Bad Guy JERRY TRESSER--BAD GUY- the worst kind - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #31
BillyLeonard
Jerry you I appreciate the kind words but you dragged me into this with less than amicable comments and you did not address any of my questions.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #32
laurabain79
I see this as a really clear cut issue....

Jerry owes Ben the money and quit muddying the issues with what recently happened with them. Totally irrelevant to this matter.

Anyone in this business knows protocol for dealing with this situation. You provide proof that the animal died. Since you "disposed" of the body, there is no proof that you haven't sold the animal or if it truly did die. This is just common sense in this situation and any situation whether you are purchasing an animal or TV or anything. You can't just go back to the store and ask for your money back or refuse to continue to make payments without the product!

You might want to quit throwing the nasty comments and jabs too. They are not making you seem sincere at all. I hope the MTS is alive somewhere and hopefully not in your care, they are hard to find and awesome animals!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
BenSiegelReptiles
Jerry--you also never said anything about compensating me. I think at one point I made an offer to you-at repticon--my memory is a little cloudy, but I am pretty sure me and a few other people heard you walk away from my table at repticon saying like a bully to contact your attorney. Listen man----someone finally called your bluff and now I want this matter to be handled by an attorney. You have written stuff at this point publicly that is far more damaging then the cost of the skink you Lost? Died? Untrue facts jerry--you are a hurtful person and the messages you wrote were hurtful. A man died and you are going to use that to argue a point on why I should not be after you for a debt? Like because something bad happened to me that you should not have to pay me? Talking about kicking a dude when hes down. On top of that you write misinformation about the incident publicly is hugely damaging. That is one thing that will not drop@@

ON ANOTHER NOTE TO THE MODS------i posted the emails completely unaltered. In a couple of them I believe I posted my private number. Is there a way to black that out. If not-I understand.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
but I need to move on before Lucille reads into this with another one of her posts

Many others have pointed out your lying and bullying in previous interactions during other transactions, so I am not an exception. That you would prefer to move on rather than deal with those interactions is understandable, since there is no excuse for your poor behavior.

Your previous post desperately calling for a moderator's help to try to prevent the posting of those rude threatening (relevant) posts you so liberally sprinkled in your previous threads is also understandable.

I sort of like this post from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Tresser

You are aware that it is not defamatory to tell the truth. Your customer received dead flies. Tresser, how many people do you know want to pay for dead flies? Come on, speak up, I can't hear you? Do you run dead fly specials huh Tresser?

I wouldn't buy a fruit fly from you if you were the last fly vendor on earth. After all, a seller's real measure is what he does when things go wrong.

What did you do Tresser? SAY you were going to send some flies out and then not do so? That's LYING, Tresser. Great new name for your biz, Tresser: Flies 'n Lies
I still like that name for your biz, Tresser.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
rcarichter
Jerry,
I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon. You'll notice that your one recent Good Guy post is from me. We had a smooth, successful transaction, and I told everyone so.
People would really like a straight answer though: Why did you dispose of a $1,000+ animal without a photo? Even Petco wants to see a dead fish before they'll replace it. Was there a reason to get rid of the body quickly? We'd really like to understand the thinking here. Thanks.

Noelle Richter

Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #36
Amelanistic Orca
Newbies and has been know it all's! Jerry, give him back the lizard you're trying to jack.

Ben.... Do you have happy, healthy pics of the other two doing well? That's all I'd need to see. Reptiles can be killed or maimed within minutes in rejects hands.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #37
TextileHerps
Jerry, I have to agree in this day and age with cameras being on everything... Cell Phones and Laptops included there should be ZERO reason that you don't have a simple photo of the "dead" Critter.

I've bought from Ben's Reptile auctions and when I was in a different state, my room-mate had a DOA. They ACCEPTED cell phone quality photos and she KEPT the body till the photos were sent and they approved her credit. So the fact they took cell phone quality photos gives you NO excuses not to have taken a simple picture.

If I lived close to Ben's store, like you apparently do, I'd have quickly taken the animal back to the store when I saw first signs of any illness. If nothing was done, which I highly doubt would be the issue, I'd have taken the poor sick guy to a vet. There is no reason for this critter not to have seen a vet when it "got" sick.

Ben and his staff have always been so understanding and helpful when I come to them, and this has all been via computer... as I'm not really a phone person, and everything been explained or handled quickly. So if you had called, they WOULD have done something not wait till the "sick" animal had died.

You left his store with a $1000 animal for ONLY $100, yet you say you could have left with the animal WITHOUT paying anything. If this had been the case, would you still have asked for a replacement animal or try to get $1000 from him?? I think the reason you left the store with the reptile and put a down-payment on it, was so you could come back and ask for money or a replacement reptile.

I PERSONALLY, would never ask for a reptile without paying for everything in full... no matter how trusted I was by the seller. It just would not feel right in my mind, and I wouldn't feel like it was my pet/baby. My Reptiles are my family, if one is showing signs of sickness they go to a vet... even if they're under a warranty. I'd call/email the seller first, and ask what they want to before I go... cause some might even cover the vet bill if it can be proven it was sick when it left their place or happened during shipping.

If the seller offers ANY type of health or Live animal warranty; you should know, as you've been in business for years apparently, to keep the body or to provide photos.

The fact you are bringing up a VERY touchy and emotional issue for Ben, his staff and everyone else involved... this just makes me never do any type of business with you. I have been bullied before and I don't like seeing it done to people who are not in a state to be bullied. There is something wrong with you, if you even think it is okay to bully and threaten them with an issue you know nothing about; but what media has said. Grow up.

I read the other BOI as well, I was going to comment till I saw the time-stamp and decided not to... now I wish I had since I saw that well before this one showed up.

Sorry felt I had to add in my few cents.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
i should have taken pictures, gone to the vet, and I dont know what else you can creatively come up with..
yes, you should have as that is standard procedure. Animal is getting 'sicker' then it should go to the vet. Animal dies, you take photos or return the body.

Quote:
why is this so difficult for you to understand without clouding the issue with after the fact situations.
because you haven't offered any kind of proof.

Quote:
I dont know what Bens problem was that day. I specifically told Ben, that I would pay whatever HE paid for the skink so he would not loose any money and I would walk away with a clear mind.. His only concern was for the $ 900 and his 7 day guarantee... That left me no options.
someone stuck to their TOS? wow imagine that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel View Post
ON ANOTHER NOTE TO THE MODS------i posted the emails completely unaltered. In a couple of them I believe I posted my private number. Is there a way to black that out. If not-I understand.
I did not see your number in those emails but regardless, we do not edit posts on the BOI.

On another note, to all - the discussion of the recent tragedy that happened at Ben's shop is in no way relevent to this thread and off topic. Do not discuss that in this thread.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
Teatime
There is a camera on almost every device I own -- laptop, cell phone, tablet, digital camera, video camera, etc. And many of them are within 5 feet of me right now. In this day and age there's really no excuse for not being able to get even a simple picture of anything.

Or did Jerry think that Ben & crew would just take his word for it? Because if I bought a car on a payment plan and it blew up completely on its own, the owner would totally take my word for it without any proof. That happens.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #40
AbsoluteApril
(oops I do see the number Ben, missed it in the first read. but again, we can't alter the posts, sorry)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!