Bad Guy William Albright, very, very bad - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #41
SerpenXotics
Cool I just know how things can get misconstrued on forums.

Thanks
Joe

Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #42
Tigger the Tiger
I understand how you guys feel. Some people can just say it, some guy got over on you, now you put that person on blast and now everyone knows to stay away from em. I can't do it. I've worked to hard for what little I have to just throw it away on an expensive lesson.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #43
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger the Tiger View Post
Harry over at monstersnakes is someone that I consider a friend, and he told me to basically leave the snake alone and give him some time to settle in. Which I did, accept for cleaning the cage and changing the water and misting him to keep the humidity up to help with the RI. I offerd the snake a meal about once every week before that. After leaving him alone, I offered food to him yesterday which he didn't take. He did however constrict it but then left it alone. I left the rat in there with him but it was a no go.
That's a great start. Not to make this thread too much about husbandry, but as I'm sure Harry may have suggested, wait some more time just like you did, and then offer him something freshly killed. Due to what appear to be bite marks, you mentioned suspecting he was on live food. Offering fresh could make the transition easier for you.

Like I said, I would do my best to care for the snake and write this guy off as a lesson learned. However, if this is not an option for you, what would you consider a reasonable solution? Perhaps with the help of the members here, it could be achieved.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #44
Snyds911
Yeah, this guy apologized and is trying to help, just not responding... I think he's actually trying to help. Just keep us posted.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #45
Tigger the Tiger
I thought I would run this email I recieved to day from William Albright by you guys. Should I do this or shouldn't I ? Given the condition of the animal, I don't think shipping him would be in the snakes best interest.

Re: reticSaturday, September 12, 2009 6:32 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"william albright" <ahpexotics@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "pitbull292006" <pitbull292006@yahoo.com>i don't want to see this snake die so here is what i think we should do.
i will email you a shipping label on monday so that you can send the snake back to me for treatment.
i will replace it w/ an 08 albino tiger. if i am unable to do so w/ in 30 days i will refund you the full amount of the animal.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM, pitbull292006 <pitbull292006@yahoo.com> wrote:

Mr Albright, I woke up this morning to find the male albino tiger retic very lethargic. I don't think this snake will make it much longer. There are some het albino super tiger males for sale on kingsnake. Here's the link http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=7&de=711900

I will take 2 of the super tiger males priced at 225 each or the one super tiger which is pictured with the reduced pattern priced at 500. Mr. Albright, I do not want to end up with a expensive, dead snake.

--
Thank you,
Bill Albright
AHP Exotics
Moncks Corner, SC 29461

Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #46
MikeCurtin
I would be hesitant to ship a sick snake as well, however, if you don't, it may require laying out some money up front for veterinary costs, but more importantly, you have to ask yourself if the animal would be better off with you or with him.

Regardless of your conclusion, because he has offered a solution, if you decline outright, it could give him justification for not refunding or replacing the animal if it does not pull through for you. I would try and discuss other options in order to come to an agreement. I'd also try to find out the reason for the 30 day "grace period" he is asking for.

Lastly, as I don't know your experience and/or husbandry, I urge you again just to make sure this animal is keep warm, humid, and stress free while this is going on. Hopefully, the snake will surprise you while you're trying to get all of this worked out.

BTW, I'd still like to hear Mr. Albright's side here.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #47
Tigger the Tiger
I just recieved an email from William Albright saying that he will not refund my money until I ship the snake back to him. Because I don't have a bank account to link to my paypal account I would have to wait to get a check from paypal. So I told Mr. Albright that I would like to revieve my refund in the same way that I paid him, I wired him the money through money gram. I'm afraid that If I ship this snake to him I won't see my money, giving what I had to go through just to get him to email me back. I'm also afraid that if I ship this snake to Mr. Albright in it's current condition that it might arrive DOA and Mr. Albright will find some excuse not to send me my money.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #48
reticguy76
you know the really sad thing here, and pretty much anywhere, is that now days you cant trust anybody. on one hand, you dont trust mr. albright to send you your refund, before you ship a potentially sick snake. on the other hand, mr albright doesnt trust you to send you your refund before you ship him the snake. unfortunately in the "business world" somebody has to take the higher road and go first, so to speak, and just have good faith that the other party will honor their word. oh to be back in mayberry days, when a mans word was trustworthy on both sides.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #49
Tigger the Tiger
reticguy, I totally agree with you. But the only reason I really feel like this is because I had to do so much just to get him to email me. I called, texted, and emailed him all went unanwsered. It wasn't until I sent a complaint email to kingsnake.com and threatened him with legal action that he contacted me.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #50
reticguy76
what it inevitably comes down to is what is best for the animal that is in a health crisis (or potential health crisis). if he is at a point that you dont feel safe sending him back to the seller, it is the right thing to do, to get him to a vet and have a full exam and at least some diagnostic work done. this is so the reason why i try to avoid doing business via internet. you cant trust anybody these days. while i understand where you are coming from, if the snake is in such bad shape that he may not live during the shipping of him back to the seller, you really should be addressing his medical issues first and foremost. have you taken him to a qualified reptile/amphibian medicine veterinarian. i know its tough to spend the money on top of what you may have been "taken for" already, but one of two things needs to happen, either take the snake to a qualified reptile/amphibian veterinarian, or ship the animal back to the seller and have faith that the seller is honorable, and wants to avoid his name being slandered on the boi. there is a very old, simple but so true (especially in todays world), "buyer beware". and these days, unless you get things in writing, in front of witnesses, and/or a notory, that whole "buyer beware" thing runs very strong in the business world

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!