Bad Guy do NOT trade/buy from DAMIAN WALEGA IL - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #41
laterob
Andrew, you are definitely being vindictive now. I understand it's an emotional issue, but try not to self-destruct.

You are likely not going to get those 2 back; how is putting him down going to help you?

You are trying to 'win'.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #42
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_snake_sale View Post
THANK YOU mikoh4792

rob,
i have every right to be pissed and let others aware of damians wrongdoings, but there is a difference between being pissed and vindictive

pissed off ........ chiefly US, informal + impolite : very angry or annoyed at someone

vindictive - showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite

vin·dic·tive (vn-dktv)
1. Disposed to seek revenge; revengeful.
2. Marked by or resulting from a desire to hurt; spiteful.

traders remorse????? when i got the snakes DAMIAN was notified imediately.....i was justifyably pissed because i got 2 injured/sick snakes and he was making it out to be normal and not a big deal...
he did not give me what he was supposed to which was 5 healthy snakes ../.. remember he said "your (me) getting such a bad ass deal". i expected to get healthy snakes like i gave to him.
getting nowhere with him on dec 6 we asked for our snakes back so i wouldnt have to incur vet bills and possibly infect my other animals.... at that point IMO he shoulkd have sent my 2 girls back and taken his 5 back... that in my opinion would have been what a real and reputable breeder would have done... not giving me BS, lies and a headache for 2 months...
what irratates me the most is that i had to chase the money for the 1st 2 vet bills and he made 4-5 excuses, he ignored me and only when i brought the issue to the fb and fauna boi did he partially stepped up. on dec 17/18 on fb boi he publicly said he was going to pay for the vet BILLSSS AND send replacements!!!!!!!!! no i dont want to get more shit (replacements) from damian, you are right there is a very high chance that the relacements could be sick because of his husbandry issues.........
DAMIAN WALEGA and the trade we did made me very discouraged and unenthusiastic with ball python trades, my mom is upset and is probably not going to let me trade again with anyone (which i am going to be veryyyy careful if i even do it again). its to bad that people like damian ruin it for us new herpers, and this is why i said i just want my snakes back and i will send his back.... not really hypicritical just dont want the reminders (his 5 snakes) of the scetchy trade with DAMIAN WALEGA.

i hope you can try to see it from my poit of view. this was my first trade... and it was and has been AWEFUL. he has been very unprofessional and rude and i want to be done with him, but want him to be fair also... he should make this right!!!!!!!!
Thanks Andrew, I'm well aware what vindictive means. And I can see your point of view, I never said Damian handled this exceptionally well, only good on him for finally giving you the vet money...I just believe that as a young, relatively inexperienced snake keeper, that you are not considering everything...you are worried about his snakes bringing some unknown parasite or disease into your collection, which believe me, that is a real concern. However, wanting your two females back brings you back to square one as far as that is concerned. So, more quarantine, and with the two females in Damian's possession for two months now, there may, or may not be a whole host of problems that you could be welcoming into your home. You're better off just keeping the snakes that have had vet care recently(that is being paud for, as it should be) and enjoy them. Tough lesson learned, but as I stated before, it could always be much worse....I understand your aggravation, and never said it was wrong, but be thankful that you didn't receive a box of dead snakes from someone who convenientl
dropped off the face of the earth. And before you misunderstand what I am saying yet again, I'm not excusing Damian for his lackadaisical approach to communication or the condition of the snakes.

And fwiw...possible scale rot, possible respiratory infection, etc...but you can't get bent out of shape over minor rat bites...feed live, it's gonna happen.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #43
mikoh4792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ
Vindictiveness is an ugly trait all around and turns good people to bad very quickly, so no, he doesn't have a right to be vindictive....
No, people are emotional beings. We don't only work on intellect. We have the right to feel vindictive when wronged. It's part of being human. It is... his right to feel however he wants.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #44
mikoh4792
Revenge does not turn good people bad. As an example if you steal something from me, I will make sure you pay by either going to jail or suing you. I will not let the person feel as though he got away with a crime.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_snake_sale View Post
DAMIAN WALEGA and the trade we did made me very discouraged and unenthusiastic with ball python trades, my mom is upset and is probably not going to let me trade again with anyone (which i am going to be veryyyy careful if i even do it again). its to bad that people like damian ruin it for us new herpers, and this is why i said i just want my snakes back and i will send his back.
It's OK to be discouraged for a while, this has been a negative experience for you and it may take a while before you are ready to trade again.
Just take it easy for a while (I looked back on your posts and you have been doing quite a bit of buying and selling here).

