pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #31
Beyond the Web
BTW Dave, I responded with the truth because I am new to this reptile hobby. I am an amateur. Everyone knows that. But don't make me feel like an idiot when all I'm trying to do is learn from those who are experienced (like yourself). Please, respect the fact that I am here to learn, ask questions and in no way be a threat to the hobby. This has become a bit of a nuissance, and I'd appreciate it if you treat me with a little decent common courtesy and respect. I ask this, in the most nicest way possible.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:23 PM   #32
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
Dave, that pic was real. It was of a shipment I received via fedex, the sender must have not had regular tape, and used Delta tape instead.
Now I have to back up a couple of steps.

pete, did you not post that picture of the cups with delta tape on them and intimate that YOU were using delta to ship? Or that you HAD in the past used delta?

I don't recall ANY mention of those cups being from another seller and not belonging to you.

pete, maybe you should just start all over.

Damn, now I just don't know what to think.

You see pete, if you were implying that you used delta and haven't, that's a lie. If you were implying that you were GOING to use delta by posting those cups, and you weren't, THAT'S another lie.

pete, you will see VERY little, actuall NONE would be more accurate, tolerance for liars.

Part of me wants to believe you just got in over your head and you did some really stupid things.

But part of me, the part I listen to, says there is JUST something not quite right as yet.

I reckon time will let it out.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #33
Beyond the Web
Yes, I lied for my own protection. For my own safety. And most of all, I panicked (sp?). I lied about Delta tapes, the truth has been revealed. Everyone who reads this thread knows it. And I will continue to answer your questions, as I now know they will never stop. However, repeating myself is getting a little tiring.

I have apologized for what I did, can you hold this against me for my entire life? Some people just don't let it go, despite all of my attempts to make this right. I cannot change the past and I cannot do much more to correct my wrong.

I understand people will hold this against me for my entire life, so be it. I can only continue and learn, but I cannot stop the continued nuissance. For some, this doesn't change anything. I am aware of that. There's nothing else I can do to change this.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #34
Sasheena
Pete, I would suggest answering any questions asked here, 'fessing up to any other "mistruths" you've spoken, continue on with what you are doing, and if you ARE turning that new leaf, learning the ropes, and whatever, and DO act as a good person and not as a "bad guy" then time will heal this error on your part.

The converse is of course also true... if you are really a "bad guy" that will also come out in the end. I applaud your attempts to remain civil and answer questions. This stands very highly in your favor. You simply need to have the patience and the fortitude to "take your medicine" and wait for things to get better. Making an error like the one you made could have become disastrous, luckily it did NOT, but you still have to weather the storm.

I, for one, would like to believe in your true repentance and in spite of whatever fuzzy bugs crawling around in whoever's tummy, am willing to see what the future holds and withhold judgement until I see you prove yourself as good or bad guy.

Happy New Year

Old 01-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #35
Suncoast Herpetological
I second that.

Pete

I want to second what both Mike and Sasheena have stated. Just answer the questions put honestly and resist the urge to react defensively. I stated in the other thread that you definitely seemed like someone who would be an asset to the online community. You screwed up and are now willing to take the heat. That speaks volumes regarding your character. Your recent responses support my earlier belief. The inquisition will end sooner if you continue on your present path.

Old 01-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #36
Wilomn
It's more like this pete.

I feel like every two days there is a new twist to your story. It seems that facts are still coming out that you did not disclose intially.

It's disappointing to just get to the point where I think someone has come clean about something and then find out there are more details that have not been brought to light.

Personally, I don't hold what you did against you. So far as I know you're a first time offender. Prideful and panicky and therefore a little less than honest. Or so you have stated. I can comprehend that.

I just don't like saying to someone, " ok, that's it right? no more little bits of fact that might be brought out later that you want to deal with now? No? Ok, then let's move on" and then finding out that there ARE more little bits that are very relevant that have NOT been disclosed. It's another form of lying, isn't it? And you have said you won't be doing that anymore.

Beating around the bush, answering without answering, alluding to without commiting to, these are all well and good if you're a preacher or a politician.

If your goal is to be a preacher, have at it and happy trails to you. You certainly seem to have the fundaments down. Hmmmmm, same applies if you're aspiring to a political career as well.

