Did we create a monster? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 AM   #31
nydrgnldy
Paul.
If he is talking about you...Let him be jealous because thats all it is pur jealousy. You have a beutifu website and beautiful animals...Love that Blazzing Blizz....You are well known here you are not the type of person to hide what you have and you wroked hard to get what you have don't let him make you think twice about it.
Robin

Old 02-07-2006, 02:45 AM   #32
Repti
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Simon, you said in your first post that you weren't going to name WHO it was/is that you're referring to, but since I fit all of your criteria (well, except for your claim that you "know" what is going on in the back of "his" head... crap, even I don't know what's going on back there half the time...) I can't help but think that you're referring to me. Even if you're not, your implication that someone who does fit the criteria is a "monster" is still offensive.

If you are including yourself in the "we" part of this thread's title, then my answer (assuming you're referring to me) to your question, "Have we created a monster?" is NO. YOU had nothing to do with my interest and endeavour into leopard geckos. That I am quite sure of.

As far as a company name, well I think creating one, regardless of what it is, is a wise decision. I think company names are a lot easier to remember than personal names, but I also think it's a lot easier to remember BOTH if they're related somehow. Thus, the name of my website. I'd hardly call it a "company" name, though. When I'm looking to buy an animal from someone, I like to have the reassurance provided by a seller's willingness to be up front and honest about their name. I imagine that most other buyers feel the same way, and that is why I use my full name for everything. If and when people see something I post or advertise, I don't want there to be any doubt or confusion as to WHO I am. Tell me, is that something a "monster" would do?
wow everybody! stop! please! This post is not about somebody in particular. I'm not jealous of Paul or anybody else. Don't give me intentions I don't have! please!

I did not say that you were a monster paul... no at all!

Before this discussion goes a bit too far, I "close it". Everything as been said.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:22 AM   #33
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti
wow everybody! stop! please! This post is not about somebody in particular. I'm not jealous of Paul or anybody else. Don't give me intentions I don't have! please!

I did not say that you were a monster paul... no at all!
Okay, before you were saying "keep the opinions coming!", and now that the majority seems to disagree with you, you want it to stop.

Even if this thread was not about someone in particular, do you understand how and why it has offended "someone in particular?" As far as I'm concerned, you DID say I'm a "monster" since you basically defined what constituted being a "monster" and I just so happen to fit a substantial amount of your criteria. If you want to think I'm a monster, that's fine, I don't care. But I thought it looked like you were singling me out and criticizing me for how I do certain things. I read a lot on the leo forum, and I couldn't think of anyone else whom you might have been referring to.

Quote:
Before this discussion goes a bit too far, I "close it". Everything as been said
This whole thread started off "a bit too far."

Old 02-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #34
StinaUIUC
Quote:
Don't give me intentions I don't have! please!
ummmmm.....seems to me that's what you've been doing to everyone that's started a website before having animals to sell.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:50 AM   #35
PaulSage
Wait a minute...

Simon, you said: (I added the emphasis)
Quote:
4. We is everybody, I, myself, breed leopard geckos for quite a bit of time. I consider my generation of breeders as we. Because we sold to everybody(which is very normal!) but those who bought geckos, started to built website, and giving thereself like "company" names(ex: little blue thing Reptiles ). We were not acting like that 2-3 years ago. who cares anyway, juste my old imagination!

Thanks again very much for everybody's opinion! It must be me! I'm too old school!
Simon
...which made me think that you're at least my age if not "a generation" older. I know a lot of younger people are into leopard geckos, and I think that's just swell. I have no issues with kids, adolescents, minors, etc. being interested in reptiles. There's a lot that ANYONE can learn from them. So part of my reaction to your post was that you were complaining that us newbies and young'ns weren't following the paths that experienced breeders had followed.

...but on your website it says you still live at home with your parents:

Now, maybe I'm just the one being "old school" here, but I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18. You're not any older than I am, are you? So tell me again, just who is in "your generation". I'm not attacking you for being young or for any other reason, I'm just trying to figure out what on Earth prompted you to start (and word) this thread the way you did, and what justifies the criteria you've listed as being unusual to your generation.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #36
Dennis Hultman
Dang Paul, You beat me to it! But here is my take anyway.