Should this have happened? No. But Damian did step up and pay the vet bill. I do not think that the trade transaction is going to be reversed at this point no matter how loudly you ask for it.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #46
SofaKing
When did this thread become a Dr. Phil episode?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #47
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoh4792 View Post
Andrew has the right to be angry and vindictive
People that act out of vindictiveness are not anyone I'd like to be around.

Quote:
We have the right to feel vindictive when wronged
Agreed, we can feel it, no problem....big difference between being and feeling.

Quote:
As an example if you steal something from me, I will make sure you pay by either going to jail or suing you. I will not let the person feel as though he got away with a crime.
But, are you seeking revenge, or justice? Revenge would be stealing something from that person in turn for stealing from you...Justice would be following the legal route to put a stop to that person and make sure they pay their debt to society or repay you.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #48
mikoh4792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
People that act out of vindictiveness are not anyone I'd like to be around.

Agreed, we can feel it, no problem....big difference between being and feeling.

But, are you seeking revenge, or justice? Revenge would be stealing something from that person in turn for stealing from you...Justice would be following the legal route to put a stop to that person and make sure they pay their debt to society or repay you.
Alright I guess I was playing with semantics in that case. What I should I have said was there should be justice for wrong doings ie. my example of stealing.

However, being and feeling vindictive have the same meaning. The definition of vindictive is to have a desire for revenge. So being vindictive...is in it's own right the same as feeling vindictive.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #49
j_dunlavy
Andrew,
You have every right to be pissed however, letting it take over will put you into a bad place. Be the better person at this point, we have all been burned and it sucks. All you can do is move on afterwards.

The best thing to do at this point is take the payment (whatever you can get of it) for the vet bills and walk. If you keep a cool head and inform people about the way Damian does business you will have been the bigger person and won by calling out his shady practices.
Damian will not last long in this hobby, as you can see, word travels fast and this BOI post will haunt him forever (Fauna BOI is permanent, unlike Facebook BOI). Every time someone searches for info on him or asks about him from now on, this thread will show up; do a google search for his name and 5 spaces down he is listed as a bad guy.

Young guys like you are the future of the reptile industry so keep at it and hold your head high. Everybody here can plainly see Damian for what he is; another shady breeder who should be avoided. We are all sympathetic to your situation right now but I have seen anger from many an OP turn the group against them.

Just a note on future trades: I only trade in person unless I know the person and fully trust them. There are good people and good trades to be had out there, just be cautious and do a BOI search before you agree to anything.
Heck, I have been doing this for years and I still get nervous every time I make a deal with someone I have not dealt with before; sometimes you have to have risk to have reward.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #50
andrew_snake_sale
I'm not the bad guy here I am not vindictive and I do not want revenge!!! i believe in karma. All I WANTED was for him to take responsibility for his neglect and his sick animals that he NEVER should have sent us in the first place

I have a right to be mad because of what DAMIAN WALEGA has pulled on me and for all of his BS and feel bad for any future customers of his.

I'm done with DAMIAN WALEGA AND his new business WINDY CITY BALL PYTHONS
BUYERS MUST be EXTREMELY cautious when dealing with him!!

I am being bashed on fb and that's ok I am not going to let this POS bring me down. I will bring the 2 snakes to the vet for their recheck as reccomended by our reputable vet when the bell had to have his abscesses drained. I will however send DAMIAN WALEGA that bill too and ask that he pays the fees as I FEEL is the least he could/should do!!!

DAMIAN paying me today was only because he was forced to do so, he did not do it because he wanted to. So giving him a pat on the back for stepping up 2 months later is a joke.

Thanks for the support

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python trade, boi, injury