Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 45 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #441
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I would like to point out that if Bill is going along with Robert and his wife then he is no better than they are. So far you guys have painted Bill as a liar, spineless and foolish. Yet you claim to admire him! What the heck do you guys say about those you don't like?

Oh! I remember you insinuate their children are bullies and thieves.

If there is no coercion here, than your assessment of Mr. Gillingham would appear to be spot on.

Kevin, there are those of us who have been aware of this for awhile and are geographically closer to both parties. Mr. Gillingham was widely admired in the hobby for many years and I can probably say that you would never run across one person that he did wrong. He worked with a lot of species that nobody ever worked with before and he did it in a kind and humble way. You will see more and more people coming forth with a different take on Robert - some ex-employees and ex-customers. The rules of this site bar us from posting third party accounts, so I am hoping that some of the people who have contacted me and others over the last few weeks will do the right thing and post what they know.

I will not argue that most of us would like to believe that there is some sort of bullying here, as there is no cogent explanation as to why Bill would be so quick to hold Robert blameless for not telling him about his Chapter 7 until after the deal was done. This one omission, which I think we can all agree was not accidental, cost Bill A LOT of money and allowed Robert to in essence swipe the whole kit and kaboodle for pennies on the dollar.

If there is no manipulation here, which I am sadly starting to believe there is not, then I will be the first one to stop sticking up for Mr. Gillingham and gladly let him spend the rest of his days thinking that Robert somehow did him a favor.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #442
bxjoon
I'm not sure who you are referring to about in regards to maing Bill the suspect? My question to Bill is more out of morbid curiousity. I believe that Bill is a victim to an extent. We really don't know the entire truth and never will. Imagine yourself and someone coming to some sort of agreement for a business, then all of a sudden without you knowing, the business/building is under your name. That is what has the little guys in typewriters in my head drinking more red bulls than usual..

Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #443
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbgill View Post
Definitely not!
Bill, Robert is not a child.

Do you truly believe that he accidentally withheld this information? Do you really believe that?

It makes it even worse to hear that other people were interested in the Serpentarium and that you could have been spared this whole nightmare.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #444
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronritzer View Post
You can post whatever opinions you like, I do not however think you have the right to make insults.
Where were you insulted? I'm confused on this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronritzer View Post
He complimented them. A lawyer cant coerce you into complimenting anyone. A lawyer could have made him present only certain statements, but not compliments. I doubt it.
**The statement(s) I am about to make are not a reflection all lawyers, just a select few.**

Ron, I beg to differ with you here. A lawyer CAN coerce a person into saying something. I have seen it. I'm not saying that is or is not the case here, but it can be done and has been done before. There is always going to be someone unscrupulous enough to do anything for money.

That being said, I think there is more going on between the deal between Robert & Bill ... whether it be some shady dealing or money shuffling, I can't be certain. There is something quite off about a guy who doesn't care that he has been ripped off. Maybe the business was floundering when Bill owned it & it wasn't worth much & this was a way for him to get some money & out from under it. I don't know. That is a theory ... that is all we have, theory & supposition, as none of us were there & we can't say for sure what transpired between the two men. I would wager that there is more to this story than meets the eye, though. Two and two are not equalling four.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #445
laterob
Yup. Had Bill known, he'd probably be ahead $150,000. But we don't know what the Serpentarium would look like today...

Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #446
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Yup. Had Bill known, he'd probably be ahead $150,000. But we don't know what the Serpentarium would look like today...

Do we know what it would have looked like if Robert had paid the full amount?

That's a lot of money that he would not have right now...........money to spend on big tables at shows, distribution centers and satellite stores........

Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #447
laterob
I'm with you. He should be making payments to mom and Bill,

Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #448
NocturnalNature
I am a bit confused by the turn this thread has taken. Bill has respectfully asked for the issue regarding the transaction between himself and the the current owners of The Serpentarium to be dropped, yet even those who assert that they hold him in high regard continue to want more details. If you respect Bill so much why keep asking for information he plainly doesn't want to discuss?
I understand Mr. Coral moved forward with the purchase of the business in a highly irresponsible manner, but it perplexes me how people who are "defending" Bill virtually force him to keep posting in a thread he obviously does not want to be a part of. Why not respect the man, his advancement of the hobby, his achievements, and his wishes to let it be?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #449
ronritzer
[quote=Snake-Queen;1515903]Where were you insulted? I'm confused on this statement.

If you cant find the insult that was directed at me, you arent looking. WHat do you care anyway? I was referring to you.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #450
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthemtorts View Post
I am a bit confused by the turn this thread has taken. Bill has respectfully asked for the issue regarding the transaction between himself and the the current owners of The Serpentarium to be dropped, yet even those who assert that they hold him in high regard continue to want more details. If you respect Bill so much why keep asking for information he plainly doesn't want to discuss?
I understand Mr. Coral moved forward with the purchase of the business in a highly irresponsible manner, but it perplexes me how people who are "defending" Bill virtually force him to keep posting in a thread he obviously does not want to be a part of. Why not respect the man, his advancement of the hobby, his achievements, and his wishes to let it be?
I've pondered this myself and having looked inside, deep down where the peanut butter meets the aorta, and I can't get around the fact that something is really wrong here. This behavior is so atypical in many way that I am unable to abide by Bill's request.

It's just too not right to sit tight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!