Quote:
That's what I find not normal. I mean, people wanna be "big breeders" real fast. Although many are saying that they do it for the hobby, I know that behind their minds, some of them want to do it for the money. Anyway thanks to everybody that asnwered the thread! Keep the opinions coming!!
Simon, You have to be kidding.

Quote:
Why do first year breeder already have a website and an available page when they did not even had any eggs in their life...

Maybe i'm too old school! Anyway, what are your toughts about that! Sorry if my post is not clear, i'm not that familiar with english.

Simon
Quote:
4. We is everybody, I, myself, breed leopard geckos for quite a bit of time. I consider my generation of breeders as we. Because we sold to everybody(which is very normal!) but those who bought geckos, started to built website, and giving thereself like "company" names(ex: little blue thing Reptiles ).
Your site
http://www.freewebs.com/gccaptivebred/index.htm

Your Company

Quote:
Welcome to G.C. Captive Bred
This is a link on your page.
Quote:
Our Facilities
A quote from you
Quote:
Due to the fact that we are living at our parents' houses we are limited to what they will let us keep

Some facility. To apply your same logic, why would you put a link on your site that says "our facilities", if you were not trying to portray yourself in the future as a "Big Breeder" ? Are you getting a little ahead of yourself?
Quote:
Giambi, our male tangerine albino is also 100% het for patternless. By breeding him to 2 beautiful patternless 100% het for albino, we hope to produce our own line of tremper patternless albinos by the end of 2006.
Using your same logic,
That's nice but you haven't produced them yet. Did you tell everyone because you want to get your name out there for future reference?

Matter of fact, why would you even bother having a projects page (by your logic), if not to get your name out? Why on your available page would you also use the terms
Quote:
Available and Potential Offspring
If you don't even have the eggs yet?
By having a site are you going to be the next "big breeder"

Kind of sounds silly, does it not? Can you understand why some may take offense to your post?

To me there seems something wrong and
Quote:
not normal. I mean, people wanna be "big breeders" real fast. Although many are saying that they do it for the hobby, I know that behind their minds, some of them want to do it for the money.
for someone who is in business telling newcomers
Quote:
I know that behind their minds, some of them want to do it for the money

Those who do something for the love of it, do not normally think others have less then desirable intentions. Unless, they have the same intentions.

Quote:
Copyright © 2005 G.C. Captive Bred All Rights Reserved
Dang, you sound pretty important.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #37
PaulSage
Dennis, please don't hold it against me that I'm younger and quicker.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #38
nydrgnldy
Gee I hope Simon now realizes he has pretty much destroyed his own reputation. Let me see...... If I were going to buy leopard geckos.....And Simon had them for 1$ each..... heck they were Giant Hybinos even...and Paul had them for 500$ I know where my money would go...Paul!!!! hands down...Why....Trust!!!! ...he has always been honest and completely forthcoming......Now Simon on the other hand with his amazing facilities and all......Sorry but I just couldn't trust anything he said.
Robin

Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #39
raiquee
I love it when we find out stuff like this. It's like the whack a gopher game. GET BACK IN YOUR BURROW!

Old 02-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #40
ByRandom
Paul, I understand where you are coming from with being offended and everything. I was offended, and I've been keeping leopard geckos for many years now. However, I think this is getting a little out of hand.

Not that I'm siding with Simon, Paul, you know you have my full support. I'm glad you have said the things you have, and that goes to all of you, for the fact that I wasn't home until midnight lastnight (friggen working these crazy hours!).

But honestly, we all just need to let this one go. Simon made it harder for himself due to the fact that he wanted to criticize the "little guys". Duh.

However, nothing is going to come of everyone's tempers flaring and everyone getting huffy and puffy (No Paul, I'm not saying you're getting huffy nor puffy at all )

Let's just let this one go, 'eh? Lol

Them dern young'n's, ruin'n everything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!