Escaped snake kills two children in New Brunswick - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
Shadera
Thanks for sharing, Joe. Since I wasn't up that early, I've been looking for video of the interview and have come up with nada. I did manage to catch a couple minutes of Jeff Corwin's "expert" opinion last night though.

Are any of us surprised that anything other than, 'the snake did it' isn't being given a fair shake? They want the snake to be the cause, because that's way more exciting than any other ol' crime scene and must be fantastic for advertisers and ratings.

Is there anything at all we can do to get an opposing side out there in the media? USARK and a couple others have issued statements, but if you're not subscribed to them on facebook you won't see it. It's not fair to be muzzled like this, and we shouldn't roll over and allow it to happen. There's got to be a way to first of all, express sincere condolences to the humans, and secondly voice the questions that need to be answered.

I see so much hate being directed at reptile people out there. If this were regarding race, it would be shut down. But since it's a species that the bible fingered as evil long ago, things are a-ok.

So sad today.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #32
lovin2act
Wow, why am I not freaking surprised a news org would do that.

Anger.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #33
hughjass5976
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
Anger.
This. The fact that no other opinion is even given a chance is just dumb. I can't say that I expected any better of our fantastic news agencies....

Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #34
KORBIN5895
I would like to reiterate that there were bite marks according to the news up here.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
KORBIN5895
I am listening to Cbc radio and a zoo keeper from moncton is in there removing animals.... illegal animals. Poorly kept animals too.

He sounds knowledgeable. Thankfully he is promoting education and that certain animals shouldn't be kept but most herps are a okay.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I would like to reiterate that there were bite marks according to the news up here.
Weird that this has been somewhat under reported in all the stories if in fact true. Have you ever been tagged by a python? Or seen someone tagged by one? Ever notice how much bleeding takes place even from an average sized snake? Now take one the size of this Afroc and think of the injury it would cause if it bit you. Ever seen in some of those python hunter shows when a guy gets tagged by a big boy, they need stiches, they bleed a ton, have gaping holes in their flesh, and it is beyond obvious they were bitten. So if this python killed those kids to eat, it would stand to reason that the scene would almost be a blood bath you would think. Even if bitten through clothes. Most people sleep in pretty light clothing for bed and not a pair of jeans, but even with jeans I would think a big pythons teeth would go right through and cause a ton of bleeding. I would think that would be a huge thing mentioned in these reports, but there is hardly anything. Something just seems really off with this whole ordeal.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
KORBIN5895
You're right Markus! It must be the Illuminati or maybe even aliens.

Anyway here is the link to the donations for those want want to help. I can't find the proper page from my phone but try this.
https://m.facebook.com/1084800658697...start&refid=17

Old 08-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #38
lovin2act
I wish it was haha!

Old 08-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Are any of us surprised that anything other than, 'the snake did it' isn't being given a fair shake? They want the snake to be the cause, because that's way more exciting than any other ol' crime scene and must be fantastic for advertisers and ratings.
News reporting is usually horrible and one sided when it comes to reptiles. They don't want to hear, Yeah they bite hard, They want to hear, It's bite can cave a grown mans skull in. Blah!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #40
Arachno
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
A message from founder Jay Brewer regarding his televised interview this morning:
Typical mainstream media idiots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!