Sunshinedragons - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #31
whiskersmom
Sunshine Dragons wrote:
Quote:
Oh we Forgot Sheri was unhappy on her post about her year old 728 gram -22" Male she just got a year ago. so unhappy she wrote she wasn't really concerned about adeno she just wanted to be kept up to date. We did that with the mass mailing with copies of e-mails from Vets, a top Ranked Ivy league Hospital data.
I am happy with Whiskers, I will never say I am unhappy, that's why I jumped at the chance to breed him. I wasn't overly concerned about Adeno because he is so healthy. But I'm not an expert and you never did tell me that you have Adeno in your facility. Going by my first email to you alone should tell you that I was concerned about having Adeno in my dragons, in fact, my first email to you states;

Hi, I was wondering if you had gotten back the results on the Adenovirus? I bought Whiskers from you last year, he was from Pyro and Studly, July 27th 2005.
I will be getting him tested if the results from you are positive, I would hate for him to have it and me not know, then unknowingly allow him around another dragon.

Thanks,
Sherri

I obviously wanted to know if your dragons had Adeno and you never told me......you just went on to offer me a baby to breed. Not for a pet, but to breed, to possibly create more babies with Adeno. How honorable are those intentions?
Even if you aren't in agreement with how this disease works, it is your duty to tell prospective buyers that these dragons could be infected with Adeno.....you keep dropping the ball on that and instead of owning up to it, you try to cast the light on others.
Bruce, Whiskers is a large, beautiful dragon that you produced but that still doesn't tell me what happened to his mother and it doesn't explain why you would offer me a baby whose father died of unknown causes.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #32
Brenda777
Sherris, you never got the test results about Pyro and Studly? Wouldn't the easy way of giving you peace of mind is for them to test them and show the results?

Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #33
Brenda777
To Sunshine dragons.
I keep hearing you can test to see if they have this disease. Instead of posting all this stuff why can't you just test your breeders? You say there is nothing wrong with your breeders then prove it instead of going back and forth. Test your breeders and post the papers proving it either way. Isn't this what every one wants including you, THE TRUTH. All this going back and forth is not helping you. The truth is the only way to prove if they are infected or not. Finding the truth is only a step away.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #34
whiskersmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda777
Sherris, you never got the test results about Pyro and Studly? Wouldn't the easy way of giving you peace of mind is for them to test them and show the results?
Yes it would be, but I've given up hope on that ever happening. I think Pyro is dead.
I'm going to have mine tested regardless of what I find out (if I find out anything) from Sunshine. After all this, I don't think I could trust the integrity of the test results.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #35
Brenda777
How much is it to test? After all this going on I am concerned about mine.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #36
clarinet45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriS

Brenda, see the thread on the bearded dragon discussion area of this board, that has the University Lab to contact for testing and cost under $25
It's worth it for the peace of mind.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #37
Brenda777
Thanks Sara, I will check into it.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #38
CheriS
Most of the personal stuff that is direcetd at me is only added to divert attention from the subject. I could care less what names he wants to call me or the Jr High School tactics, I've see far worse in private emails and it is not worth the effort, time, space or attention to him to address them.

These are as they do have a relationship to the selling of positve bearded dragons and what I think Bruce is setting up other breeders for.
Quote:
There are other upscale Credible Breeders that also do, and guess what, some of their test came back positive too.
I know of no other breeders that test positive that are selling. I do know some that are positive and as I said before, they are trying to clear their collections and not selling. We both know why they tested positive.

Quote:
You are even aware of many of them being uphappy with your unprofessional approach by an e-mail you intercepted.
What in the world are you talking about? I'm I now being accused of hacking into breeder's emails or am I hacking yours now too? You have forwarded me ANY email you can, that you think may prove your point or justify you selling infected animals like you claim they do, under any address you can since I have Sunshine Dragon's blocked, trying to drag them into this. Why? I think I know why and I wonder if they are aware you are doing that and claiming they sell infected dragons too? I will say it again, I know of no other breeders that are adenovirus positive and selling bearded dragons to the public knowingly.... but YOU.

Bruce, answer the thread starters questions. It's not that people are not reading what you say the first time, so you think they are stupid and need to repeat them, its they are not buying it. You have not answered the only two questions that the person who started this thread asked because she says she could not get a straight answer from you. She asked

Quote:
My questions are;

When did Bruce originally get the results of these tests?

Where is Pyro?
It was in September that you knew for sure this time. You knew those results for a month, that I know of, while you communicated with her and never told her.

Tell her the truth about Pyro, stop her wondering. It should come from you.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #39
Brenda777
I contacted the person that does the tests. This person is going on a vacation soon and had a lot of tests she is doing now until then. I was told they can send the tests to me. I wanted to let you know what this person told me about the questions I asked.

Hello Brenda,

No, your dragon does not have to be dead to be sure. I do fecal
samples for actual viewing on the electron Microscope. It is a test
procedure called negative stain. You can check our our lab
procedures at: http://treefrog.cvm.uiuc.edu Look under methods,
then methods again.

In this procedure, we are looking eyeballs right onto the screen at the
virus at 30-60,000 x magnification, we actually see and identify the
virus.

Positives, are positive, the virus has some pretty distinctive
characteristics. Negatives on the other hand, simply mean we don't see
it, or there is not enough virus to be of concentration to see it by
this method. But yes, if we report out positive, it's positive. What
this method will not tell you is the sub-species type of adeno virus.

Yes, the test is $23.45 per sample, I send you out a kit with
instructions, you send back overnight on ice pack. The fixative is
good for a year in the refrigerator. Once the sample is added, it
should however be shipped right away. Samples can be frozen for
several months. With multiple lizards or with waiting on them all to
defecate, one can freeze the sample in a ziplock bag until ready to
send, then put in fixative, mix and send back.

Now, this is bad timing, though I've been doing a run of dragons for 2
months, but once every 3 years I go on vacation for more than one day
at a time. Next monday I leave for 2 weeks. I'm the only one here in
my small department, and the only one doing the negative stain.

What I can do, is send you a kit, have you freeze the samples until
I get back. I will be back on Monday November 20th. Bad timing,
sorry about this coming out right when I go on vacation, I had asked
for the them for the time 1.5 years ago.

But I can send you a kit if you like, I would need to know your address
and phone number.

Thanks!

Lou Ann

Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #40
whiskersmom
Thank you Cheri. That is basically all I want to know, but I really doubt he is ever going to tell me.

As for this being a witch hunt orchestrated by CheriS, I take offense to that. I have a mind of my own and questions of my own. This was not a thread started by CheriS and now I feel responsible for you attacking her. Please, just answer the questions and leave her out of this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!