably wouldn't trust them either, that's why it's a hard question, but there's probably not many sellers that would refund without getting the snake back.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #39
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
I probably wouldn't trust them either, that's why it's a hard question, but there's probably not many sellers that would refund without getting the snake back.
Yes you are right... many breeders want the snake returned before any refund is issued and for good cause since there are many buyers that are scammers however many breeders are also scammers and they are well aware of this "send back or no refund" practice so these unethical breeders are more than willing to ship sick snakes knowing the buyer will take pity on the snakes and probably won't send them back because of shipping cost or due to being scared the snake will die in transit. I don't like any buyer or seller that takes advantage of anyone but I have a feeling the buyer got screwed over on this one.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #40
Utta
Few things.

Stop with the links to Facebook. Upload them here in this thread for those who don't use the website. They also, don't work. (for me at least)

What evidence do you have Craig, that links SNS to DTS? If nothing, why mention DTS at all? For shock value to drive your points home?

Please use punctuation and SOME grammar in your posts Craig.

Kelly, can you also post your convos with SNS from fb, on here? because things don't get deleted on the BOI, its a sure thing that this deal went down as you're claiming. She can delete things off her FB to discredit you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!