anyone know of Drew - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:01 AM   #41
Dembinski Reptiles
??

Greg,

Im just curious if the Mandarin Tree Boa was advertised as a CB animal. If so, did you get some paper trail on it ? Those guys are very protected and I know a breeder who was investigated. If its CB or Zoo bred with paperwork, then alls good. If not, send it back, and ask for a refund.

As far as Drew goes, Im not too sure on this fellow. Put's other pics from other peoples website on his ads ? Has high dollar animals but cant get genetics right ? Posts a pic of a animal, but its not the one for sale ?

Not saying he is a bad guy, but if he cant genetic's straight, Id doubt Id send my hard earned cash. I just hope this post doesnt get moved back to the top in 2-3 years !!

Hey, the nicest people can be cons too.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:16 AM   #42
HerpVenue
Quote:
In a message dated 3/11/2004 11:37:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, Sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com writes:
I was interested in some DH sunglows that I saw on your auction.
I was thinking about a 1.3
But I would like to know if you produced any sunglows.
If you did I will probably save my money and by one of those instead.
================
www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

We don't had any sunglows in this litter, this group contained ghost/not for sale/, albinos, salmons, and normal looking babies.
Drew
how convenient the ghosts are not for sale !?!?
Wait a second......he produced ghosts with only one of the parents being a het?!?!?!?! <-------He is incredibly lucky.....or he performed a miracle.....or he is lying

Wait a second.....he produced no sunglows?!?!?!? <------he is either considerably UNlucky or he is lying

Dad is albino
Mom is salmon het for albino and het for ghost.
The babies he had are just not possible.....or should I say they are possible but not very probable

Old 03-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #43
The BoidSmith
You might have also noticed probably who Greg was bidding against on the Mandarin Tree Boa. None other than Boidsrus, the guys supposedly from Connecticut, that supposedly send the Bredls python with the picture, a python and picture that are still in the possession of Doug Price in California. If you look at the bidding history of Herpcorners' items, Bayherps has also bid repeatedly (almost in every auction) on their snakes. They seem to want badly every animal Herpcorner puts up for sale. Inquiring minds wonder...

Quote:
Bid History
(Bidders name: Flamerunner43050) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 09:39 AM) - (Amount of bid: $45.00)
(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 09:45 AM) - (Amount of bid: $65.00)
(Bidders name: Reptilianextreme) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 03:47 PM) - (Amount of bid: $85.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 03:47 PM) - (Amount of bid: $85.00)
(Bidders name: Reptilianextreme) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 03:56 PM) - (Amount of bid: $105.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Sun Feb 22, 03:56 PM) - (Amount of bid: $105.00)
(Bidders name: Bayherps) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:43 AM) - (Amount of bid: $125.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:43 AM) - (Amount of bid: $200.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Bayherps) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:43 AM) - (Amount of bid: $220.00)
(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:44 AM) - (Amount of bid: $240.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Bayherps) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:44 AM) - (Amount of bid: $440.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Mon Feb 23, 06:44 AM) - (Amount of bid: $450.00)
(Bidders name: Redtailman) - (Bid Time: Fri Feb 27, 06:49 AM) - (Amount of bid: $470.00)
(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Fri Feb 27, 05:44 PM) - (Amount of bid: $490.00)
(Bidders name: Redtailman) - (Bid Time: Sat Feb 28, 07:16 AM) - (Amount of bid: $510.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Sat Feb 28, 07:16 AM) - (Amount of bid: $510.00)
(Bidders name: Redtailman) - (Bid Time: Sat Feb 28, 09:59 AM) - (Amount of bid: $550.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Sat Feb 28, 09:59 AM) - (Amount of bid: $550.00)
(Bidders name: Boidmorphs) - (Bid Time: Wed Mar 03, 08:34 AM) - (Amount of bid: $570.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Wed Mar 03, 08:34 AM) - (Amount of bid: $570.00)
(Bidders name: Boidmorphs) - (Bid Time: Wed Mar 03, 08:35 AM) - (Amount of bid: $590.00) beaten by a proxy bid

(Bidders name: Boidsrus) - (Bid Time: Wed Mar 03, 08:35 AM) - (Amount of bid: $590.00)
(Bidders name: Boidmorphs) - (Bid Time: Wed Mar 03, 08:43 AM) - (Amount of bid: $610.00)
Quote:
So much effort to this guessing game, but nobody takes just a couple of minutes to send me an e-mail and ask?
Drew, I sent you an e-mail so you could tell your partner to come here to explain why he lied to you about the origin of the Bredls. No reply so far.

