Classifieds section can ONLY be posted in by paid members as of 03/06/07 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Hmm, so what are you all up to, hmmmm?? I posted this change more than 24 hours ago and no one is bashing me yet because of it? This IS FaunaClassifieds, right? Or did I post this on the wrong site or something........
I don't possible know what someone could state about it. Give them free advertising or else? I think it would reflect poorly on them. I'm sure someone will think the world owes them something and will complain once they figure out there has been a change.

On a side-note, noticed earlier that someone already found a creative way to put up an ad without membership.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #32
Gary O
The reason I think it is a good idea is becuase you are not charging for something others help build. You are charging for them to advertise. Which IMO is something that should be done on a larger site that needs help paying the fees of hosting.

The BOI is something so many put time into. Ads is something one person places to gain themselves. I have nothing to gain posting that I had a great deal with so and so. I do that becuase I want to let everyone know who the good guys are, you know.

Rich you know i would state my opinion no matter what. I see this as a good thing man. Really I do not think you will get to many whiners lol

Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #33
Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Good call WebSlave.

I LOVE YOUR DOG!! It's soooo cute.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #34
cliff_f
Well this really pissed me off...at first, but after reading all the post and seeing everyones opinion on this I think this is probally a good thing. I am going to have to pay my $25 bucks and get a coin above my name. I really hope it cuts down on alot of the spamers. Someone was talking about Kingsnake being a $20 bucks a month to post, that comes out to $240 bucks a year, so really $25 isnt anything and even if I dont post much on the classifieds it is worth the money just to support a good site.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #35
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Hmm, so what are you all up to, hmmmm?? I posted this change more than 24 hours ago and no one is bashing me yet because of it? This IS FaunaClassifieds, right? Or did I post this on the wrong site or something........
Busy, busy week
so many things to do!
The leather has to be oiled
The chains have to be cleaned
A few of the whips need to be replaced
You know proper torture tools have to be maintained or they just don't hold up for a good a beating

Get back to us next week with some site altering change.....

Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #36
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff_f
Well this really pissed me off...at first, but after reading all the post and seeing everyones opinion on this I think this is probally a good thing. I am going to have to pay my $25 bucks and get a coin above my name. I really hope it cuts down on alot of the spamers. Someone was talking about Kingsnake being a $20 bucks a month to post, that comes out to $240 bucks a year, so really $25 isnt anything and even if I dont post much on the classifieds it is worth the money just to support a good site.

No. $20 is for a one-month account. Nothing was said that it was the same $20 per month price if you paid for an entire year. Not everyone who uses the KS classifieds wants or needs to shell out for an entire year's worth of time when they only have a couple things to sell or only want to sell for one season's worth of time. KS allows for a choice be it a 1-month, 3-month, 6-month or 12-month subscription...you pay only for what you need - not what you don't need.

1 Month Standard Classified Account $20.00
3 Months Standard Classified Account $35.00
6 Months Standard Classified Account $50.00
12 Months Standard Classified Account $100.00

You can if you want pay more for the fancy colors and what not with an enhanced account and they have a different set of fees for them.

And I really hope no one expects the pay-for-classifieds to cut down on scammers and thieves in a significant manner here on Fauna. Some of the small timers may be deterred, but not those who make big with their scams and can afford to pay for the classifieds. As long as they pay their bills, I'm sure Rich will let them keep posting their ads. I don't think he's gonna want the headache of trying to monitor the classifieds to keep them out. If anything it may even attract scammers to the site as it will cost them less to scam here on a per month basis than on KS.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
If anything it may even attract scammers to the site as it will cost them less to scam here on a per month basis than on KS.
:Let me get this straight, now. You honestly believe that now that there is a membership fee to post ads here, then the classifieds will now be MORE attractive to scammers than they were when free? Well in my opinion, I doubt it sincerely. Not when the BOI is right here also.......

Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #38
Mooing Tricycle
THANK YOU! <3

Im glad you let us ole 10.00 members stick around in the classifieds too... much appreciated.

GOOD DARN MOVE!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #39
Stardust
Good job Rich.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #40
dzoo
I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY $2.08 PER MONTH JUST TO POST AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF ADS ON YOUR STUPID SITE, YOU ARE ONE GREEDY S.O.B. - WHATS THE MATTER NEED ANOTHER FANCY CAR?
I CAN FIND A LOT BETTER WAYS TO SPEND 7 CENTS PER DAY THAN ON FAUNA!

Hope that made you feel better......... ...................

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!