Bad Guy D&M REPTILE RESCUE - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #31
kouneli
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreptilerescue View Post
yes the torts cage was dirty it was cleaning day what do you expect when they walk all over there food
Isn't it pretty much a well known fact that fruits/veggies/greens should be removed after 4 hours of not being eaten? That looks like at least a couple of weeks' worth of food laying there in the pen.

What about the tegu in the enclosure baking in the sun?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
mikew1234
If someone has gone to the authorities before, it seems nothing was done or learned if it's happening again?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #33
C.Gillis
Also I was wondering why you think once a week is enough? We have well over 300 animals we care for (most of them feeder rats) in our home. My enclosures can not wait a week to be cleaned. The rats have to be done up to 3 times a weeks, the monitors almost every day, the snakes get cleaned as soon as they poop or shed and we check on everything twice a day. My home doesn't smell bad, my animals are healthy and there are only two of us to do all of this while raising children and working full time. If you can't keep up with your animals, you shouldn't have them well meaning rescue or not.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaurdammit View Post
he said I would get paid and use time doing the work to get a snake
Quote:
I do all this rescue work out of my own pocket, no grant money or large donations given too us.

It seems to me as if the OP was going to use the payment she expected to receive plus bartering work done for a snake.
Operating expenses may not completely (or perhaps at all) out of dm's pocket, he is allegedly spending critters to pay for work.
It would be interesting to find out what kind of 'adoption fees' are requested of potential adopters. Is this actually a pet shop masquerading as a rescue?

Quote:
this is the second time the person went to the authorities instead of us
I would think that if one walked in on a situation where the conditions appeared to be harmful to the critters involved, one would not wait to hear the spin given by those who put the critters in such conditions. I think the alarm sounded by the OP was justified.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #35
dinosaurdammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I would think that if one walked in on a situation where the conditions appeared to be harmful to the critters involved, one would not wait to hear the spin given by those who put the critters in such conditions. I think the alarm sounded by the OP was justified.
normal boas are like 200 bucks but he wanted to sell the true red tail for 400 but guess what? red tail died and it took a while of digging around in the "set up" to realize the true red tail was "missing", after a min or so he said "well i guess it was the true red tail that died", I responded "howd it die?"- his? "sometimes it just happens". There is a 100 dollar surrender fee that is suppose to go to vet care, I called the orange grove and every other herp vet in tucson, no one has seen him in quite a long time and even orange grove said the place was bad. It has gotten so many reports and people rather than dropping them off there actually drive all the way to phoenix (two hours) to surrender them to the herp rescue there stating how bad it is. He doesnt use any of the money to give the animals any vet care, you can ask charlotte (cgills) that the iggy in question has been seen for quite a while and "at the tucson reptile expo he brings in the sick animals." Said by Debbie at the herp rescue in phoenix. I can try and get her to give testimonial though she is rather busy, I have also asked Dr. James L. Jarchow to also write here although I am sure he is busy as well.

The 100 dollars isnt used towards vet care, the food is donated by whole foods. There is enough aquariums to sell to feed a small army so I dont understand why the animals are in so poor of condition. All the snakes are emaciated or have RI's. The beardie had ONE lamp and was in my opinion too small for it. The tegu is far too small and emaciated. There is no place for it to hide in the sun and uv cannot go through glass.

The phoenix herp rescue has offered their hand in taking all animals at a moments notice and giving them the vet care they need. THEY NEED VET CARE- NOW. The carpet pythons felt like panty hose, their skin all saggy and they were so light it didnt feel like a real animal. They were thin and he said he got them from a guy who died, and thats probably true but how all four are so thin with bad skin and dehydrated is beyond me. Its perfect for an egyptian Uromastyx /maaayyybe/ but not rainforest animals. The boas are similar. One boa is so badly thin you can see every bone in her, her tail especially which is a shame because she is a beautiful animal.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #36
dinosaurdammit
I forgot to add he just uses captured pack rats from the desert to feed the snakes, so thats no good either. I cannot edit my above post to add this and i just thought about it.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
AGoodwin
when I looked at the website, it said adoption fees were between $50 - $300. That is on TOP of the $100 he already got when the owner surrendered the animal.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodwin View Post
when I looked at the website, it said adoption fees were between $50 - $300. That is on TOP of the $100 he already got when the owner surrendered the animal.
If he is not taking the critters to the vet, and if the food and supplies are donated, and if he gets people to do work in exchange for critters, AND if he is getting all that cash, I bet the IRS would love to take a little look at his operation after all the animal welfare organizations get through with him.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #39
C.Gillis
David a group of us that live in the Tucson area would like to come by your rescue facility and see the conditions for ourselves. Can you please return our emails and phone calls? We are truly concerned about the welfare of these animals and we can help find them proper homes and I will donate rats to help feed them if you're overwhelmed. May we take pictures of your animals and enclosures if she isn't telling the truth? I let her take pictures of my animals when she visited my home. Can you prove that anything the OP is saying isn't true?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #40
C.Gillis
and can we see vet receipts for the animals you charged $100 to be dropped off there?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!