Good guys don't lie. They don't panic because they have done nothing that they KNOW/KNEW was wrong.

pete, you seem like you want to be a good guy. But there's all this baggage that is unclaimed but still has your I.D. tags on it, you know what I mean. It's not us persicuting you, heh heh heh, but you yourself not having cleaned up the mess you made that leads back to the beginning time and again.

It seems the fault lies more with you for this than with anyone else. If there are more details, more snakes, more shipping, more anything that could concievably come back to haunt you from this you may want to clear it up now.

Some of us do have very long memories. We do though remember good as well as bad. How you are remembered is up to you and how you handle yourself more than what some of us ask you.

Old 01-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #37
Beyond the Web
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
Pete, I would suggest answering any questions asked here, 'fessing up to any other "mistruths" you've spoken, continue on with what you are doing, and if you ARE turning that new leaf, learning the ropes, and whatever, and DO act as a good person and not as a "bad guy" then time will heal this error on your part.

The converse is of course also true... if you are really a "bad guy" that will also come out in the end. I applaud your attempts to remain civil and answer questions. This stands very highly in your favor. You simply need to have the patience and the fortitude to "take your medicine" and wait for things to get better. Making an error like the one you made could have become disastrous, luckily it did NOT, but you still have to weather the storm.

I, for one, would like to believe in your true repentance and in spite of whatever fuzzy bugs crawling around in whoever's tummy, am willing to see what the future holds and withhold judgement until I see you prove yourself as good or bad guy.

Happy New Year
I have done wrong. And now I have come forward. I am willing to answer any further questions. It is unfortunate that a small percentage of Fauna members continue to try and "use a shovel and dig my grave."

I do, however, must thank everyone else who have e-mailed me, PM-ed me in order to advise me and help me through by placing their trust in me. I very much appreciate you.

Old 01-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #38
Beyond the Web
Actually....

Quote:
Beating around the bush, answering without answering, alluding to without commiting to, these are all well and good if you're a preacher or a politician.

If your goal is to be a preacher, have at it and happy trails to you. You certainly seem to have the fundaments down. Hmmmmm, same applies if you're aspiring to a political career as well.
A political career is indeed something I'd like to pursue, you read me just like a book. I find this a little humorous, and not in a bad sense. Politics is one of my favorite subjects, I must say.

I have cooperated to this extent, and will continue to do so as I said earlier. I do expect that this will never end, it may take years. Who knows! But I can say one thing at this point: I feel that I have answered everything that has been questioned to this point, let the questions continue to emerge. I will continue to answer them. This "spotlight" you mentioned, isn't all that bright after all.

For the record, my friends. I have no illegal snakes or further transactions, with the exception of what could be the Cal Kingsnake I just adopted from a neglectful owner. You can read that thread at the following link:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=60584

If being kind to a neglected living, breathing animal is a crime, that is something beyond my control. After Wes mentioned the fishing license, I will now pursue the acquisition of such permit. If this forum had not existed, I would not have known of the many legalities that have been brought forward. Thank you to those who have done so appropriately.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #39
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
I have done wrong. And now I have come forward. I am willing to answer any further questions. It is unfortunate that a small percentage of Fauna members continue to try and "use a shovel and dig my grave."
Come on Pete, let's get it straight. The only reason the questions were being asked again and again is because you didn't answer them the first time, or if you did it wasn't the truth. You were the one with the shovel, and every time you told a lie you dug a little deeper. Stop placing the blame on anyone else.

When you made your apology I made a post shortly after yours, if you didn't already maybe you should read it. (#226) It was after that you stated you had the "only One sidewinder" and I remembered your other post that stated you had some others brumating, (Sorry, but I have an excellent memory) so I asked the question. You choose to ignore the question so I asked it again.

Pete, being here on Fauna is like being in a relationship. How long would you want to be in a relationship with someone who lies to you. Now say that person apologizes and asks for a second chance. Would you trust that person unconditionally or would they have to earn your trust prior to you trusting them again? Like I said in my post after your apology, I hope you choose to stick around.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #40
Beyond the Web
Dave, you're absolutely correct - but can you blame me for panicking after everyone threw in the legalities of what was done? I was at fault, I knew that then and I know that now, as you have decided to bring up the subject quite frequently.

Now I must ask you this, will you continue to bring up the issue in future threads? And if so, what are your intentions for doing so?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!