Info Doc Walker, reptidoc, Dr. Daryl G. Walker = buyer beware - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #41
reptilebaby
Although I don't LIKE getting animals when it's really cold...

Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
Candachan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm thinking the raffle might have been in response to this situation:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=proexotics

I'm sad that this buyer sent funds that would help assist another in our community in their time of need, was lucky enough to win some hatchlings in the raffle, and now has so little to show for her donations.
It would be nice if anyone in her area who has surplus healthy hatchlings might consider a gift of one of them to her.

Yes, this was my raffle that I had set up and run on Cornsnakes.com. I had 7 of my own babies as well as others donated from a few people including Doc Walker.

I'm upset that this happened, but I'm still happy about the money we raised together.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
reptilebaby
OMG, I am worried after reading just ONE of those cornsnake.com threads....Thank GOD my friend is willing to take my baby for me!

Old 11-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
I'm still happy about the money we raised
It was awesome for you to step up and help.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #45
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
For documentation purposes, I would like to post a few threads from CS.com that people can read through and get an idea here. These are the few threads that I can currently locate. If I can find more, I will post them.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=dead

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...breeder&page=3
With all due respect to your intentions and to CS.com, please do not add more links. Since that site does not share the identification requirements of the BOI, you are effectively providing anonymous third party quotations (check the first thread on the BOI, entitled A note about posting anonymous third party quotes http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=146268)

Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #46
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
With all due respect to your intentions and to CS.com, please do not add more links. Since that site does not share the identification requirements of the BOI, you are effectively providing anonymous third party quotations (check the first thread on the BOI, entitled A note about posting anonymous third party quotes http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=146268)
Pretend that I posted it in blue the first time

Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #47
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiledoc View Post
I wish it had a brighter outcome. I have sold almost 500 snakes this season with no problems. It looks like my streak just ended. Sorry again.
Turning a blind eye to the obvious??? I know the thread was started in 2010, but there has been a lot added this year, as well. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Reptiledoc

Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #48
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Eyed_Lady View Post
A few hours later, I went to actually set them up in their quarentine tubs. (earlier I had just set them to warm up) and I noticed that they were very small and felt kinda mushy. I e-mailed Doc that evening about supper time and asked him about hatch dates and feeding schedule. He got back to me later that night and told me that they were hatched between the begining to the middle of August and all had eaten between 8 to 10 times. I did e-mail him about the dates and feeds because it didnt sound just right to me and he did e-mail back that they were fed about every 7 to 10 days. Also, at this time he informed me to wait a few days to feed.Dee Anna Hazen
Doc,

Honestly I read the above highlighted text from Dee and the fist thing that popped into my mind concerning those animals she received was "malnourished". Level with me, please, how often are you feeding your babies? It sounds to me that you are just not feeding them enough. If you are feeding them 10 days or longer between meals, that will kill them for certain. A slow lingering death, but sure death nonetheless. The optimum feeding schedule is roughly every 5 days for baby corn snakes, but I averaged 7 days and got by OK, they just grew slower than they could have. I just got overwhelmed with numbers. Although I would have LIKED to have fed the babies more often, it kind of boiled down to how many could you REALISTICALLY feed every day to keep them ALL fed. When that number started reaching 300 or better per day, then it started to get away from me. I produced 8,000 babies one year and knew I could never do that again. There wasn't enough time in a day to feed them all on a reasonable schedule. That's also when I started bulking out a LOT of stuff, right out of the egg to reduce the numbers as quickly as possible. I also cut out nearly all of the shows we used to do because it was beginning to tell on the babies since every show meant I had to put gaps of 12 days between feedings as a result of being out of town. This was VERY hard on the babies and I had to make choices pertinent and prudent to their well being. I presume that you are doing this part time, so quite possibly you have bitten off more than you can chew with numbers and this is taking it's toll on your babies. This is a VERY hard business to do part time even with a regular 9 to 5 job.

Over the years I have talked to countless people who would feed their baby corn snakes no more than every two weeks, and they wondered why they eventually died on them even though they were feeding regularly. Well, yeah they were feeding regularly, but just not regularly ENOUGH. Baby snakes just need to be fed OFTEN. You need to get the started feeding ASAP after hatching and keep putting food into them just to keep them alive, much less growing. Heck, I used to try to get stubborn feeders going by force feeding them mouse tails. If that didn't kick start them QUICKLY into feeding on their own, they would die anyway because I just could not force enough tails down their throats fast enough to sustain them for long. And they CAN reach a point of no return with lack of nourishment where even if they do suddenly start getting fed more, the damage is already done. They are dead, but they just don't know it yet. When I saw the phrase "very small and felt kinda mushy", this is exactly what went through my mind.

Anyway, my humble opinion is that yes, you do have a problem on your hands. But it may all just be a basic husbandry issue, that is fixable.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #49
Cat_Eyed_Lady
I do beleive Doc Walker wants to pretend that his snakes dont have any problems and he is a victim in all this. Like ppl are picking on him or something? I wish Doc would just admit there is a problem and would work on fixing it. So many hatchlings dieing! for nothing! The more I find out, the more frustrated with him I feel.

Only after I told Doc about doing a warning thread on the BOI, was he nice to me. Very sweet and kind... then asked me to retract the boi I had posted on him. Before that, it seemed like I was just a bother he would prefer to not e-mail with at all.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #50
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Find below the e-mails where we talked about the feeding times and such. Bottom to top, sorry, didnt know how to turn it around.

No, thats not correct.
They have to shed their skins after hatching. That takes about 8 days. Then they also shed every few weeks and dont eat during the week it takes them to cloud up, clear up and shed their skins. I would say that they ate every 7-10 days on average when they werent in some sort of transition.

Dr. Darryl G. Walker

Email: reptiledoc@comcast.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: reptiledoc@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:40:57 PM
Subject: RE: Hatch Dates and Eating Episodes

Do I misunderstand? That means you feed approximately every 2 weeks??

Dee Anna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:19:25 +0000
To: cat_eyed_lady@hotmail.com
Subject: Hatch Dates and Eating Episodes

Hypo (Het) Plasmas)--Hatched 8/21/11---Have eaten 8 times
Hypo (Het Sunkissed/Amel/Stripe)--Hatched 8/4/11---Have eaten 10 times
Hypo Stripe (Het Amel/Amber)--Hatched 8/22/11---Have eaten 8 times

Dr. Darryl G. Walker

Email: reptiledoc@comcast.net

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!