Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #421
Rebel Dragons
Whew.....................

Old 05-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #422
W.Wedeking
Well, since this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket, I may as well add my $.02.

Fauna and the BOI have always had it's alliances and friendships. It is only natural when people/business interact over a period of time for this to happen. While I do believe at times, this has been mistaken for "cliques" and favoritism, there has also been some obvious of both. It happens, we are all human beings.

The site itself is a "clique" by definition, and always was. The difference is that now it is Exclusive. The root word of exclusive being EXCLUDE.

This means that you are going to have the same group of people posting over and over again because others are Excluded.

On the one hand, this accomplishes the goal of weeding out all the dual identities, trolls and jerks.

On the other hand, it limits the amount of input to the site for example, you do not have the bennifit of other peoples experience and knowledge coming into the site either.

No new ideas, no alternatives, no growth just the same people posting over and over and over.....

Old 05-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #423
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Wedeking

The site itself is a "clique" by definition, and always was. The difference is that now it is Exclusive. The root word of exclusive being EXCLUDE.

This means that you are going to have the same group of people posting over and over again because others are Excluded.

On the one hand, this accomplishes the goal of weeding out all the dual identities, trolls and jerks.

On the other hand, it limits the amount of input to the site for example, you do not have the bennifit of other peoples experience and knowledge coming into the site either.

No new ideas, no alternatives, no growth just the same people posting over and over and over.....
Are you saying that you think the BOI has not grown, educated, and help people?

If that is your thinking I would have to strongly disagree. This site has grown dramatically since I joined in Oct 2003. It has helped me a few times, just recently by saving me $400.00 That to me is enough to continue supporting this site. Others have saved thousands!!! Not to mention the revenue the site brings to the many advertisers and small time breeders that mingle here.

To say that the site is exclusive is correct. In a sense it is. But to imply that the site has excluded people is ridiculous. People exclude themselves. Either through their own actions and behavior while here (being suspended) or by not joining in the first place.

Just my .02

Old 05-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #424
Jim O
A $10 admission fee is hardly exclusive. Any reptile keeper who cannot afford $10 cannot afford to keep reptiles, nevermind their monthly internet access fee.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #425
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons

To say that the site is exclusive is correct.

The site is exclusive to those who want to be here.

Those who chose to exclude themselves over $10 or got kicked off because they showed their ass to everyone deserve to be excluded............

It's entirely their loss.......

Old 05-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #426
Lucille
And statistics belie the statement that there is no growth, there are many new registrations daily; not to mention paid memberships.

I myself meet many new people as I go through Fauna, it is definitely growing, with new ideas and new people coming aboard.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #427
W.Wedeking
I thought I clarified this with "then" and "now" however, so there is no misunderstanding...

I was refering to before the site went pay to post and after it went pay to post.

I am well aware how it was growing. My Husband and I spent a great deal of time handing out fliers for Fauna and the BOI for Rich. We handed them out at shows, sent them in our orders, linked Fauna to our website, told everyone we met and watched the sites membership skyrocket.

Yes, $10 is enough to make it exclusive....my knowledge and experience is extreemely valuable, why should I pay to give something away that I get paid for?

Old 05-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #428
Rebel Dragons
Lucille you the hardest working people greeter I have ever known. This site has no idea what a great asset it has in you.

You put my local Wal-Mart people greeter to shame!!!

Old 05-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #429
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Wedeking

Yes, $10 is enough to make it exclusive....my knowledge and experience is extreemely valuable, why should I pay to give something away that I get paid for?
You would pay the $10 simply to enjoy the many other perks the site has to offer as well as the information sharing.

If you honestly feel that the $10 is what's holding you back from sharing your fount of information, then I believe you might be holding yourself back.

Old 05-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #430
W.Wedeking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
A $10 admission fee is hardly exclusive. Any reptile keeper who cannot afford $10 cannot afford to keep reptiles, nevermind their monthly internet access fee.
Pull your head out of the sand. It is not a matter of what can be afforded, it is a matter of what someone is willing to pay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!