My First Beardie - Page 48 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #471
harmonysmom
Hey congrats. on the new baby! Sorry the first one was sick.

We are headed back up to the pet store today, Toby, of course, is riding with us to pick out some fish. Harmony is fully potty-trained (during the day) and we promised that if she did it, she could have a fish. Our apartment is turning into a REAL ZOO!

So, weight and measurements. I weighed and measured him on the 2nd, and he came out to 18 inches long still (with his tail, hasn't exactly gotten any longer ) and he weighs 289 grams

Old 07-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #472
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber,

Great Toby went to the petstore for a little road trip.
So Harmony gets a fish as her reward for potty training that is cool! What kind of fish did she get?

****Lea, sorry your other baby was so ill. That is rough as a new owner to start out with an ill baby. I hope your other one fares better. Let us know if you need any help.

Tracie

Old 07-08-2008, 07:14 AM   #473
leacam
My new bd is doing really good, he has been eating crickets and wax worms, he is very alert, havent been able to handle him much because he runs around when I try to touch him, but thats ok, at least I know he isnt sick. Thank you Tracie for your help.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #474
harmonysmom
She got a guppy, a platy, 2 of some other fish (one was pregnant and ended up dropping 10 babies after we got her home, unsure if ANY of them lived) And she also picked out 2 baby fish, not sure which kind, that they didn't charge us for because they were small and weren't counted with their inventory. So WHOO HOO!

Within the next month I'll be making another trip up to the pet store to get Toby a new UVB light. It's about time for his to be changed again.

I went to feed him yesterday, and found a bunch of roaches HIDING under his food dish. So I took his food dish out, now they are hiding under this half log thing he has, and they scurry in front of him, wait just until he's about ready to snap and scurry back off. I think it frustrates him that he can't get them. But he's gotten so lazy, he needs to hunt for his food a bit. ha

Old 07-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #475
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Wow so Harmony got all sorts of new stuff huh? That is cool. The fish will be fun for her as well as the puppy, too.
Great you got the baby fish for free, what a deal.
Yeah, it is about time to change Toby's light. Do not get the Reptiglo 10, stick with the Reptisun 10 ok? Every 6 or so months it's time for a new one.
Really, roaches were hiding under his food dish? He is getting lazy just like most of the adults do. They want the food to come straight in front of them before they will strike at it! LOL

Tracie

Old 07-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #476
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

****Lea, just let me know if you need any help with anything. Be patient with your baby, as they are pretty rambunctious upon getting them. I am glad he is alert & active right now.

Tracie

Old 07-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #477
harmonysmom
He's starting to "chase" his food around. Not much, but least he's getting more than a couple at a time.

No, she didn't get a puppy, one of the fish were a GUPPY! :P I hope to get a puppy one day though. There is this place right across from us coming up for rent, and I'm thinking he MIGHT let in other animals, so if we can get it, and he allows non-caged animals, I'm getting a puppy.

I actually had a roach get loose the other day. I went to flick him off the rock and into Toby's cage, but instead of going into the cage, he went onto my floor. Luckily those things are easily caught. haha

Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #478
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Oh a guppy! OK! Maybe you will get a puppy for her one day too then.
That is good Toby will chase them a little bit anyway & that he is catching them. Oh you had to chase down a loose one the other day too, did you catch it I hope?
Oh so the place you rent now wont allow dogs or cats? Maybe the other place will, that would be nice. Plus it is closeby too.
How is Toby's weight is he filing out now?

Tracie

Old 07-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #479
harmonysmom
He's filling out. He also REAKS when he poo`s.

One day we will get a puppy. I can't wait.

We didn't get the other place. Somebody was already lined up for it. A friend, or relative of the landlord over there. My aunt, however, says that the house right next to her, is going to be going up for sale sometime. The lady who lived there died back in January, and her husband has just gone into an assisted living program. She's not sure how long before it goes up, but she said it would be. Then, I will get me a dog.

Well, I have to go clean out Toby's cage now, and also figure out a way to clean the roach cage without vacuuming them up.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #480
harmonysmom
Oh, a snake will shortly be added to our zoo. I HATE snakes, hubby wants one, so I told him if he got a snake, the only way I would swear not to kill it on purpose, is if I could have another bearded dragon, or another tattoo. Of course, he opted for the tattoo, not what I was expecting, but oh well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!