Bad Guy Christopher Pratt (prattnc or prattnc@gmail.com) from Kansas - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #31
Aaron Mattson
Quote:
I assumed that that is how he, or anyone for that matter, would ship that time of year?
OK I can understand that. I think the problem then was that it was supposed to be shipped USPS, which even if you go next day often takes two days. That would be risky because cold packs might not last that long. That's probably why he didn't want to ship it when it's over 85 degrees. I think usually it would be the shippers responsibility to inform the buyer of that because not all buyers would be aware of best shipping practices but all sellers should be aware.

I don't think either of you guys is truely a bad guy at this point but the seller should either ship or refund asap. If it takes upgrading the shipping method to FedEx next day then that should be done and the buyer should pay for the upgrade.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #32
xPantherx
I offered to upgrade to FedEx, but he continued to ignore me. If he can step up and either get my gecko to me or refund me - seeing as I have still not gotten the animal I paid for, I'd happily clear his name. However, he hasn't done that yet.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #33
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mattson View Post

I don't think either of you guys is truely a bad guy at this point but the seller should either ship or refund asap. If it takes upgrading the shipping method to FedEx next day then that should be done and the buyer should pay for the upgrade.
Don't think shipping is an option at this point. the seller obviously has no experience shipping, does not have the proper shipping supplies such as heat or cold packs and insulated boxes.

Why should the buyer pay additional shipping after waiting so long to receive his crestie.the seller should automatically up grade with no additional charges just to please his customer.it's called customer service.

Not sure I would want to risk having anything shipped by this seller.at this point the only solution is a complete refund to the buyer today right now.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #34
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mattson View Post

I don't think either of you guys is truely a bad guy at this point
You have to be kidding right?

The seller takes a $300.00 payment in July, it's October 21 today and he has not shipped the Crestie yet!

Do you want to buy a clue Aaron?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #35
reptilebaby
I would definitely call this guy a bad guy!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #36
Aaron Mattson
Kaiden, I am sorry. I did read the entire thread, including all the emails but I must have missed the part where you offered to upgrade, or I read it and it just didn't register. Again I am sorry and I acknowledge that that does change things considerably. I will have to reread the emails to say for sure but since you are saying you offered to upgrade to FedEx and he ignored you then I would have to say he is at or very, very near to being a bad guy.

Ed, the reason why I said the seller is not a bad guy yet is for three reasons, 1) the buyer is responsible for some the delays, 2)the buyer sometimes gave the impression that he didn't mind waiting and lastly 3)because it's possible the seller is just incompetent due to lack of experience and never intended/doesn't intend to rip the guy off. I am not the only person who has said the seller might not be a bad guy so I don't know why you chose to be critical of only me. There is no need to be rude to me and say "buy a clue". I gave my honest opinion but I am certainly open to being swayed and it wouldn't require insults, just reasoning discussion.

As far as the shipping, yes it would be good customer service for the seller to upgrade for free. In fact I think it would be the right thing to do morally and I admit I was not clear about that. But from a purely bussiness and legal standpoint I don't know of anything that would legally release the buyer from having to pay for an upgrade. That said, I wish I would have worded it something like this: "If it takes upgrading the shipping method to FedEx next day then that should be done. Although I don't think the shipper would be legally required to provide a free upgrade I think that it would be the right thing to do in this case because much of the delay was his fault."

For the record I don't know either party.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #37
Ed Clark
Aaron, my intention was not to insult you. I apologize if it sounded like that.

I do think you are being way to lenient on this seller.I see him as a bad guy for various reasons.the most glaring would be the length of time from the day he accepted payment until today.

The fastest resolution would be a full refund.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #38
Aaron Mattson
Ed I accept your apology and ad that maybe I was a little too sensitive. I'm sorry too.

I think you may be right about me being to lenient. It's past my bedtime, I don't feel like re-examining this right now. I'm going to get some sleep. I hope the seller does the right thing.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #39
Focal
Did some people miss the part where the seller was pretty much like, haha go to paypal, try to get your money back, you WON'T. Once that paypal dispute closed in the sellers favor, in conjunction with him ignoring the buyers emails, do you honestly think the buyer would have ever seen the gecko or cash? The seller tried to get him to go to paypal a couple times, why? FOR CLOSURE so he can move on and call paypals decision the "final call."

Why hasn't the money been refunded? The seller was on last night and read the opinions he asked for. Because the money is spent (before delivery) or the gecko has been sold elsewhere. The only two reasons I see someone trying to hold onto someones money so strongly, is a thief or someone that doesn't have it to refund.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #40
Focal
Quote:
If you want a refund you can try through paypal but i have offered to ship her Monday. The payment you made to me is also considered a deposit and if for some reason you cant receive her in a reasonable amount of time you deposit will be forfeited
Quote:
Also paypal cant do anything about it since its over 45 days
Quote:
At this point you should just contact paypal, it doesnt sound like you want to work with me.
Quote:
So either you can wait til next week or contact paypal.
There's your sign.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!