Bad Guy Derek Beando Dbeando scams - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #41
Willow
that text exchange was hard to read. What grown man feels its acceptable to behave like that.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #42
dragonsdesyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
This kid could go to jail for all this. I don't even see how he can make this right. Am I wrong or is this criminal?
You are spot on. It's a crime, perhaps a felony, and the Attorney General here in NM will know how to pursue that end of things.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
aschnell
Well, I bought Candy from Derek for $600 a few months ago, and haven't heard from him since then. Has anyone else bought Candy as well?

I know he's going through a rough patch right now, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Almost nobody on Fauna gives anyone else the benefit of the doubt, which I think it unfortunate. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things, that's how it goes. I've done business with Derek several times over the past year or two and he's always been a stand up guy, so I think it's a bummer that all of this is happening.

And Meg, please avoid getting involved with this unless you bought something from Derek and didn't get it yet. You get involved in literally every BOI bad guy thread, and I have no idea why. It's absolutely unnecessary. Yes, you're perfectly entitled to do so, and I can't stop you, but you almost always heat things up unnecessarily. When I was at the LA supershow a few months back, I had 5 different vendors start talking about how much they disliked you as soon as we started talking about the BOI, and they were always the first ones to bring you up. I have a $20,000 collection of Rhacodactylus geckos and I breed all 6 species of Rhac. I've been in this a long time and have WAY more experience with geckos and sales than you do. If I can keep a cool head about losing $600, I just hope you can keep a cool head about something you're not even involved in. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
Bad Obsession Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
I know he's going through a rough patch right now, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Almost nobody on Fauna gives anyone else the benefit of the doubt, which I think it unfortunate. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things, that's how it goes. I've done business with Derek several times over the past year or two and he's always been a stand up guy, so I think it's a bummer that all of this is happening.
I DID give him the benefit of the doubt, which is why I didn't post a BOI thread earlier. I wish I DIDN'T because maybe it would have saved some of these people from buying from him. I got my gecko, yes, but I almost didn't. If I hadn't told him I would post a BOI thread and file a claim the morning I was supposed to get him, he would have played it off as if he wasn't home and I likely would be in their position too. There is no excuse to selling the same animal 3+ times to different people. NONE

FYI temps in Mass this past week have been wonderful for shipping, so anyone waiting for geckos should have got them by now.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveretta View Post
I DID give him the benefit of the doubt, which is why I didn't post a BOI thread earlier. I wish I DIDN'T because maybe it would have saved some of these people from buying from him. I got my gecko, yes, but I almost didn't. If I hadn't told him I would post a BOI thread and file a claim the morning I was supposed to get him, he would have played it off as if he wasn't home and I likely would be in their position too. There is no excuse to selling the same animal 3+ times to different people. NONE
You're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said "nobody" gives people the benefit of the doubt, because you clearly did. I should have said "many people". I'm glad you got your gecko at least though! Hopefully I'll get mine eventually too.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #46
aschnell
Here's the evidence of a couple of my payments to Derek.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
Bad Obsession Reptiles
Quote:
You're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said "nobody" gives people the benefit of the doubt, because you clearly did. I should have said "many people". I'm glad you got your gecko at least though! Hopefully I'll get mine eventually too.
I hope you do, too! Candy, Vegan Cupcake, Creme Fenche...he had a wonderful collection and I know he cared about them at least at one point, and hope he still does. He still has a chance to make this right and I really hope he can stand up and do the right thing.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #48
Lucille
Quote:

And Meg, please avoid getting involved with this unless you bought something from Derek and didn't get it yet.
The BOI cannot work UNLESS others freely give their take on the posted transactions. If only the parties involved posted, there would not be anywhere near the benefits and peer pressures that open comment encourages.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
AltitudeExotics
I also bought a gecko from Derek I have not yet received, and have not herd from him since sending payment. I bought a Northern Gecko line solid red female, and was supposed to have Candy, (purchased by Andrew Schnell,) and the solid red girl shipped to me. I have just filed a PP dispute after seeing all this. I just called Derek and left him a message so we will see if I ever hear back from him either...

Old 03-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #50
Meg90
I alerted two RELEVANT parties Andrew. Neither had seen the thread until I linked them via FB. And I consider Lydia a friend of mine. Your comments make me wonder why this BOI thread should suddenly be about YOUR beef with me? What vendors at the super show are BS-ing about isn't really tip top on my priority list. And its not in any way relevant or contributory to this post?

And thank you Lucille, for the comment. Its nice to know there are some rational thinkers perusing these posts as well.

I don't believe in giving Jo Blow the benefit of the doubt when it comes to money, and live animals. In what realm of business would this be acceptable? If this was a car that was sold multiple times, and paid for by multiple parties would tempers be running lower?

If it was a camera? A refrigerator? Boat? Puppy?

Honestly if anything, Derek Beando has already had enough benefit of the doubt. Kelly Hunt put up with his harassment because she was close enough (and wanted badly) the gecko he had. Derek threatened several times to keep the animal and "watch her try" and get a refund through paypal.

People change. Past good transactions shouldn't be an excuse to treat current customers (and the live animals that are being sold) like garbage.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!