Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #421
ShadowAceD
Ashley, I do not know exactly what the hold off is on the refunds.

I looked up the paygrade chart for the 2010 - 2011 fiscal year of the military. I know what your BAH and BAS rates are as well.

I also know that your husband being deployed in a war zone area gets you Separation Pay (250.00 per month activated after the first 30 days and retroactive from the first 30) and hazard duty pay (150.00 + per month because it can be doubled up on if certain hazard criteria are met). I also know that none of his paychecks are being taxed right now per Combat Zone Tax Exclusions. So, that means you are getting full paychecks with Base Allowance for Housing and Base Allowance for Sustinance included. These are awesome paychecks, believe me, I know. My husband spent four months in Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and other places when he was an E4/E5 (he put on rank while he was out there), we banked quite a bit of money from that.

So, even with two kids and the animals? Simply put? You should have the small sums to refund the Bolivian boas. And even if you did not at this exact moment, I know for a fact it's relatively easy to go to Finance and put in a request for a partial advanced payment. Since your husband would have had to give you power of attorney before he left (as is required for any service member who is married leaving to a war zone), you would be able to get ahold of his supervisor and get that done. And even if that is not the case, it is not hard for him to request it himself.

So ... at this point, you probably should refund them for the Bolivians because ... the legal office on base can be a bit more tenacious than the ones off base because the military in general kind of gets peeved when service members, or their spouses, screw people out of money or fail to uphold their comittments with money. You were enlisted, you should know that service members are responsible for the actions of their dependents. It kind of sucks, but it is true.

If you think the BOI is a thorn in your side, you do not want to deal with them, believe me, and I am more than willing to give the information to the people you are screwing over to get it done.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #422
crotalusadamanteus
Not sure if it's been mentioned because the thread is growing so fast, but if any of you have confirmed cases at hand, have you considered a donation to Dr. Jacobson's cause? He and Dr. Mader have pretty much dedicated a lot of their time and efforts to this exact cause. A few infected animals could go a long way toward their research.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #423
deborahbroadus
Frankly, I would like a list of ALL Ashley's friends who have been in and out of her house and are currently ignoring the situation, so that I can put THEM on my DNBFOST list, too.

I LOVE my snakes, and I am not quite as nice as everyone else if something of this nature that can be traced to one person were to be dropped in my lap. Right now, I am no longer buying from anyone that has not invested a sufficent amount of time and money in their business, this means no "fly by nights," flippers, BYB without a true business on which they pay taxes. I find that serious breeders are prone to be more careful as they have more invested than just finding a couple of free, or cheap snakes and breeding them.

And...if this Ashley were a "friend" of mine, you best believe they would be cut off and I would be HELPING others to make her see that this issue needs to be taken care of and locking down my own collection for testing and possible euthanasia if I had a snake from her or had even been in her house.

Some friend...messed up her own business and now wants to drag everyone that tried to help her down with her by maintaining the lies instead of opening up and revealing just how serious her situation is!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #424
sally-dog
I really hope Elizabeth and Rachel get their money. I would hope that Ashley could at least issue each of them a partial refund to show that she's serious... but it's pretty obvious she isn't.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #425
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Frankly, I would like a list of ALL Ashley's friends who have been in and out of her house and are currently ignoring the situation, so that I can put THEM on my DNBFOST list, too.
I agree with this. I am so afraid of how much this could spread because of the snakes Ashley has sold and from the people who go to her house and then go home to their animals. I would not want to take any chances.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #426
amercnwmn
My issue with her excuse of "talking to Ryan first":

She BOUGHT many of her snakes WITHOUT clearing it through her husband first
She's admitted that online.
If this was a snake she was wanting to buy, she wouldn't be talking to her husband first.
Her actions brought about these consequences. If her husband doesn't like the fact she's had to plunk out money made by ill gains, TOUGH.

That's HER problem.

She wanted to play at being "respectable" breeder, now she can act like one. She's got stuff she can pawn to come up with all the money, or at least a substantial amount to both ladies.

Her collection's tests need to WAIT. She has other people's snakes she needs to pay to have tested, and people needing to be refunded.

What about the snakes sold at the various reptile expos she's attended? What about the ones traded or sent on breeding loans??

Currently, there's another party whose snakes are currently under her "care".

He's apparently not in a position to retrieve them.

If I were him, I'd be asking for her to cover the financial costs of testing every ONE of his snakes exposed to her parasite infested collection

It remains to be seen whether Yvonne (boachick17) knew about the IBD death & mites BEFORE bringing her collection into Ashley's home.
Ashley claims she did, but Ashley is about as trustworthy as a venomous snake.

If there isn't PROOF of her knowing of these issues beforehand, then I think Ashley should be paying for her snakes to be tested as well.

I know Crystal is there all the time, and if she has even ONE mite in her collection, her breeding projects will be shot, and her snakes will require tests as well.

I doubt very seriously ANYONE in possession of all the FACTS of the stability of her collection would have KNOWINGLY exposed their snakes

Ashley is a mooch. She was looking for a free ride from taxpayers not too long ago. She's tried to make a living on the backs of her animals without care or consideration regarding their health.

If it were ME and my snakes had mites, I'd be spending a LOT less time online playing and posting pictures of myself sprawled out on hoods of cars and in lingerie "eating" my snakes.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #427
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
According Ashley, at least 200+ snakes "have been in room contact" with her collection, which would likely mean mites, and possibly an IBD spread.

I know there's the guy who currently has snakes in her care.
Yvonne (boachick17) who had a boa paired with one of Ashley's and was her roommate.

She's had snakes at the Austin Reptile Expo last year, not sure if she had any sales at that show.

I'm not sure if she set up a table at Dallas or San Antonio shows.

She's taken her snakes to PetCo & other pet stores. Not sure if she's taken them into smaller local shows that allow you to walk around with pets.

She's had ads on craigslist selling snakes, various forums, had snakes up for donation auctions, (closed before any were shipped)

It's impossible to track back where all the snakes went, and where mites could have been spread.

Since she has NO desire to try to track back buyers, it's impossible to say how many people have snakes from her. She may not even know.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #428
hboyles66
This thread is just horrible. All these people Ashley could have possibly infected and just plain doesn't care. RIDICULOUS!!! I have been in contact with Mr. Dean and he had his whole room shut down by other reptile breeders in his area until he could prove there was no IBD there. Ashley and Ryan where on Fauna and emailing him demading refunds for the BCL threatening force and by law. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they are running away scared. They where willing to act tough when they felt screwd over but now that they are screwing people over they have turned a blind eye and ran. What a HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!! She has been claiming to be this nice whole hearted family lady when in reality she is a minulative lady who will take the all mighty dollar over the well being of the animals. She has been contacted by Mr. Dean and all she did was get defesnive. She bashed him in a threat about his snakes but at least he stopped posting and selling snakes. He may not be a great guy but at least he owned up to his problems and took care of them. He refunded the lady with the cornsnake and shut his collection down from what I understand. I am just not sure but it looks to me like the IBD came from Ashleys collectioin not Mr. Dean.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #429
amercnwmn
There is NO way to know for certain where the mites or any other issue would have come from.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #430
reticguy76
The exposure goin on here is just gettin unreal, and keeps gettin deeper and deeper. I really wish she would just cut her losses, start refunding and cease breeding/selling/buying anymore animals, take a good break away from this great hobby, clean everything up, and try to redeem her rep.
It's really a shame that animals are ultimately the ones that actually suffer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd