Ball idiots......(sorry, another ball rant) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:42 AM   #31
NEWReptiles
Not sure yet. I am going to be driving just incase I see something I would like to work with. The buying will have to be put on the back burner until a few more clutches hatch.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #32
NEWReptiles
Quote:
More people "newbies" should go and learn from the big boys.
This is so true, I'm one who learned from bugging the "big breeders" with question after question. But I will admit, a great deal of what is in my head came from trial and error over the last few years.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:46 AM   #33
btaylor
I hear ya. What do you have cooking? Any female pied hets?
Bt

Old 06-03-2004, 01:48 AM   #34
btaylor
I've learned more from trial and error also - but Ralph Davis is the KING. Always there to answer questions even if you have never bought a animal from him. Nigel and Gail are awesome as well!
BT

Old 06-03-2004, 01:53 AM   #35
NEWReptiles
Quote:
What do you have cooking? Any female pied hets?
I wish, so far just a few pastels, 1 clutch from het x het ghost, and a couple from het x poss het albino. The possible het albinos were also bred by my albino male, so I will sit with my fingers crossed for another couple months.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:57 AM   #36
Seamus Haley
Reading comprehension not a real strong point for you two tonight or what?

Quote:
Snakes do not eat only when they are hungry or when they *should* ingest prey to maintain a healthy calorie intake, they frequently eat simply because food has become avaliable.
Are you going to argue that snakes will NOT take items which are instinctively reccognized as prey? That feeding responses and associated triggers do not exist? There are some periods of time when certain species aren't going to be inclined to feed but discounting those situations, boids are ambush predators, they grab when the grabbing is good- it is up to a keeper to regulate prey intake and ensure that they do not get too much OR too little.

Quote:
It is possible to powerfeed an animal to an unhealthy level.
Do you disagree with that statement? Are you making a contention that those five foot two year old animals some people are breeding with the pinheads and fatty liver disease and renal failure are healthy... or that the problems are NOT a result of being overfed?

Quote:
Offering food too frequently and allowing the animal's instincts to dictate their intake is not going to be healthy long term. Much better to use a healthy schedule and modify the feeding regime based on the age, weight, breeding condition, gender and general health of the animal than to say "Offer it food constantly, when it eats, it needed it." that's just as bad as advice suggesting NOT to feed until an animal deficates.
Did I specifically accuse either of you two of offering food too frequently or criticize either of your feeding schedules? While it has become evident that neither of you can understand written english I would still place you in the category of offering food as is appropriate to maintain a healthy caloric intake. Both of you claim to have enough experience with the animals to know what a healthy animal looks like and how often and how much should be fed to maintain them in that condition... Why would you choose to think those comments were direct criticisms of YOU? They were general statements about possibilities and there was no reason to assume they were directed at any given individual's husbandry.

As a simple experiment for the brain trust here (Seriously now, if we want to start throwing around credentials, you two jokers haven't got any more than any other backyard amateur)- you say your animals are fed every five days and maintain a healthy weight... Great, I'm NOT saying there is anything wrong with that because I have not seen your animals... Take one or two of those animals on a five day feeding schedule and bump it up to every three days. Or every other day. You let me know if they still take food when it's offered in an identical manner in every way except frequency. My bet is that they'd probably feed every three more often than not... Of course, you don't feed every three... Why not? Because they don't NEED it, it would be power feeding and would cause health problems... WHICH IS ALL I WAS SAYING WAS A POSSIBILITY TO BEGIN WITH.

Damn, so busy patting one another on the back that neither of you took the time to understand a bloody thing I wrote before arguing with it.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:06 AM   #37
NEWReptiles
Seamus.......

Quote:
Ball idiots......(sorry, another ball rant)
Above you will see the topic.

Show me some pinhead balls.......

Quote:
Seriously now, if we want to start throwing around credentials, you two jokers haven't got any more than any other backyard amateur
Seamus, your a jackass, and I would have no problem matching wits with you on this species.....

Old 06-03-2004, 02:09 AM   #38
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Damn, so busy patting one another on the back that neither of you took the time to understand a bloody thing I wrote before arguing with it.
As you pointed out, I'm a pretty slow guy, so I just skim through your well thought out posts and reply as I see fit.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:10 AM   #39
btaylor
We are not talking about certain species - we are talking about bp's. Your damn right I'll argue bp's won't feed every time food is offered. If that was the case - nobody would have problems getting wc bp's to eat. Once again - talking about bp's - powerfeeding is BS - answer my questions - off fed during breeding season - females gaining 1/3 of their body weight back. I have tried offfering sub adults every 3 days just to get that little bit of extra weight on before breeding season - doesn't work with bp's - does with burms and retics not BP's. I understood everthing you were saying and IMO your full of <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>! and don't understand bp's.
BT

Old 06-03-2004, 02:14 AM   #40
btaylor
AL-
Gotta get back to work - Chat tomorrow? I wouldn't waste your time with this jackass. Later
BT

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!