Quote:
My e-mail address was all over the adds.
Yes, but I got erroneous replies both times. The snake was never bought from Boidsrus. As a result we have to conclude: a) you misrepresented the Bredls you had for sale (“the picture speaks for itself” yeah right… it said “I’m a different snake”!…” I’m a different snake”!). b) You incurred in copyright infringement (Price Animal Company’s website clearly state all pictures are copyrighted). c) You tried to make the picture look different by reversing it. If you go through all that trouble instead of taking a picture of the juveniles you had for sale, I’m wondering what would you be able to do with heteros?

Talking about people behind they back without knowing the facts ... so typical of this board.

OK, typical of this board. Now we are not talking behind your back. It’s in the open. Your ”partner” used pictures without permission and made you misrepresent a snake for sale, your wife mistakenly posted one picture for another on another ad. Where have we heard the partner, girlfriend, wife stories before?

I have nothing against you guys most of you try to be fair, but this is like a guilty verdict without a trial.

Sorry to tell you. You cal call Price Animal Company and check for yourself that the Bredl python you were selling is still there (the picture too).

Did any of you noticed the feedbacks about my snakes?
No one is saying your snakes don’t look nice. What we are saying is that the Bredls is not the one in the picture, and that the heteros have yet to prove…they are nice looking boas though…

Quote:
So many happy customers can't be wrong.
You know what? I was badly burnt by a guy with the highest ratings in an old (now gone) previous auction site.

Quote:
I made some mistakes but newer try to lie for a profit.
Well you or your partner have to try harder. The picture of the Bredls “speaks for itself”…

Quote:
I'm a very passionate hobbyist, and not doing this for the money.
Nice to know there are there still philanthropists out there. Reminds me of HCE when they were selling hetero piebalds’ “cheap” because they were overpriced and wanted everyone to afford one. In all honesty I hope I’m wrong.

Quote:
The info about the babies came from my partner/the breeder of these snakes/and he sometimes forgot to talk about basic facts. Not every body as good with genetics as he is.
And yet all your ads state the snakes are born in your facilities.

Quote:
Thanks for your time, and I promise this is my last post here.
Well it might be your last post in Reptibid too if you don’t explain what has happened. I’m ready to apologize again if I was wrong.

Regards.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #44
HerpVenue
check out the comments for boidsrus.
They were all left by herpcorner.

plus look at the picture below.
These are all just part of the first page.
he sure does have a lot of "hets" for sale.

I specially LOVE the albino hets for ghost
It is a sure sign that someone is selling hets even though
1. they do not have any
OR
2. They have no clue what they are talking about

Let me guess it was really your partners snake.....funny but the ad says born in yor facility.
Oh the wife posted it wrong......well wti you gone all the time....who takes care of your snakes?......your partner?
Who takes care of his snakes?........your wife?
Does your wife have any snakes?

anyway enjoy the pic and enjoy the albinos het for ghost.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #45
HerpVenue
marlboro, bayherps, and herp corner sure do bid a lot and buy a lot from each other..

This is getting deeper

Old 03-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #46
Flyride
Drew

I noticed that when I purchased too. Is there anyway we can get with reptibid to see if they all log on the same isp?

