Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 AM   #391
jayefbe
ok, so now that it's come back negative for chytrid and apparently there's been no mention of chlamydia, how is this Ed's fault? How is there any proof that the frog was sick beforehand, or that hepatitis was even the cause of death for the frog?

Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #392
crazyfroglady
[quote=RJK890]That is correct. Ed is not responsible, not chargeable with or subject to responsibility, and not to be held accountable for or to be called into question for the death of the frog, or a refund.

Quote:
Quote PhyscoFrog:
Well I went back to fatfrogs to try and get a screen shot showing you why I call ED a scum bad but it was deleted because of all of the foul language that was used. Since it was deleted I will give you the short story he called me a , and some other things for only being objective. QUOTE] You, Objective .
Keep trying! I'm convinced you will come up with a good point eventually

Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 AM   #393
crazyfroglady
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe
So this was all just an elaborate conspiracy for Ed to screw over K412?

Who said that the frog died of hepatitis? I thought it was bacterial septicemia, oh wait, I thought it was chytrid. Wait that came back negative? I guess it had hepatitis now. What caused acute hepatitis in the frog? Is it even contagious? Could stress of shipping have caused it?
Here you go! It's somewhere on this forum but I didn't feel like sorting through all of the posts to find it seeing as I've already read it.

Jay Willis

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I said I was going to stay out of this, but sence it's turning into a pissing contest, I went ahead and did a little snooping in the necorpsy!

I took a copy of the report that K412 posted and sent it to My contact at the zoo to see what He thought. We he's more of a reptile guy, so He send it to "Jen" which happens to be the top herpetologist in the country right now.

Heres what the returned e-mail said!

Hey Jay, Jen looked the results over and came up with hepatitis as the main problem; many of the other comments indicate secondary problems that are common to hepatitis.

This is easy to pass on to the rest of your collection and should be treated as highly contagious.

Hope it had been quarantined or the entire collection is susceptible, once they have it not much you can do, it can be detected with x-rays but is expensive.

Good luck

Nick Clark, Senior Reptile Keeper

Central Florida Zoo

P.O. Box 470409

Lake Monroe, Fl. 32747

So what it comes down to is Someone has got alot of work ahead of them.

If it came from PetSmart, they would have pulled all their frogs off the shelf by now, but if it's Ed's, God help anyone who got a frog from him sence then.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 AM   #394
TrulyRare
If the frog was sick, i would def, try and get a refund, "live arrival or not" he can't by pass that procedure you had done.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 AM   #395
jayefbe
ugh....what? Hepatitis is a physical characteristic in this case. There's no mention of a virus (or anything else for that matter) causing the hepatitis, so how can it be said that it's contagious! That's like saying a black eye is contagious. In fact, extreme heat causes acute hepatitis in dogs and cats. Is that contagious?

Plus, the original necropsy says nothing about hepatitis as the cause of death.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:38 AM   #396
crazyfroglady
Quote:
ok, so now that it's come back negative for chytrid and apparently there's been no mention of chlamydia, how is this Ed's fault? How is there any proof that the frog was sick beforehand, or that hepatitis was even the cause of death for the frog?
I don't know how many times this needs to be said but I will say it again. The whole point of this thread is to warn people that Ed sells (be it maybe not knowingly) sick animals and refuses to acknowledge. Since he is refusing to acknowledge it is safe to assume that he is not treating. The tests were not negative nor have they came back. The original breeder of the frogs (not ed) is sending her a new one from the same batch. She wants to drop the subject because she was continually attacked for posting this. So people are assuming because she is dropping the subject that the tests were negative.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #397
jayefbe
K412 said she was going to post the results of the test. Then she said that she was going to post the results since it doesn't matter to anyone...which only led me and everyone else on here to assume that the tests had come back negative. Hopefully she posts the results when the do arrive, positive or not.

I agree that if Ed was or is selling sick frogs everyone should know about it, and his practices should be stopped until he can safely say that all of his frogs are completely healthy. But at this point, there's no evidence to say that his frogs aren't 100% healthy.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 AM   #398
LakesideBoas
I think this horse is dead, Jamie. Ed is going to stick to his TOS to the letter, which is his right. Just because you (not you personally) don't agree with it, it is his TOS, which the buyer agreed to upon entering into a transaction with Ed.

Disclaimer: That doesn't mean I agree (or disagree) with Ed's TOS (I've never read them).

It may be felt he has a moral obligation to replace Kelly's frog, unfortunately moral obligations are not binding are are subject to the character of the person morally obligated.

Ed's already shown what outstanding character he has.

Kelly is not going to get a refund (if she does I'd fall over in a dead faint) and anybody reading this can tell just what they are dealing with if they decide to buy anything from Ed.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:50 AM   #399
RJK890
Quote:
Quote Rick:
he's a no good liar, and a good definition of the word scumbag,... Prove you ain't the rotten mother that I say you are.
Those are some lousy things to say about somebody Rick. If you are going to talk smack about people, whoever they are, you and your friends shouldn't cry foul when they retaliate.
(I am sorry for what you went through.)

Ed, I understand that it must be frustrating for you to be getting attacked like that in a thread where you are not in the wrong. Still, you should keep the gloves up. The tragedy that happened to Rick does not fit into this thread, or make him a guy that does not have his affairs in order. What he said was uncalled for, and Your response was also out of line.

Quote:
Quote Shrap:
There are lines that people with any kind of class and compassion dont cross.
When someone is attacking you that line gets really thin. I mean Rick wasn't being very classy and compassionate towards Ed. Why should Ed care about crossing those lines in the sand after Rick is already on his side of the line slapping him in the face?
(I do see what was wrong with his response.)

Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #400
crazyfroglady
Quote:
ugh....what? Hepatitis is a physical characteristic in this case. There's no mention of a virus (or anything else for that matter) causing the hepatitis, so how can it be said that it's contagious! That's like saying a black eye is contagious. In fact, extreme heat causes acute hepatitis in dogs and cats. Is that contagious?

Plus, the original necropsy says nothing about hepatitis as the cause of death.
There's no mention of a virus or anything else for that matter because the testing for that is still being performed. The inflamed liver is what killed the frog. As for what caused the inflamed liver that's still to be determined. The fact still remains that the frog was sick it didn't keel over for no reason.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark