Inquiry cvexotics - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #41
Earthworks
to attempt to give some kind of explanation of why the 2 sentences were so different i will paraphrase kevins words from kingsnake, pls check them out yourselves though i dont like relaying info but some of you were questioning it...

apparently the thief was caught in the act going for a 2nd snake at which time they confronted him, he admitted quickly to the theft and that he was persuaded to do so...he was infact not told to take an axanthic killer be (According to Kevin's post) he was told to see if he could get some 'killer bee morph' and lucky him he grabbed up the granddaddy of them all and had no idea what its value was hence the ease it was purchased from him for $500 (apparently the actual sum settled was $400)... anyways the thief cooperated fully with police and prosecution and admitted full guilt and came off as somewhat of a pawn while the other gentleman fought tooth and nail against the claims/investigation...

as i mentioned im not entirely comfortable relaying this info there was just so many ???s i thought some people might find it useful, pls go check it out yourself if its something your interested in...pls not i have NO inside infomation on this, take NO side in this, and make NO presumptions about this case/event.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #42
Greg Riso
Warning, Long Story But Related

The thing is Scott specializes in ball pythons, ball pythons, and did I mention.... ball pythons? When someone came into his shop with an animal like that, you'd think he'd have wanted to know it's genetic background and full history. This was obviously no rehomed Petco special. To make a low ball offer and turn a blind eye as to where it came from is a bit to convenient IMO, particularly with the king of ball python morph breeders located just a few miles away.
I can relate to this situation first hand because I had a stolen snake offered to me for sale over the Internet many years ago. In fact, I may have unknowingly instigated the theft when I placed a wanted ad at Kingsnake looking for a low priced albino retic. At that time, there were only a hand full of breeders of them which went for around $3,500 each. A few weeks after I placed my ad, I had a guy write me saying he had a white phase albino male retic for considerably less money than the going rate. We went back and forth and I was hesitant to send money to a no name private seller located across the country in California even with the animal priced right. When the seller told me was willing to send me the animal up front and, after receipt, I could simply send him a check, I was really scratching my head thinking, what did I have to lose? The seller also asked me if I had any interest in a patternless African rock python (which I didn't).
I did, however, want to buy an unrelated albino female retic so I contacted Jay Brewer (owner of Prehistoric Pets) who was coincidentally also located in Southern CA. In my conversation with Jay, I mentioned how I'd found a great deal on a white phase retic and asked if he could he do a little better on his price. He asked me what sex it was and when I told him it was a male, he exclaimed, "well isn't that funny? I just had one stolen from my store a week ago." It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure things out so I agreed to cooperate fully with Jay to catch the thief. He consulted with the police whose advise was for me to go through with the transaction with the party as planned. The snake was subsequently sent to me and after I received it, I was then asked to make the check out to a DIFFERENT NAME than the one I'd been dealing with all along. It was at this point that Jay recognized the name as being one of his employees. I forwarded all correspondence to the police dept. and the person was arrested shortly afterwards upon entering Prehistoric Pets for work. One early clue had been the seller offering me the patternless African rock python since Jay was the sole breeder of them at the time. There wasn't one stolen, but if I'd told the other party, yes, I could use one, he would have simply helped himself and sent it to me as well.
This story can be verified because I was so worried about shipping the $3,500 retic back to Jay, I went to NERD and had Kevin ship it to CA for me LOL.
My reason for bringing this up is the old adage, when something sounds to good to be true, it is. I could have received the animal and simply told Jay, "nope, I never got it and just kept it at no cost. Was or am I capable of doing something like that? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Unfortunately, there are those people that are.
That animal should have raised a few red flags in Scott's mind. Of course, if one should choose not to see them then............
Just sayin'

Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #43
bigdogreps
I am going to respond to these posts because I was a spectator at the trial vs. Scott Seavey. I will try to summarize the trial.
Scotts lawyer has absolutely no evidence that he was not completely aware of where the snake came from and who was the previous owner and what it is so he tries to discredit the witnesses and detective. He is unable to do so. Worked for o.J. but not Scott.
Scott never takes the stand in his defense.
State presents overwhelming evidence that Scott new exactly where the snake came from and proves that Scott said"he would rather kill it than send it back to Kevins"
Jury deliberates and it take less then 40 minutes for them to come back with a verdict because their is so much evidence that Scott is guilty.
Personally I think that any breeder that would steal another breeders project wether out of laziness,greed,revenge or whatever is a cancer to our industry/hobby and should be cut out in hopes that it will not return! It is an insult and disrespectful to all the breeders who don't take short cuts and get results through dare I say it...hard work and good ethics. Especially towards someone like Kevin who helped build this industry.
Locally,i have heard rumors that scott is saying Kevin bribed witnesses and/or set him up. C'mon people use your common sense. If this was the case they would have been all over it in court! There was absolutely no proof of this. Scotts coming out swinging cause he doesn't want to take his punishment like a man. Scott has threatened NERDS with coming in and shooting up the place....weird! Yes,that has been reported to the authorities.
Thankyou for reading
BigDog

Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #44
gsrept
I would not make accusations about shooting up the place could land you in trouble especialy posting it on public forum now its record, he was found guilty leave it at that.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #45
pakinjak
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
I would not make accusations about shooting up the place could land you in trouble especialy posting it on public forum now its record, he was found guilty leave it at that.
Right on. I hadn't heard that the trial had already happened and that he had been found guilty, but that's the end of it. Found guilty, case closed.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #46
bigdogreps
O.K. I will leave it at that
BigDog

Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #47
radiant dragons
rumors are rumors cindy let him do his time in jail im sure he already feels stupid

Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #48
bigdogreps
Thank you kindly for your advice but this is NOT a rumor thats why i added it had been reported to the authorities! Thats the problem he may feel stupid but he certainly doesn't feel sorry. In any case I am not going to now be put on trial myself for attempting to alert people to what his mentality is. Use the information or dont use it...your choice.
BigDog

Old 10-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #49
gsrept
Sounds to me either someone is trying to either drag him thru the mud even more than has already been done we get it he is guilty. and buy the way as soon as your convicted of a felony you are required to turn in all weapons that you own.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #50
kerrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
Sounds to me either someone is trying to either drag him thru the mud even more than has already been done we get it he is guilty. and buy the way as soon as your convicted of a felony you are required to turn in all weapons that you own.
Because you know there has never been a case of a Felon getting a gun illegally right? They are felons after all they don't really follow the rules to begin with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cvexotics, scott seavey