Bad Guy Derek Corrado AKA DC Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
Philsuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I'm curious as to why he returned the frogs.
Only he would be able to answer that, but if I had to take a guess....I would say and avalanche of negative sentiment from local members of the dart frog hobby community were up in arms and he probably felt that he was going to be arrested, pummeled or both and sought to frantically find a way out of the rapidly enclosing box.....

Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #42
Lucille
Is he aware of this thread, that he can respond to what has been said?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Frye View Post
Unfortunately the original owner does not wish to call police
Does one not have to make a report to declare a theft loss covered by insurance? I would like to hear from the original owner why, if everyone was so certain they knew and could prove who the culprit was, why did he not call the police?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
frogface
I don't think the frogs were covered by insurance.

Many of us wanted the frog owner to press charges. I guess he had his reasons for not doing it. He mentioned that he'd be back on BOI after work. Said he had some things to post.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogface View Post
I don't think the frogs were covered by insurance.

Many of us wanted the frog owner to press charges. I guess he had his reasons for not doing it. He mentioned that he'd be back on BOI after work. Said he had some things to post.
I look forward to reading what he says, and to having my question answered by him.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #46
Julio
Ok here is the deal, Chris, Scott and I all decided that it was not cost effective for us to press charges after i talked it over with the attorneys at my company. The amount of court fees would be ridiculous and on top of that the theft took place at Scott's house where Chris and I would have had to press charges and file for it in MD and I live in NYC and Chris in NC. yeah it would have been great to prosecute him, but i don't that kind of capital to be going back and forth with court and lawyers fees which can quickly become astronomical.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #47
Julio
furthermore there are quite a few newbies on this thread if you wanna call us that, we might be new to forum, but certainly not new to the hobby what so ever.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #48
Dendro Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Slow down, and read more carefully. I'm not disputing Derek Corrado being DCreptiles. Nor am I disputing the IP match with alluringeli.....all I have said is
1) that the emails posted from "J Karpinski" are basically anonymous third party quotes, because there is never a first name referenced;
2) that there is no connection shown here between the alluringeli account and J Karpinski; and
3) that there is no connection shown here that Derek Corrado is using J Karpinski as an alias.
1. They are anonymous by name(I guess technically) but not by IP which represents the physical location of the computer they were sent from, which corresponds to Dereks PC and DCreptiles dendroboard account and the thief's email accounts used to communicate with the victims. There doesn't need to be a first name referenced in them because they are fraudulent (and failed) attempts to hide his identity. But he screwed up and sent them from the same computer with the same IP which means they came from the same computer and the same place in the real world. What your saying is like saying... "well he didn't give his real name in his attempts to hide his identity, so it doesn't count". The matching IP's should be thought of as the true ID here.

2. Were they not the same IP too? That is a physical connection...so unless you are saying the screen shots are doctored then yes there is a connection. A physical one that ties those 2 accounts to the same PC, which is also tied to the DCreptiles dendroboard account which derek has openly admitted to being his and done business under. Just follow the logic...1 and 2 are connected to the same IP. 3 is connected to the same IP (derek,and dcreptiles db account), which is thus connnected back to 1 and 2 (the 2 fake email address used as an attempt to hide the identity)..By the IP...because they are the same, which means same PC which means same physical address unless someone stole his PC which he has not once claimed to my knowledge.

3. Yes there is. That the IPs match, meaning same PC, same owner, same physical address. I simply don't understand how you can repeatedly deny the matching IPs of all the referenced accounts which correspond to the same computer as not being a connection. It is a physical real world connection. Same IP, same computer...simple as that, so either someone in his house stole the frogs and came up with the fake email address or he did and he hid that fact and refuses to out the thief while being in possession of stolen property, and the PC that was used by all referenced accounts.

By him admitting to being derek, and dcreptiles which he clearly has, as he does business under both names and using that pc with that IP for communication he has also directly linked himself to the 2 fake accounts also. The matching IP's represent a direct physical connection between the man, the place, and all 3 accounts. If that still fails to meet the standards of "a connection" then your logic escapes me.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #49
Dendro Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I'm curious as to why he returned the frogs.
Because of all the pressure being put on him. Because his rep was ruined in the hobby and he relies on the hobby make his living, or at least part of it. Plus if he returns the frogs while claiming that somehow he got the real thief to deal with him (when he for some reason wouldn't deal with others who offered anonymity) then got the frogs returned then it may look to some people like he is the hero here, or at least casts doubts on his guilt. The better question isn't why he returned the frogs, but rather... Why would a thief who had already gotten away with it without being truly identified while someone else took the fall, all of a sudden decide to return the frogs, not to the owners but to the person who took the fall? Where is the logic in that? Basically this was pathetic attempt to salvage some credibility by appearing to have "helped" get the frogs back instead of actually being the thief.

The IP evidence is so tight thats all most needed to convict him in their minds. Someone would have had to plan the theft in advance, know derek was going to be there, and set up the theft plan and frame job in advance spoofing his IP (which isn't going to be easy for most people). The odds that 2 people who attended the same frog meeting would ever end up with same IP especially within such a small window of time are astronomical. That and the fact that Derek has admitted to being DCreptiles and that dendroboard account is tied to the same IP as the thief's emails which represents a real world connection pretty much makes this air tight.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Ok here is the deal, Chris, Scott and I all decided that it was not cost effective for us to press charges after i talked it over with the attorneys at my company. The amount of court fees would be ridiculous and on top of that the theft took place at Scott's house where Chris and I would have had to press charges and file for it in MD and I live in NYC and Chris in NC. yeah it would have been great to prosecute him, but i don't that kind of capital to be going back and forth with court and lawyers fees which can quickly become astronomical.
What are you talking about? Calling the police and making a criminal complaint costs nothing. The State bears the cost of prosecution. Yet, the owner did not do that. What's going on?

Y'all have avoided answering my question as to whether this person has been notified about this thread. You need to let him know so that we can hear his side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!