Old 03-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #47
HerpVenue
marlboro had a proven het for albino and it sold for $210 to bayherp....WOW

another crazy and interesting fact.
herpcorner has tons of hets for albino....and he is bidding on marlboro's het for albino

vice versa
marlboro has het for albino on auction and he is bidding on herpcorners het for albino.

another interesting fact.
herpcorner and marlboro are from the same exact city and state.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:06 PM   #48
HerpVenue
Re: Drew

Quote:
Originally posted by Flyride
I live in tampa and bought the salmon 66het albino from drew two weeks ago. I met him personally to pick the snake up. He is a mid aged guy and looks as honest as they come. In the kinda german accent he speeks with he sounds like he doesnt know to much but he hinted that the backbone is his partner that actually houses and breeds the snakes. My salmon I bought I am extremely happy with and he did come with a paper that had my snake printed in color listing the mother and father and the breeder that produced them. For instance the father was an f2 salmon from basically boas and the mother was from there facility and was a proven het breeder. I researched a ton of his animals he was selling and it all added up that he wasnt lying.
So all in all from my experience it was good.
Here is the male I purchased in the pic
if the father of your baby is a salmon.....
and the mother is a het for albino.....
your baby is not a salmon 66% het.
your baby is a 50% het.

What I find amazing is he has all these hets for albino and albino and salmons and salmons het for albino.
they are all breeding.
And not a single thing about sunglows.
kinda makes you go hhhhmmmm

Old 03-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #49
Greg Riso
Sanzinia

Joe, Thank you for the heads up concerning obtaining the proper paperwork on this animal. I did ask Drew who bred it and I was told it was captive bred by "boabreeder". If this is a CITES listed animal (I believe it is) I'll definately have to get some paperwork on it. I'll request same from Drew immediately.
Regarding Boidsrus bidding against me, whenever I use an auction site I always suspect a "shill" could posibly be involved and will only bid up to a certain point regardless of who bids what. As you can see by how rapidly I bid I merely tested to see the other person's proxy and found out their high limit thus winning. Of course the $610 winning bid was a great buy in my opinion but I'll have to work on the paperwork aspect now. Thanks again Joe.

Old 03-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #50
Dembinski Reptiles
Greg Riso

Greg,

I used to work with Sanzinias a few years back. Knowing Don Hamper who visits the great land of Madagascar, I knew they at that time were protected. They still cannot be imported, but smuggling does happen. At the time of my interest in them I saw a breeder who produced some back at the '98' MARS show. He told me of their current status, at that time, and told me to make sure I get ligit animals.

The next thing floored me. I was watching a special on Animal Planet and they showed the Feds stop a illegal shipment at a airport. Inside the suite case were baby Sanzinian Tree Boas.

I researched and found a ligit source in Ken Counts who worked with them and bred them successfully for years. He told me he actually was investigated. All but one he could confirm were ligit. He got his from a Zoo with paperwork and CB babies from the late Loyd Lemmke. The one he couldnt show proof on was seized even though he had receipts. He told me he wasnt charged as he bought it in "good faith" but still lost the animal. Id bet anything the feds next stop was to that sellers house.

So, I bought a breeding group of Ken of both phases with complete docs backing their trail. I evetually went into the Boa and Ball morph market and sold them to Stan Chiras. Stan seemed to know about their status somewhat and I forwarded all paper trails to him. I know he successfully breeds them now.

I know of only a handful of people that actually breed these guys and anyone will tell you they are one of the hardest species to get good babies from. They breed like crazy, but still borns and egg masses are usually the end result for most.

It has been a few years since Ive researched them, so you may want to double check. Im 99% sure nothing has changed as they are still strictly enforced for no importation. Questions Id ask and no BS answer should be accepted:

1) If their CB then from who ? If he gives you a name, get their contact info. Ask that they send a letter to you and a picture of the birth if they have one. That way you have something. Plus, you can confirm the sale to Drew, his partner, wife or who ever else he'll say. If he got it from a 3rd party, get their contact info and follow that snake back. If you come to a dead end. Ask for a refund.

2) If he claims their Zoo bred, then without a doubt he should have something. If not, send it back and ask for a refund.

Now, Greg what would happen IF and its a BIG if they (the feds) actually come to you about it. The only thing I can see is youll lose the animal and the money you spent. They would go to Drew next. Whats the chances, SLIM to none. But, WHY take a chance. God knows their looking for any reason anymore to close our hobby down. Rule of thumb, "better safe than sorry". Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!