Brian Smith-Inquiry - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #41
Thomas Jones
I never claim to be his friend. I stated and stated again that..

I asked Damon questions. He answered them!
I e-mailed him about some of his cages and heating ideas. He answered them.
He never said anything out of the way to me.

This is all i base my opinion on. I can still do that in this country. I am out to help anyone i can. Joel will tell you that. I even e-mailed you Mark about the green burm. If my retic is sold i will get it just like i said i would.
I am not mad because you diagree with me. I have no problems with anyone. I do not claim to always be right. No one is.

But until solid proof is provided then i will stick to my opinion.

Old 12-29-2003, 01:31 PM   #42
Brian Oakley
A few quotes from THomas on Page 2

"I think what you should judge Damon on is his knowledge of herps and his willingness to help others out. When he has babies for sale and they are advertised look at his animals. If they are anywhere close to his adults then they will be hands down the best looking animals out there."

When have you seen his animals for sale, on forums, pics anywhere? Not saying it does not happen, but I cannot remember many.

"Do not judge him for using a different name or not saying where he is located. I would not want everyone to know where i was located if i had a load of money in snakes at my location. You are looking for trouble."

Those who use false name almost 100% of the time have something to hide. Since we do know his real name and he continues to go by another name I would think he has something to hide. Anyone who knows just a little about computers can find out where he lives. Your story of him having a butload of $ into snakes is unlikely the reason he goes under a different name. I know PLEANTY of people that have a "buttload" of $ into their collection, they still go by their REAL name.

Another quote from page 2
"If you were in a situation to where you could possibly compete with the big name burm and retic breeders then you might see where he is coming from. I am not so i have nothing to worry about. You can feel free to e-mail me and give me your number and i will call and talk about this or anything else."

Pleanty of people can compete with anyone they want. All it takes is hard work, dedication, a bit of money to get started. I cannot remember where it requires a false name to be successful in ANYTHING.

I guess what I really wonder from you Thomas is this. You say very little on your own experiences. Everything you post sounds like it came right from the forums you read Brian/Damon writing on. THis all sounds like a story that has been told again by someone new......you. What can YOU offer from first hand experience? Not your translation of your reading something, but good old fashioned experiences OF YOUR OWN.

From page #4
"I have never met Damon. Never talked to him on the phone. Never seen him in person or pics. All this i type is my thoughts and my feelings."

How can you have such strong feelings for someone you do not even know?

"Someone posted here about Brian Smith. I was stating he has his reasons for using a different name. What ever it is, is his business not mine."

If this is the case, why do you defend him and come up with all these things to justify it?

I guess my last question, as I do not want to go through any more of your posts and question them individually, is this.

You ask for proof regarding the things that people have said about him. What proof do YOU have to back up what you have said positive about him. All you have done is copy in your head the things you have read that he posted. You then translated it and put it into your own words. Almost like you are speaking for HIM, but have not a clue if you are telling the truth!
That is a tough gamble to get in to.

Old 12-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #43
Sybella
He does post pictures of his snakes all the time on Kingsnake. All anyone has to do is ask him and he happily posts pictures of his critters. In fact there's a recent one there now; his lavender/purple retics mating. It was posted right before Christmas.

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=276318,276318

It's really funny because every time we talk, he asks me, "Have I shown you this?" and then he sends me more pictures! I have a whole folder on my computer with nothing but Damon's pictures; his critters, his cages, his wife, his tree house in the back yard...LOL!

Maybe you're mistaking him for someone else but I highly doubt he denied anyone pictures and/or help.

Old 12-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #44
Brian Oakley
I never said he "denied" anyone pics. I sated that there were not many (maybe I said any) that I can recall.
I know who Brian/Damon is. He has emailed me in the past commenting on animals I have posted. If my memory serves me correctly, he owuld be the only Brian Smith that posts on the Burm, Retic, and Python page. Would that be accurate enough for you?

Old 12-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #45
Sybella
Oh no, Brian! That wasn't directed to you. Slackass claimed that Damon refused to show pictures of his animals and I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Old 12-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #46
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
Slackass claimed that Damon refused to show pictures of his animals and I find that incredibly hard to believe
Where did I say that?

Old 12-29-2003, 04:15 PM   #47
Brian Oakley
I got it. It does make me wonder though. If someone goes under a falsse name because they do not want anyone to know who they are and what they have, why would they post pics of the animals. Like I said, I can find out who Damon is AND where he lives just by the emails I have received fro him today.
Just does not make sense.

Old 12-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #48
CaptainSlackass
Why can't Brian join in to defend himself here. Doesn't that seem a little odd?

In any event I'm done with this. I know I've said it before but I mean it. I posted what I know because someone else brought it up. Damon is a bad guy. Stay Away.

Patrick-

Old 12-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #49
Thomas Jones
I am working on finding the original KS post. Anything on the internet that is deleted is not really deleted. If i am able to find it i will post it.

Old 12-29-2003, 04:24 PM   #50
Sybella
Oops!! Sorry about that, Slackass...it was Realvenum that posted this:

Quote:
One of the reasons Damon went off is because he was asked to post pistures of his animals,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread