Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset - Michael Barrera - Sick Animals - Terrible Condition - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #31
MrTPlush
No, please stop with false speculation. Snakes at Sunset was not the cheapest.

My belief is they don't need live food(like many others) so there was no concern putting it on sand.

I have been given my full refund and I will not be speaking on thr matter unless it is legitimate questions. I will not respond to ridiculous speculation by others. The BOI is not for you to put words in my mouth or make up the story yourself.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #32
MrTPlush
BigAppleHerps claims to treat internally and externally.

Regarding eating live food I am not arguing that in this BOI thread. That is way off topic. Feel free to PM if you'd like to further that conversation.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #33
EdwardK
At the moment I have no need to speculate as I'm focused on what you have actually said and how it has changed when challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTPlush View Post
No, please stop with false speculation. Snakes at Sunset was not the cheapest.

My belief is they don't need live food(like many others) so there was no concern putting it on sand.

I have been given my full refund and I will not be speaking on thr matter unless it is legitimate questions. I will not respond to ridiculous speculation by others. The BOI is not for you to put words in my mouth or make up the story yourself.
For me to put words in your mouth, you would have had to not say them... but the quotes I provided in the posts above show that you clearly did say them... and they were left in context.

This is a valid route of inquiry as one of the fundamental roots of the issue has been the question of suitable care both pre and post shipping and who knew what and we have confirmation that you were basing at least of some of your facts on bad information. Changing a claim of fact to a belief indicates that you are unable to justify the claim.

As for speculation, you have repeatedly presented the claims against the vendor as fact but when your claims of facts are shown to be an issue, you refuse to both accept that you were wrong in stating them as facts.

some comments

Ed

Old 08-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #34
MrTPlush
Find me the direct quote where I said I took the lowest price. Not to mention with that the member seemed to be inferring I am cheap. I don't have time for that kind of false speculation.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
but there is no excuse his employees can't tell how seriously poor(and obvious) this iguana's health is.
If it was that obvious you should have taken it to the vet right away. They suggested heat, but you were there. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either it was seriously ill in which case you should have taken it to a vet immediately, or it was not, which means that it may have become ill in your care.

By the way, critters don't ingest sand only from eating live food. If they carry and drop some nice piece of greens or almost anything else, sand can stick to it and they can ingest it when they pick up the morsel and swallow it.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #36
snakesareawesome
Mr. Johnson, nearly every BOI thread will be subjected to rigorous screening and questions. Unfortunately, if you search, you will soon see that one or both initial sides of a story are not the whole picture and often details are omitted or enhanced in some way or another.

As a side issue, Ed took the time to dig up some citations for you, if you feel he is wrong, then can you state which publications you based your opinion on? I think that might go a ways toward reassuring the reading audience that animals in your care will receive the very best, well researched care they can get. I don't have an opinion either way, so no dog in that fight.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #37
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
You didn't buy from the other places, probably because Snakes at Sunset was cheaper right? If the other places treated for external/internal parasites, why didn't you buy from them?
Since you're claiming I put words in your mouth, show me in the quote above where I stated that definitively that was your reasoning. I said "probably" and stated it as a question. Your defensive responses speak volumes. So, if you knew these other suppliers treated their animals AND were cheaper, why did you not go with them?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #38
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Find me the direct quote where I said I took the lowest price. Not to mention with that the member seemed to be inferring I am cheap. I don't have time for that kind of false speculation.
I don't believe looking for a lower price makes someone cheap. I was a buyer/negotiator for years and I assure you some of the richest business owners demand to pay the lowest price possible. It's being frugal, not cheap, I was suggesting that maybe the other suppliers pricing would be higher, because they had to absorb the cost of the parasite treatment. Wanting a good deal doesn't make someone cheap, it makes them smart! Provided they've made sure they are comparing apples to apples...

Old 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #39
MrTPlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
Since you're claiming I put words in your mouth, show me in the quote above where I stated that definitively that was your reasoning. I said "probably" and stated it as a question. Your defensive responses speak volumes. So, if you knew these other suppliers treated their animals AND were cheaper, why did you not go with them?
No, your question was wrong and fishing for something. There was absolutely nothing to hint I went with the cheapest price. Saying probably is ridiculous when you have nothing to back it up. My defensive response doesn't speak volumes. I am going to be defensive when someone comes into a BOI and starts making ridiculous "probably" statements that are aimed at me that can't be backed up. Your comment that you disguised as a question should have never been made.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #40
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
No, your question was wrong and fishing for something. There was absolutely nothing to hint I went with the cheapest price. Saying probably is ridiculous when you have nothing to back it up. My defensive response doesn't speak volumes. I am going to be defensive when someone comes into a BOI and starts making ridiculous "probably" statements that are aimed at me that can't be backed up. Your comment that you disguised as a question should have never been made.
As I explained, the "probably cheaper" was based on the understanding that the seller would have to absorb the costs of the tests, causing the animal to be more expensive. You're making a lot of assumptions about my intentions, while telling me to stop making assumptions about yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!