My First Beardie - Page 46 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #451
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

That is great your roaches finally came! I bet that Toby loves them now!! There were babies in with them also, really? That is awesome. So now you are off to a great start!
Wow there was no cold pack in there, well, at least they were not dead from heat injury!
I am sure that he is a happy boy now.

Tracie

Old 06-13-2008, 02:03 AM   #452
LadyGecko
H Amber
I'm glad to read that your Tobias (I love that name) is dong well for you

The roaches love the heat and unless they are exposed to absolute baking temps-they thrive in it and breed like crazy!

Have fun with them!
I like the Dubia's the best for feeders

Sandy

Old 06-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #453
harmonysmom
I need to get a thermostat hooked up to the repti-mat I have attached to the roach cage. Just to make sure it doesn't go above 90 degrees F. Every now and then it reaches 96 in there, nothing more though. I can't tell if they are shedding or dieing right now. It looks like a bit of both.

I mist them daily, and make sure to aim the tops of their hiding places so not to get them with the water spray, then I aim for the ground. Their food is plain old dry cat food with the occasional sugar breakfast cereal and it's in a very small dish just enough that they can climb into it. Plenty of places to hide, or at least, I think so, they seem to do it very well. :P So I don't know why any of them would possibly be dieing. I'm hoping that it is ALL just shells. Either way, I just contacted somebody for some more. So hopefully that will get things moving even faster.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #454
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

OH definitely don't let them get too hot, that wont be good for them. Do you have a fan to help keep them cooler?
They aren't too crowded, are they? What is the humidity in there?
The catfood & cereal is fine, as well. I hope that they start doing better in there. I hope it is all shells in there too.
Really watch those temps. Let me know how things are going.
How is Toby doing?

Tracie

Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #455
harmonysmom
Temp was 94-95 when I checked earlier with a humidity of 45......now it is 95 F with 35 humidity

Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #456
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Oh wow, those are somewhat high temps. Maybe you should put a fan in there to help with circulation. How are they doing?

Tracie

Old 06-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #457
harmonysmom
We are going to go get a thermostat to put inside. But for now, I just unplug the heat mat for a little bit and then make sure to plug it back in before I go to bed. So it's off for about half a day. They seem to be doing great. Babies are being born it seems every time I go in to clean, which is about once every two or three weeks, depending.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #458
Beardiepal
http://www.nyworms.com/roaches.htm
Check out this site for care and I pmed you. Take care Beth

Old 06-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #459
Beardiepal
I have to say this- you cannot kill this roach...B Just see what works for you...B

Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #460
harmonysmom
I now have a blanket over a little more than half the screen top of the cage blacking it out. I kept a small side of it open for air. They seem to be doing great because I just saw more babies the other day. I'm so excited!

We bought them this rock thing, that normally goes in a fish tank, and set it so they could climb inside, they love hanging out in there more than anything. We are thinking about getting a few more so they can hide in the dark all the time in case the blanket isn't always strong enough.

Toby is starting to fill out. I can't wait until he hits full grown capacity. I do need to weigh and measure him again though. I'm past due.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!