Northern Berks Reptile Show? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #31
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
Jim, were you at the show?
Sadly, circumstances conspired to prevent me from travelling for the show. I do plan to be at the next one, in October.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #32
Matt Haines
We may hit the October one. All depends on the circumstances and if we are relocated to a different state. I think we had more people grab business cards than dragons. A lot of people looking and coming back several times but not many takers. Next time I will set the prices a little lower to start.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #33
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
Almost forgot. How did you like your first show Traci? Snakes do pretty well at Hamburg.
It was a positive experience, even if not from a sales standpoint. I sold lots of used and new supplies but as far as the corn snakes, mostly only my "out of the egg" and non feeders (cheaper ones) sold. I did sell a real nice amel from candy cane parents for $25 that had just shed and fed for the first time the day before, but the rest were less than that.

I had nice "neigbhors" on either side of me, and talked with nice people, met an on-line friend for the first time, and it was my birthday. So overall it was a good day for me. Don't know how soon I will do it again, but I will some time.

It was extremely HOT in there!! Whew!

Old 08-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #34
Matt Haines
The heat isn't so bad at the beginning but once the people start pouring in the heat rises exponentially. We brought little fans so it wasn't so bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!